Game Dogs: Episode Five: KCD

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Hehehehehe.
No one likes you.

Benjeezy:

Hamster at Dawn:
I give up on this show. This episode was not bad but honestly I just don't really find it that funny, so I'm wasting my time watching it. Good to see at least some people are enjoying it, I guess.

You are made of stronger stuff than I. I only made it through 3 eps.

Then what the hell are you doing here?

Gamedogs has the kind of weird, corporate, glossy sterility that always happens when you pump money into Flash and pray that viral hilarity will ensue. It's like some recurring interstitial G4 skit.
(worse: it's not very funny :( )

I just think you guys have missed the mark on this one...

Gone from just unfunny to retarded. Talking dogs aren't enough I guess so now talking computers as well. This show is just a pile of gimmicks that hasn't paid off despite it's insistence to have a continuity, which I think is really hurting it btw, considering how slow and boring the overall story is.

I don't know why everyone's saying this episode "wasn't bad." It's just as lame-cliché as the others. I think I speak for everyone here (everyone normal, anyway) when I say I will only be truly happy when I see this:

Bethany's rant would have been funnier if Chet hadn't immediately pointed out that she'd just made the point. Pointing it out ruined the humour. Eh, sometimes this series makes me smile a bit, but I always feel like I could have gotten more from the five minutes.

Not a fan of the voice acting, decent writing I guess.

Unfortunately, this isn't my kind of funny. The gender jibes are too sitcom for me, and we're not even talking funny sitcoms - we're talking Ray Romano levels of meh here.

It should have ended with Gary fixing the problem only to have Bob unplugging the computer while getting his lunch.
but that's just my opinion

Well, this is a first. I actually laughed and have gained a new insult to throw at people randomly.

"Your code is inelegant!"

Small victories and incremental improvements, I guess.

Sorry to say, but they should just concentrate on Doraleous and Associates + Apocalypse Lane.

Game Dogs isn't funny at all, and it is a struggle to watch. I've given it a chance and it hasn't improved at all. It's nerd humour at its worst.

That was a really funny episode

I do not understand why some people here just do not get it. Sometimes it just feels like maybe a lot of the humour is going over people`s heads...or maybe I just laugh at anything

It was nice to see Gary`s character evolve into something a little more humble. I would love to see further character developement with everyone else.

The series was definitely far more funny once I realised it was supposed to be set in the 80s. It's improving, now we can kind of see what format the series is going to take. The comedy still seems a little dry, and I still don't quite connect with the characters, but I expect that will all improve given some more time.

It would help a great deal in my opinion if the animation were a bit smoother. The characters still feel like cardboard puppets on sticks; when they face a different direction, they don't so much rotate as flip. Some facial expressions would help as well.

It's coming along nicely. I'm confident that the comedy will become funnier once the MO finds its feet better and the characters develope, and I'm confident the characters will become more interesting and likable once they have time to add more personality traits.

bluepilot:

I do not understand why some people here just do not get it. Sometimes it just feels like maybe a lot of the humour is going over people`s heads...or maybe I just laugh at anything

It was nice to see Gary`s character evolve into something a little more humble. I would love to see further character developement with everyone else.

What I don't understand is where are all the jokes? I mean, there are jokes, but they are either so over-used or tired I didn't laugh, or they are just weak and I didn't laugh anyway.

For instance, the only line close to being funny "Nobody likes me" is pretty... gah, how do you say it? Cliche? I've heard it so many times, it's hard to pin-point the character who used it before. Mr.Burns? Zack Brannigan, with his "I'm just so lonely!!" cry of sorrow? And it was a lot funnier, too.

Abedeus:

bluepilot:

What I don't understand is where are all the jokes? I mean, there are jokes, but they are either so over-used or tired I didn't laugh, or they are just weak and I didn't laugh anyway.

For instance, the only line close to being funny "Nobody likes me" is pretty... gah, how do you say it? Cliche? I've heard it so many times, it's hard to pin-point the character who used it before. Mr.Burns? Zack Brannigan, with his "I'm just so lonely!!" cry of sorrow? And it was a lot funnier, too.

Yeah, I think that the jokes might come off that way for some people.

But for me, the show is very reminiscent of 80s sitcoms and has this kind of tangible charm which is hard to pinpoint. I think that many young people today (including myself, I`m not pretending to be even more mature just because I was born in the 80s) prefer the kind of humour that came with south park and the internet...shocking, challenging, insulting, boundry pushing e.t.c. Don`t get me wrong, I enjoy that kind of humour as well, but I also enjoy the softer tone of the sitcom and the kind of humour that is found in game dogs. For me, it has this indefinable quality, and a suitle undertone. Maybe I am looking too deep into the whole thing, but I still enjoy it anyway.

I loved that cry of sorrow. What I just loved about it (and what I think set it differently from the others that you mentioned) was a) the fact that he was trying to reason with a computer b) the `please` before hand, that small simple word of despiration c) it just added this whole new dimention to Gary as a character and made him more relatable and likable. Gary is the most complex character I think.

I like the people who visit this thread just to bitch about how bad Game Dogs is...

