Unskippable: Assassin's Creed 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

this intro was 5mins long.. and bad.

The intros to the first two thief games were like 40 seconds and VASTLY superior because they gave a distinct impression of the setting and what t.his game will be about.

Keep it short guys..

Love the subtle Hitchhiker's reference. "Is it lunchtime?"

(Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.)

THATS NOT SPINGY!!! GOD, YOU SUCK AT THIS!!!

you guys are awesome. also, baby punch!

HyenaThePirate:

addeB:

HyenaThePirate:
HAHAHAHA This was one of the best yet...
I didn't think there was much to be ridiculed in Assassin's creed II to be honest and you guys come out banging!

It hurts having to wait an entire week for a new episode.. Man I can NOT stop laughing. Gonna watch it again!

You can't have watched the whole episode yet....
OT: Hahahaha, great episode! :D

What the?! I did watch the episode.
Sure I kinda clicked forward a bit here and there, but it's only 5 minutes long!

Yeh.. It's obvious that you were gunning for the first post mate.. Clicking forward, to comment how you're going to watch it again?? Why not just enjoy it the first time through and avoid probation all together?

OT:

Man I was totally not expecting AC2. Especially not the introduction of the game! I guess they wanted to avoid the awkward bit where you meet the Uncle. LOL

"They're attacking us with bright flashes of concept art!"

Hilarious.

Hehe, another good one!

"Baby punch!" and "This is my surprised face" were the two best lines. I think a few jokes were a little forced for the sake of having jokes. Overall it was a good video because it's hard to make fun of great games.

Does this mean I have to be less British as well? Aww...

lol you made the intro of this game really funny

I love the little written message at the end, its true, North is type cast almost as bad as Christopher Lee. Then again, Christopher Lee is phenomenal at his job, while North is just ... adequate.

4:05 Baby Spingey

Coffee, the root of all evil

snowfox:

HyenaThePirate:

addeB:

HyenaThePirate:
HAHAHAHA This was one of the best yet...
I didn't think there was much to be ridiculed in Assassin's creed II to be honest and you guys come out banging!

It hurts having to wait an entire week for a new episode.. Man I can NOT stop laughing. Gonna watch it again!

You can't have watched the whole episode yet....
OT: Hahahaha, great episode! :D

What the?! I did watch the episode.
Sure I kinda clicked forward a bit here and there, but it's only 5 minutes long!

Yeh.. It's obvious that you were gunning for the first post mate.. Clicking forward, to comment how you're going to watch it again?? Why not just enjoy it the first time through and avoid probation all together?

OT:

Man I was totally not expecting AC2. Especially not the introduction of the game! I guess they wanted to avoid the awkward bit where you meet the Uncle. LOL

Yeah I'll do that from now on. Or simply not post at all. I mean, geez, thats like not watching an entire basketball game and then being told off for being glad your team won. First post really doesn't mean anything to me and probably not to anyone else in the grand scheme of things.
Anyway, lesson learned, no harm no foul.

Nice Hitchhiker's Guide reference!

LUDICROUS SPEED!

LOL. Spaceball references are the best.

Liked the Quantum Leap references too.

HyenaThePirate:
-snip-

Nah I'm not telling you never to post! :-P

It's usually frowned apon when some one posts a message before watching a clip in it's entire time span. Most of the time it's some one who just wanted to be the first post (for whatever reason) on the thread.

That's all I was really trying to get at, sorry if it came out a bit harsh..

Happy posting!!

I guess "tee hee" summarize nicely? =3

Yeah... this one doesn't work for me. A bit too much talking over the dialogue again. That tends to kill it for me.

ludicrous speed!!! space balls reference ftw!!!!!

this week was great guys!!!

Unison: "Hi, Desmond" XD
Pricless.

Man, Assassin's Creed was fantastic! Ezio is my favourite so far... Did Nolan North do his voice as well? If so, he can act well. If not... Ugh. Desmond... for an entire game...

And his blonde girlfriend looks weird. Yahtzee was on to something about her looking like a fish! :P
Great work, lads!

This was ok.
Thanks for letting me know about that birth scene. Now I'll be prepared to turn off the TV when it comes up...

wow, spaceballs, quantum leap and hitchhikers quide references

pretty nerdy, guys...

but hilarious none the less

The lab escape was truly "wholly uninteresting." While I am indeed open to the possibility of the rest of the game being absolute brilliance, I literally put down the controller after the first 30 minutes. I swear, the opening of that game bores me to tears.

if anything, the Desmond story only serves to endear the player to Ezio's story...in addition to oh being born and seeing him grow up and yea ok

and then they just ditch Ezio at the end...

I'm surprised they didn't mention how the baby had an "armed" hand. It's a baby, it's not armed.

...And then the baby spouts wrist blades.

Y'know, virtually everyone I've seen who has enough of an opinion on the overarcing "Desmond" plot of the AC games to voice it seems to feel that they're weak sauce. And the writer responsible doesn't have so much a "defense" of the plot as a kind of pissy "It's what the whole game is wrapped around, if you don't like it, you don't like Assassin's Creed" thing. It's a little surreal. Even the advertising for both games thought so highly of the Desmond narrative device that they completely avoided mentioning it.

...Maybe it's time for Ubisoft to admit that people are drawn to AC to walk around in the shoes of an awesome assassin badass and not for unconvincing sub-par sci-fi exposition?

i think this one is a bit lame

I loved the comments on the "babyscene", kudos guys!

That cutscene actually looked good, until the baby flashback. Ugh >.<

(Probably because I haven't played either AC games)

Good as ever, shame that more time couldnt have been used to rip the piss out of the Brit who, despite being British myself, I really wanted to assassinate pretty much everytime he came on the screen.

And pong really wasn't a 2600 cartridge game, it was an inbuilt game in its own console. I think you were looking for Breakout (Forerunner of Arkanoid) as the paddle game.

Spaceballs ftw

it feels like there was so much more potential to these scenes though..

I wonder what would happen if they actually made these commentaries a bit longer...

they sorta seem to come out pretty naturally..

I'd watch longer versions..

not that I'm not grateful for the current format :)

That was the best Unskippable in a long time. Good to see that these guys are back on track.

Yea, Graham's british voice couldn't sound more australian if he tried :)

At least they didn't make the British guy the villain.

Callate:
...And then the baby spouts wrist blades.

Y'know, virtually everyone I've seen who has enough of an opinion on the overarcing "Desmond" plot of the AC games to voice it seems to feel that they're weak sauce. And the writer responsible doesn't have so much a "defense" of the plot as a kind of pissy "It's what the whole game is wrapped around, if you don't like it, you don't like Assassin's Creed" thing. It's a little surreal. Even the advertising for both games thought so highly of the Desmond narrative device that they completely avoided mentioning it.

...Maybe it's time for Ubisoft to admit that people are drawn to AC to walk around in the shoes of an awesome assassin badass and not for unconvincing sub-par sci-fi exposition?

That's pretty much what turned me off of AC. I just couldn't get myself into the game with the weird plot of it all. I wanted to immerse myself in the time period but I kept getting yanked out by the goofy sci-fi plot I didn't care about at all.

"if your ancester was pong, yes"
BRILLIANT!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook