Zero Punctuation: Dark Void

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 

Actually, after rewatching this video, the jetpack part kinda reminded me of the iron man wii game (inspiration o'meter 97,215)

Add 1 to the Inspire-o-meter the whole jet-pack thing was done in Tribes Vengeance a really good yet really unheard of PC game that kicks Halo around like a worthless can on the road of the evolution of shooter with the main "hit or miss" aspect of the game being the fact that the jet-pack flying makes up about 75% of the combat... the other 25% being the actual shooting and gun choice...

WOPR:
Add 1 to the Inspire-o-meter the whole jet-pack thing was done in Tribes Vengeance a really good yet really unheard of PC game that kicks Halo around like a worthless can on the road of the evolution of shooter with the main "hit or miss" aspect of the game being the fact that the jet-pack flying makes up about 75% of the combat... the other 25% being the actual shooting and gun choice...

Wow, someone else who played, and actually liked Tribes:Vengeance. Awesome! I salute you, sir.

Kills me that almost no one on this review knows about the Tribes series, they even had one on PS2 (Tribes: Aerial Assault). I got hooked on it, and haven't been able to enjoy other shooters since.

'Alzheimer's patient on a stair lift' XP never get sick of that one.

There's a fiction series by Naomi Novik including an alternative Napoleonic war where everyone rides dragons.

saving world, jetpack flight?
try The Rocketeer for the NES.
Also, Rocket Ranger for the NES.
2 more for the inspiration meter.
I had to look those games up in an old nintendo secrets book I had sitting around somewhere.

holy crap yahtzee, it's like you were watching me bitch about this game while i played it. coming up to the last console in the game i thought, "well will, you could try to press the button.. no? fine, smash it; that wouldnt work if it were real life, ya know"

you forgot some more of the developers' inspiration like from Star Wars ("stay on target") and the Matrix (the 'Oracle' child and the predictable but unmoving 'catch the girl' scene).. it's like they wanted to put everything they love into an Uncharted game, then pulled an Obsidian and left it unfinished. i too was surprised that the end was just a simple boss fight that came too early.

SpinFusor:

Kills me that almost no one on this review knows about the Tribes series, they even had one on PS2 (Tribes: Aerial Assault). I got hooked on it, and haven't been able to enjoy other shooters since.

Do you still play TAA online?

culade:
Do you still play TAA online?

I played for as long as there were a hand full of people to play against. When things got really dead, I turned to PC for my Tribes fix. I haven't really been tempted to go back, so I don't know if anyone even plays anymore.

SpinFusor:
I haven't really been tempted to go back, so I don't know if anyone even plays anymore.

they took down the servers for TAA, but a small group of dedicated players rebuilt the master list to the game so that it could b played online again. They get together every so often to play it; so if youre ever interested in playing it again, look at onlineconsoles.com in the ps2 section.

culade:
... so if youre ever interested in playing it again, look at onlineconsoles.com in the ps2 section.

If things were in full swing I might be tempted to get back into form, but TAA feels incredibly foreign to me now. I'm hoping the new MMO in the works (Tribes Universe) rejuvenates the franchise, and maybe, hopefully brings in some of the old TAA players.

oi Yahtzee, ik a game it ripped off the jetpack from, its called Rocket Knight Aventures back on the Sega Genesis 16-Bit

*Is drinking milk and eating a cookie*

"Like a spider in a glass of milk..."

Dammit yahtzee!

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Reply to Thread

Log in or Register to Comment
Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  
  
Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here