Game Dogs: Episode Five: KCD

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Susan Arendt:
"Our insurance doesn't cover crazy." :D

Best line of the whole ep.

I've enjoyed the whole series but I agree with the rest, this is one was a lot better than the last few, very enjoyable :)

Where are the funny parts in this... show?

Also, notice the tags:

animation, comedy, furry, game dogs, humor, office, sitcom

..Yeah.

Right I'm saying it

"I officially misjudged the comedic worth of this series" this latest episode was really rather good.

And it ended strongly with the short little guy on the KCD

I speak to my computer so often... Come on download a bit faster. Please dont break down. I love you.
I think Im crazy...

RedMenace:
Thumbs up. Carry on guys. Its way, way, WAY better than Apocalypse Lane.

So is invasive bowel surgery without anaesthetic.

I laughed. Quite a few times.

It's lacking in Bob though. How would he treat 'the computer?'

DarkSaber:

RedMenace:

So is invasive bowel surgery without anesthetic.

Hmmm... that is true... However, unlike surgery, GD is not painful.

RedMenace:

DarkSaber:

RedMenace:

So is invasive bowel surgery without anesthetic.

Hmmm... that is true... However, unlike surgery, GD is not painful.

Matter of opinion, but I'll keep mine to myself.

I remember when my dad used to yell at the computer.
mostly 4 letter words, and im happy to say I have inherited that trait.
good episode.

AizenTheAzure:
How can anyone think this is funny at all?

I'm curious of this as well.

Much like the other episodes, this was terrible.

Women can't live with them, can't live without them. Until sex robots become affordable, am I right fellas?

Great episode! Keep it up.

"no one likes me..." awwww!

Good show man, I liked it :D

greatly improved. Sound quality on Voices was alot better. Starting to show a liking towards the series, keep it up.

It's better than the rest of the episodes this far..I'll keep watching to see where it goes

Awwwr...I like Gary...

Much better, nice to see some character development all around. KCD acting up was a good plot device for that. Bethany's "GRR" was probably the only horrible thing in the entire episode.

Da Joz:
Terrible as usual.

If you're going to say "This is the last episode I'm watching," Please follow through!

Last week, people like Da Joz said, "Good effort but I will no longer be watching." Nobody likes a hypocrite.

Stop watching, and you no longer have to complain. Out of sight, out of mind. Then People who actually like watching episodes can have meaningful discussions.

YES! After a pilot, and email response and 5 episodes it actually nailed a solid 3 minutes of funny! Thats what I've been waiting all these weeks for! Nice one.

AizenTheAzure:

I too question the escapist's standards at times.

Ah, my old nemesis Syntax Error. The bane of my existence back in the TI-99/4A & Commodore 64 days.

KCD- a giant step on the way to Skynet.

Imagine if the computer's data got copied in to the actul game and it blew up every kids gme console

Best episode yet! Nice to know there are others who coax and coddle their machines like a stubborn significant other to garner positive results. Makes me feel less crazy and more normal.

Hamster at Dawn:
I give up on this show. This episode was not bad but honestly I just don't really find it that funny, so I'm wasting my time watching it. Good to see at least some people are enjoying it, I guess.

Yep, at least some like it; even though it's not my kind of "funny".
I feared they were going for the misogynistic + immature-teen-like-now-nothing characters package.
The characters are something like this(in my opinion):
1: "Hey, dude! I have this fantastic idea about a [insert loads of "cool" adjectives] game!"
2: "Duuuuuudeee! That's fantastic but if it would have [insert other loads of "cool" adjectives] then it would be the greatest thing ever!"
1: "Hey, know what? What if there were someone how could make this a [insert loads of adjectives] game?"
2: "Dude, that was what I was thinking, too! Hey, we could make this [insert loads of adjectives] game!"
1: "You're right! It'll be the most [insert loads of adjectives] game ever!"
2: "Al right! Awseome!"
Et cetera.

