Game Dogs: Episode Four: Satan

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Yay! I loved this so much! It's nice to finally see other furries out in the open making vids on subjects we actually care about like gaming <3 Do you actually work for a game design company? It sounds like you know about the creative process hehehe!

sawbones:
Yay! I loved this so much! It's nice to finally see other furries out in the open making vids on subjects we actually care about like gaming <3 Do you actually work for a game design company? It sounds like you know about the creative process hehehe!

I have spent alot of time working in the game designing community, and this video does not represent any actual game design company in the slightest. Also, furry....

addeB:
Lol, i would buy it to. ;)

Hehe, Oh yeah!

agreed, Bob is our small diamond in the rough

This episode wasn't that funny, but it was entertaining to watch, which is something.

Even the intentionally bad pun at the beginning couldn't save it.

Put it out of its misery and put the effort somewhere else.

rason:

sawbones:

I have spent alot of time working in the game designing community, and this video does not represent and actual game design company in the slightest. Also, furry....

O_O;; oh I see! I've never designed games myself, but I'm sure every company is different. It seems like this is about a smaller design group than maybe what you're used to.

And yes....I'm a furry lmao. You watched this video so I don't know why you're surprised >_>

Bob was great in this episode

"Move roger I need to get my lunch"
"who said Bob could work in the game design department"

LOl at them throwing ideas on how satan should look like (goat,cat,dog,half tank) LOLOL
You even used different dog breeds as well
I wanna see more Mr.Yee and Bob.
Chet,Roger and Bethany were not bad in this episode.

the most deepest thing i've ever heard....about a bowl.

Bob made the corners of my mouth twitch a little. But that's all. Very predictable punchline.

sawbones:

O_O;; oh I see! I've never designed games myself, but I'm sure every company is different. It seems like this is about a smaller design group than maybe what you're used to.

No, believe me, no games design company in the world works like this. It's an idealized way of showing it at best.

Are you insane?

To watch this, still, I must be.

Furburt:

sawbones:

No, believe me, no games design company in the world works like this. It's an idealized way of showing it at best.

It's too bad the creative process isn't that funny!

Eh, I don't like to put down other people's work... but it's not thrilling, it's not pariticularly funny and the characters are still too linear. It's the kind of series I'd want to start watching after about 20 episodes are made, so I could judge it then. I'm not going to stop watching it, in the hope it is only building a plot.

Bartiism:
(the animation is far crisper than most of the other shows and employs a variety of people)

Animation... crispier? Is that a compliment? First episode of South Park had better animation.

If only you would have shown a very hilarious satan, you would had made a good joke. Instead, you're just putting a cliffhanger.

Keep in mind that

No one likes cliffhangers.

It's still so-so.

Would it be too much to ask to have you guys invest in wind socks for the microphones? Or hell teach the voice actors not to spit air at them when doing their voices?

I mean really, fundamentally this series is so fucked. You are stubbornly hanging on to ploys that just arent funny...oooo take that haters were not getting rid of the "live studio audience" joke, give me a break. Your creations are so unoriginal that its impossible to disguise where and how you blatantly ripped them off. Sure everything is a rip of or "interpretation" of something else now a days. Usually though good shows will put their own flavour on to those templates...you guys just dont seem to get it. And no Gary...or John or cat from apocalypse lane, youre not funny. Your repeated lines are tiresome, i cant believe you guys can say with a straight face that this is a throw back to 80s and 90s cartoons...you took the weakest parts of those shows and threw out the good. Writing decent articles and people at the office telling you youre funny doesnt translate well to everyone else, have fun with your show crashing and burning around you. In the last pole 18 to 20 people seemed to enjoy this show, why not PM it to them instead?

xmetatr0nx:
Would it be too much to ask to have you guys invest in wind socks for the microphones? Or hell teach the voice actors not to spit air at them when doing their voices?

I mean really, fundamentally this series is so fucked. You are stubbornly hanging on to ploys that just arent funny...oooo take that haters were not getting rid of the "live studio audience" joke, give me a break. Your creations are so unoriginal that its impossible to disguise where and how you blatantly ripped them off. Sure everything is a rip of or "interpretation" of something else now a days. Usually though good shows will put their own flavour on to those templates...you guys just dont seem to get it. And no Gary...or John or cat from apocalypse lane, youre not funny. Your repeated lines are tiresome, i cant believe you guys can say with a straight face that this is a throw back to 80s and 90s cartoons...you took the weakest parts of those shows and threw out the good. Writing decent articles and people at the office telling you youre funny doesnt translate well to everyone else, have fun with your show crashing and burning around you. In the last pole 18 to 20 people seemed to enjoy this show, why not PM it to them instead?

I really have to agree with you.

And three shows on one day is just to much, spread it out a little

Abedeus:

Bartiism:
(the animation is far crisper than most of the other shows and employs a variety of people)

Animation... crispier? Is that a compliment? First episode of South Park had better animation.

