Zero Punctuation: Dark Void

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Poor Dark Void, it could've been so much more.

Amusing as ever. But why does everyone feel it necessary to make references to Alzheimers lately. Amusing as ever. But whats all the hate towards Alzheimers recently?

a glass of milk with a spider in it seems like it would go horribly wrong long before the end.

Ok, so how many people have just (re)watched the too human review. Yes lots, thought as much.
Did any 1 actually buy it, it must have some redeeming features?

I feel vaguely concerned about replying to this video, having seen the first five replies being suspended for theirs, two of which I feel are entirely legitimate. I am not sure if the mods felt they were too punctual, or too short on words... anyway. >.>

That aside, I liked this review much as I have enjoyed all of Yahtzee's other reviews. There is something warmingly familiar about knowing that he will be heaving steaming chunks of stomach acid all over something, as to slowly watch its face burn for having the indignance of failing to meet his expectations.

This is to be qualified, perhaps, with Yahtzee having high expectations of games, and low expectations of people (which I might add is somewhat contradictory.) However, if he didn't, and he was just another calm voice, gently explaining his viewpoint, I doubt we would all love him, or that he would have a show on the escapist.

Such a great review, and the best line was definitely saved for last.

I'm not sure exactly when this game was released, but I've got to play the bitch. An indie game called "Cortex Command" has you order little men with jetpacks to fight, as far as I know, CC has been out for some time before Dark Void, so jetpacks have been done.

There's also that awesome windows pixelly game JETPAC.

Okay, good. Was starting to think I was in some alternate universe or something where only /I/ couldn't see that review vid. Everyone else I asked elsewhere were like "Uh no, the video plays just fine for me, weird!" =/

rofl, very nicly done this week. couldnt stop laughing =)

I'm looking forward to the ME2 review, as Yatzeeh seems to be one of the few stout critics who don't blindly find it awesome. Apart from the visual aspect I don't see anything impressive about ME2, the dialogues and story don't interest me one bit. Evil robots? Oh no! Evil insects? Oh no! Really...

Bloody hell, you included a picture of Rugby school! I know you went to Sheriff but that's still pretty sweet.

Yes you probably have no idea what I'm on about.

I bet Yahtzee loved The Rocketeer when he was a kid. I know I did. Hooray jetpacks!

The last simile was perfect.
Absolutely perfect.

don't need Yatzee to tell me this game isn't worth getting, you could see it all over the gameplay videos on Youtube before the game was even released... but it's still fun to hear him crap on an already crappy game

the guy looks just like the rocketeer and even has the same jetpack

widescreen,nice

Alternate Napoleonic war... Flying around on...

Are you saying you want a Temeraire game?

Sounds like the end is a set up for a sequel.

I had several bouts of Vertigo while attempting the jetpack dogfight sequences.
Fuck me, those sudden 180-degree turns only disorient me more and fighting in full 360 is a right bitch, especially when the enemy has a near-constant lock-on on me and I'm struggling to find out from which direction the painful pointy things are coming from.

Hahaha, that was great.
Definitely going down as one of your best reviews as of late, hoping to see more disappointments to inspire such wondrous pieces of comedic venom in the future.

"Crispy fried puke down to the fucking bone barrow..."
Now that's gotta be the fucking metaphor of the entire history of the English language.

Loved how you could relate the game to one particularly gruesome death scene in Dead Space where you're forced to cheer for his unlikely, heroic effort to escape doom despite all the signs pointing to his tragic, imminent failure :(

dietpeachsnapple:
I feel vaguely concerned about replying to this video, having seen the first five replies being suspended for theirs, two of which I feel are entirely legitimate. I am not sure if the mods felt they were too punctual, or too short on words... anyway. >.>

It's because they replied before having seen the actual video. The rules are clear: bans and suspensions if you do it. It's an attention-grabbing thing that you'd think would have sorted itself out quickly. 60 Zero Punctuations later and it's still going on

adderseal:

dietpeachsnapple:

It's because they replied before having seen the actual video. The rules are clear: bans and suspensions if you do it. It's an attention-grabbing thing that you'd think would have sorted itself out quickly. 60 Zero Punctuations later and it's still going on

My confusion concerns that notion. Two of the comments referred to content FROM the video, implying that they had viewed it. However, if their times indicated that they replied so quickly that it was chronologically impossible for them to have seen the content AND posted, then I would concede entirely.

video was medium to standard funny. game sucks according to me playing the demo.

Jhil:
I'm looking forward to the ME2 review, as Yatzeeh seems to be one of the few stout critics who don't blindly find it awesome. Apart from the visual aspect I don't see anything impressive about ME2, the dialogues and story don't interest me one bit. Evil robots? Oh no! Evil insects? Oh no! Really...

yeah, me too. got the first and the whole story doesn“t hook me. also, no matter how hard i try, my sheperd is an asshole.

sorry for the off topic post btw.

This is the first Zero Punctuation video in a long time where I've actually watched it immediately a second time after the credits rolled. Not due to any noisy roommates or irritating house-cats, mind you, just because it was that damn awesome. I'm seriously thinking about turning the image of Will rocketing through the movie theater screen into a desktop wallpaper. This might even be my favorite ZP, with Valkyria Chronicles and Wet tied for a close second.

I am a little surprised there was no mention Dark Void Zero for DSiWare, but maybe that's being saved for Extra Punctuation.

Perfect comic timing, wonderfully tortured metaphors, and a noticeable jump in energy from the last few videos, this feels like a real return to form for Yahtzee.

lol great review as always.

As I do not intend to go through this intere thread to see if my question has already been answered, I will simply ask now:
At 1:33, when he mentions Julia Roberts, I noticed that there is a female torso hanging in top part of the video; what is that about? A simple mistake, which was made, when he created the video?
Again maybe this has already been mentioned, but far too long to go through all the post, so please answer.

By the way, great review.

just bought this for £14.99 on play.com

after this review i feel it's worth giving it a look for that price. knowing how these things work i'll probably be able to trade it in at Game for £25 or something ridiculous like that

I didn't figure I would pick it up. Looked like the only thing going for it was the jetpack, and your review convinced me of that. Maybe a renter.

I still kind of want to get this game, but it just looks like another shooter, only with flying involved. Maybe if it sells well, a nice sequel will get made. Oh, and I think I like the ending joke almost as much as the "last male panda" joke :D

I can't fucking stop imagining a spider in a glass of milk.

Thanks Yahtzee.

So yeah, about that Alternate Napoleonic War With Flying Lizards thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temeraire_%28series%29

Am I the only one who can imagin yahtzee with a huge grin on his face while recording this review. He sounds just so happy.

I laughed very hard. I had no real reason to comment tho, till I saw this:
http://kotaku.com/5465085/australias-anti+r18%252B-game-rating-attorney+general-sees-fake-people

Seems that certain asshat in power that Yahtzee so despises is in the news again for, guess what, being a closed minded idiot who doesn't look into his babble.

Loved the review, as I do all ZP's!

For some reason I can't watch the video, I just get the one with samples of each video segment. Any help?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here