Not than it isn't funny(to some), but I'm fed up with this kind of "comedy" because it happens every day at my school. Maybe I'm a lucky person how has a full life of comedy and adventure but the "I treat women like crap, because they're so dumb" gig is a constant joke at school + "I talk to my computer/inanimate objects" was so fifth grade.

The thing is that the show isn't bad, but it's going in a direction I don't like(fortunately there are others how disagree), a direction that personally bores me. So keep it up Russ & CO., because whatever you're doing is attracting more viewers!(no sarcasm intended)
I think the show is improving, which is great! :D But on the down side, I think I can find better ways to entertain myself.

Skizzo321:
snip!

Da Joz:
Terrible as usual.

If you're going to say "This is the last episode I'm watching," Please follow through!

Last week, people like Da Joz said, "Good effort but I will no longer be watching." Nobody likes a hypocrite.

Stop watching, and you no longer have to complain. Out of sight, out of mind. Then People who actually like watchingly episodes can have meaningful discussions.

To be fair, we all do strange things when desperately bored. *shrugs* Granted, one isn't /forced/ to comment when they willing subject themselves to something they don't like. . .

**Edited for spelling errors and to truncate the quote. Stupid lack of caffeine.

AizenTheAzure:

Probably because our sense of humor doesn't revolve around the same notion that inspired this posters wonderful SN. That being said, I really like this series. It isn't meant to be a non-stop joke churner like ZP, the humor is more toned down and spread throughout the episode. Its just not a "kid" show, basically. You walk away with a smile and a chuckle, and that's what you should be aiming for really.

Every time I heard "KCD" I kept thinking "any relation to XKCD?"
What is KCD supposed to stand for anyways?

Eh, I didn't like this episode as much as the last one, but it was okay. Perhaps we will have a slow trend of improvement. Still not a complete waste of my time, I get a little funny out of it.

I also noted the furry tag. I guess it's a joke, since everyone and their mom is calling it that anyways.

Well, okay this one is a little better. But again you missed a few easy jokes. Like at the end. You could of had gary sobbing and the KCD make a cooing sound as if it was trying to comfort him.

Anyway, a little elbow grease and I'll be coming back for more. No laugh out loud funny yet, but could be getting close

*Sigh*

Loathe as I am to keep saying this, it's just not particularly funny. Yes, some of the material made me smile a little and it's got potential, but, really, it just dosen't make you laugh. Brevity is the source of wit, after all, but most of the jokes are pretty ponderous and really not that good. Sorry, I wish it was another way - I can tell a lot of work is going into this - but it really needs a radical rethink in the scripting. Panache and style need to replace the rather....well, inelegant humour being employed here.

Shut up, woman!

Better, but still sub-par. However, you've earnt another week of "give a damn" from me, and you'll get two weeks with another equally-average episode

Calatar:

I also noted the furry tag. I guess it's a joke...

We have a winner! And what does the winner get? The most metal thing ever....NOTHING!!

;)

good episode

"No one likes me"-Gary

awww poor gary I like you

wow that KCD is a real bitch. Roger must like women who dominate him in a relationship.

Bethany's "GRRRR" wasn't so good

Chet sound really creepy when he was talking dirty to KCD

LOL at bethany's joke about roger "its slow,dumb and only works when its broken"

"Its irrational like women"-Chet
"I'm standing right over here"-Bethany

wow this episode is quite sexist but still very funny.

what's with the "furry" tag these dogs are Antros and those who watch and life the show could be consider a furry on a certain level.

Pretty good, I must say. Glad I've stuck around for it to get some steam.

This was just awful. Not funny at all. The big joke was basically just stereotype your females as either: a dog that puts up with the whining and insulting language used by her peers or a temperamental computer that you've designated "female" as irrational and difficult. I suppose any other females you introduce will be either "slutty" or a "bimbo", right? That way you can cover all your bases?

Classy.

The main characters are lazy, not funny and completely unlikable.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here