Okay allow me to put this into perspective: Look at Apocalypse Lane. Fantastic as the script may be you have to admit the drawing is a little rough around the edges.

Now look at Game Dogs: despite the fact that their mouths move in one direction only the actual designs are smoother and more carefully drawn than most of the Escapists cartoons.

It's not great, but I thought the same thing when Apocalypse Lane first started and now I love that show. I'll give it another episode or two before I stop watching completely.

Axe Gary. I can't stand him. The voice acting, animation, and writing for him are all just... terrible.

But besides that, I'm starting to see promise for this series. I'll keep my eyes open.

xmetatr0nx:

I'm totally convinced that the voice recording for this was done with the microphones on webcams.

Seriously, Yahtzee uses a USB headset and his audio quality is better!

This'll be the last thing I say here, but if you're going to promote it so aggressively, why not actually put some effort into the damn thing? Same goes for the animation.

It's a show that pains for a budget, if nothing else. That might actually make it less of an assault on the eyes and ears.

So, I was ready to give up on Game Dogs, and then I watched this episode. Lots of sarcasm, which had me grinning and chuckling a bit.

I have extended my willingness to watch this by 2 weeks.

This was an improvement, at least in my opinion. I think they're funnier when the boss isn't around.

I must admit, I don't like it when the boss pops up at the end of the opening credits and says "are you insane?" It's not funny but feels like it's trying to be and failing. At the very least it would be an improvement to change up what he says, sort of like the chalkboard gag on the Simpsons. It could go from something fairly pointless to something to look forward to with each episode.

Sorry guys, this one didn't make me laugh at all. I noted a definite upward trend with the first three episodes, where did that go? It was getting better and better, but now this one...flopped. I'll still watch next week's though; perhaps the lack of humor in this one can just be chalked up to story development?

My mind, regardless of my efforts, can not fathom this show's sheer force of suck. The writing is terrible, the animation is subpar (though admittedly, it's not what makes me hate this show), and the characters are fantastically dull.

I figured that by the time this series got to Episode 4, it would have improved on some level. Once again, I find that my predictions are not always accurate.

Also, why do you guys insist on leaving in the "live studio audience" line after the intro? It wasn't funny the first, second, or third time, so what makes you think it's funny the fourth time?

This week game dogs had some rescuable lines while doraleus was pretty much anoying this time.

Its comedy kept a low profile. I hope it is building up to a better more potential phase.

MORE OF BOB

Less of everyone else

Then it will be funny

I have list of good things and bad things.

Good:
1. Bob was deep and his shuttle approach made him the best character of the series.
2. ... some character development and plot progression...

Bad:
1. Plot progression is still kinda slow, and predictable (I'm 90% sure that satan will look a lot like Garry, and Mr. Yee will love it, and promote the game dogs)
2. At first I didn't mind Garry repeating himself but now it's become a little nerve wrecking. Maybe that's how most bosses are but this doesn't make him funny.
The fact that he switches from insults and threats to mandatory breaks, and fake kindness doesn't help either.
3. The jokes (some of them) seem to be a little too high-class. They tend to require more thinking and may be too subtle for some(which makes them less appealing for the average crowd).
I can't say that this is a bad thing but the mixture of these types of jokes with the more "traditional" ones doesn't do to well.

I would have some other minor complains to make regarding the main 3 characters but I'll keep them to myself for a while.

I think we have a problem here, the entire series parts the community in the parts that hate the show, the parts that donīt like but hope it gets better and the parts that like it...
I think there is a pending flamewar ahead.

Well, count me to the last one, i like the show, i chuckled and smiled at some of the gags. While i didnīt burst out in laughter like i used to way back when i started watching ZP (i donīt do that anymore...maybe i matured up a bit or iīve grown used to it) it definately has potential to become something i laugh at (not in a bad way).

And itīs Dogs...i love dogs...
And congrats to Bob, it was awesome:
"I think satan should be represented as an empty bowl: It would be representative of the endless capacity of evil , yet simultaneously the lack of nurishment of a healthy, spiritual life."

I tried to give it a chance.
Sorry guys, it's just not as funny as other shows on here and, quite frankly, I can't be bothered to give it my time

All I can say is that it was OK.

I actually like this series. It's got some good jokes in there and some good existential ponderings.

I have a line manager who is similar to Gary as well, so I identify with them a bit.

And can anyone who has actually READ the bible, tell me what Satan looks like? Cos all I can think of is the Hollywood style red demon/goat thing...

The only effective joke in this episode was the bit about how it wasn't funny.

Think on that for a moment.

xmetatr0nx:

The repeated lines get to me too, and they say them with the same inflections and everything.

'Are you insane?'

'I don't even know how to draaaw Satan.'

'Fired, FIRED!'

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook