Rebecca Mayes Muses: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

You know my only serious complaint is how much of the video is just her standing around doing nothing game related or making any actual reference to the game.

I'm not saying she's not attractive but for the purpose the song I'd prefer they just nix her from the video altogether and made a video story out of scenes from the game. If anything she's just detracting from the video content.

I loved you Plants VS Zombies and now I can't stop listening to this.

After the first one, I lost interest in this program. Glad to see I was wrong and that you're still making good music. Mellow and uses the instruments well. My kind of music, which probably helps, but the quality shines through here. I like that you mix up the stuffy, boring old routine of line, line, refrain, refrain, line, line, refrain etc. You change it up, and that's the measure of a good musician in my book.

Does anyone else think the opening to that game, regardless of whether the rest of it is good, seems kind of pretentious and show-offish? "WARNING! This game will read your mind and the game will play you as much as you play it. Woooo! I'm scary!"

piscian:
You know my only serious complaint is how much of the video is just her standing around doing nothing game related or making any actual reference to the game.

I'm not saying she's not attractive but for the purpose the song I'd prefer they just nix her from the video altogether and made a video story out of scenes from the game. If anything she's just detracting from the video content.

Yeah it might have some of that but not a lot really, the only parts where she's standing doing nothing related to the game, for what i can see are the parts where she standing/dancing by the mic and playing guitar on the bed and in the attic. I liked those parts anyway.

Rebecca Mayes:
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

Rebecca plays a game that plays you back.

Watch Video

I just noticed your blouse!

I like you even more now :)

You have quite the talent, that was lovely. I still get the sense that you're ashamed to be making music about videogames.

Awesome song, any chance there is a cd on the way, or any way I can listen to these songs on the go?

This one's my favourite now :3 Enjoyed it!

esperandote:
Beautiful... the song too :)

Rebecca+My favorite series=Win

Edit:

I visited her blog, she has a video named The infurous case of Mr Kyle Hyde, or somehitng like that, is that a game or a person? if he's a person then im jealous xD. She appears more in that video than in any other, from begining to end (4 min), and she looks even more adorable and fun <3

Too bad you dont get the attention you deserve here on the escapist, this is the most talented show here.

Taste in music is very personal. I enjoy her music and videos as well, hence the "support" I'm giving her.

The Infurious Case of Mr Kyle Hyde is her song based on the Nintendo DS game, called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I haven't played it, so I don't know what it's exactly about. Kyle Hyde is the main character though, and there's even a "small" spoiler in there. Apparently ...

Oops.

Well, now I know there is a UFO ending to SH:SM :D

Best one in a while but still not up to Ghostbusters.

Great song once again.

Best one yet. It's a song as beautiful as the lady performing it.

That was easily one of your best, great job.

mechanixis:
You have quite the talent, that was lovely. I still get the sense that you're ashamed to be making music about videogames.

See, I don't get that vibe, particularly when there have been some games she clearly loves. (Batman: AA is a good example) What I'm getting is a feeling of "wow, it's really freaking hard to come up with and incorporate visual concepts and that are iconic enough to be obviously related to the game I'm singing about." I mean, coming up with lyrics is bad enough, but when you have to create a video as well? And it can't just be her standing in front of a microphone singing or she'll be booed off the metaphorical Escapist stage? When I consider how difficult that is, compared to what say 'Unskippable' does, the mind boggles.

Another lovely tune, I'll certainly keep coming back every other Friday, Rebecca. Tell the Escapist to give you a raise!

Very nice melodic music, creates good atmosphere.

Joa_Belgium:

esperandote:
Beautiful... the song too :)

Rebecca+My favorite series=Win

Edit:

I visited her blog, she has a video named The infurous case of Mr Kyle Hyde, or somehitng like that, is that a game or a person? if he's a person then im jealous xD. She appears more in that video than in any other, from begining to end (4 min), and she looks even more adorable and fun <3

Too bad you dont get the attention you deserve here on the escapist, this is the most talented show here.

Taste in music is very personal. I enjoy her music and videos as well, hence the "support" I'm giving her.

The Infurious Case of Mr Kyle Hyde is her song based on the Nintendo DS game, called Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I haven't played it, so I don't know what it's exactly about. Kyle Hyde is the main character though, and there's even a "small" spoiler in there. Apparently ...

Oops.

Ooh, all right then. Thanks :)

One of my favorites so far :)

Love it very much :D Great song!

you continue to be a great part of the escapist.

Your rhymes are broken and you have no rhythm.

Why do I keep watching these?

solidstatemind:

See, I don't get that vibe, particularly when there have been some games she clearly loves. (Batman: AA is a good example) What I'm getting is a feeling of "wow, it's really freaking hard to come up with and incorporate visual concepts and that are iconic enough to be obviously related to the game I'm singing about." I mean, coming up with lyrics is bad enough, but when you have to create a video as well? And it can't just be her standing in front of a microphone singing or she'll be booed off the metaphorical Escapist stage? When I consider how difficult that is, compared to what say 'Unskippable' does, the mind boggles.

Another lovely tune, I'll certainly keep coming back every other Friday, Rebecca. Tell the Escapist to give you a raise!

I thought standing in front of a microphone singing was what she does in the videos?

Anyways, I rather enjoyed this one; it helps that I'm genuinely enjoying Shattered Memories.

That was really nice.

Best one in a while, well done

wow!

that...damn...

pretty much made my day...

Very good. The lyrics where consistent with the game and quite full. Great music too.

I can safely say that this one pulled me back into watching your videos, great job

like the song hate the game. (liked the original)

You could listen to this and not even have to think it's about the game, really nice song.

That being said, how, how, how many times can you rip off Alan Wake, Climax.

Honestly, I tried to see if these videos got any better but they arent. Would it be wrong to say that if you were a guy then people would be more critical? Just a thought.

Faith in the music industry. You don't roll this show for profit or fame. Just recognition of your many idealistic ventures. Respect!

Your other stuff is pretty good. This one blew my mind.

You're more and more finding your sound. Keep it up and make a bleeding album out of these soon enough so we can start putting you on charts.

Very sweet song, and your review makes a good point about the futility of tailoring a game to a human personality type. Too many personality types, no way to make it fit everyone.

This was an awesome song, it makes me want to go out and buy the game and play it, now you tell me how many songs do that to you? This is also going straight to my ipod.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here