"Golly is this bad! I had to give up on episode 3 because it was so shitty!"
"What you survived three whole episodes?! I couldn't even stand through the second one."
"Pah! You people are stupid. I already knew this will suck when I saw the first screens of it!"

Still no, couldent watch the episode,these STUPID dog puns are annoying me.. and the fact that the girl acctually said "Grrr" instead of growling really annoyed me and drew alot of atension to the fact the voice acting in this thing is terrible,im sorry,but im done.

dragonburner:

Benjeezy:

AizenTheAzure:
How can anyone think this is funny at all?

Just different senses of whats funny, I guess. :P I don't like it either.

Make That 3

no make it 4

Best one by far. I'm now interested in this series. Good job E-team.

I'm trying to like it, I really am, but every episode presents me with new reasons to not like it... As well as bringing up OLD reasons to hate it...(I'm looking at you live audience 'gag'...)

Except for the Mr. Yee Episode which was marginally good only because of the oblivious nature of that character...

I don't know how many more times I could give this a chance...

Well, it was an improvement on the last, although that's not saying much.

Still, if it keep getting better, I'll keep watching.

bluepilot:

Abedeus:

bluepilot:

Yeah, I think that the jokes might come off that way for some people.

But for me, the show is very reminiscent of 80s sitcoms and has this kind of tangible charm which is hard to pinpoint. I think that many young people today (including myself, I`m not pretending to be even more mature just because I was born in the 80s) prefer the kind of humour that came with south park and the internet...shocking, challenging, insulting, boundry pushing e.t.c. Don`t get me wrong, I enjoy that kind of humour as well, but I also enjoy the softer tone of the sitcom and the kind of humour that is found in game dogs. For me, it has this indefinable quality, and a suitle undertone. Maybe I am looking too deep into the whole thing, but I still enjoy it anyway.

Yes, you are looking way too much into a crappy show. I like the humor in Futurama, for instance. Intelligent, witty and sarcastic.

I loved that cry of sorrow. What I just loved about it (and what I think set it differently from the others that you mentioned) was a) the fact that he was trying to reason with a computer b) the `please` before hand, that small simple word of despiration c) it just added this whole new dimention to Gary as a character and made him more relatable and likable. Gary is the most complex character I think.

No.... it didn't add anything. It's another shouting, full of complexes small person with an angry attitude. Oh geez, have we not seen it in AGES!!

ok I will have to admit that was pretty funny :) Good writing, good acting, and boy doesn't it seem familiar. Not sure what to make of the girls "grrr" should be a bit more dog like? dunno. anyway great job ^^

Dusty Pancakes:
Hehehehehe.
No one likes you.

Benjeezy:

Hamster at Dawn:
I give up on this show. This episode was not bad but honestly I just don't really find it that funny, so I'm wasting my time watching it. Good to see at least some people are enjoying it, I guess.

Expressing my opinion :|

So far all I've experianced is a teriffic "meh". It cracks a smile now and again, and other times sucks seriously hard.
I'll carry on watching for now, but I hope it picks up.

It's funny in a "sad but true" aspect. I find myself talking to whatever program I'm using at the moment any time I'm trying to do anything harder than the "Hello World!" program, and all my friends and instructors do the exact same thing.

This made me lol

Hey there Game Dogs creators!

So far, this is the best episode of the bunch. I liked the series from the start, even if the first episodes needed some work. But in this one I found myself laughing quite a lot of times, it had more comedy than usual and the writing was top notch so far. I am enjoying this series a lot, keep up the good work guys.

It's an improvement, I'll watch another episode.

Benjeezy:

Dusty Pancakes:
Hehehehehe.
No one likes you.

Benjeezy:

Hamster at Dawn:

Expressing my opinion :|

Of course. *bows under conveniently placed curtain and disappears*

Abedeus:
Epic Snip of everything.

Was there any real reason to go and pick apart everything he just said? You hate Game Dogs so much, that not only are you hanging around in the threads, probably watch it just so you can say how terrible it is, that you would go to these lengths just to tell someone that they are wrong and that they are stupid for thinking that way.

Dusty Pancakes:

Abedeus:
Epic Snip of everything.

Was there any real reason to go and pick apart everything he just said? You hate Game Dogs so much, that not only are you hanging around in the threads, probably watch it just so you can say how terrible it is, that you would go to these lengths just to tell someone that they are wrong and that they are stupid for thinking that way.

I don't hate something I find boring. I hate things worthy of hatred. Like Parris Hilton, or boybands. I watch the show, because I dislike people who say "I hate/don't like this!!" even though they haven't watched/played it for an hour or so.

I endured Apocalypse Lane for 12 or so episodes, went on holidays and didn't care about watching it after I came back because it wasn't that interesting. I only watched this show because I had nothing to do.

Also, for someone so zealously defending someone's opinion, you are obviously not letting me voice my opinion. You go so far with it, you push your words into my mouth, as I never called him/them wrong or stupid.

Pretty stupid.
I loled at the pronunciation of "ay ess see two" instead of ASCII

By any chance is this supposed to be a reference to XKCD? KCD64X seems pretty suspicious...

People are reacting to this the EXACT same way they reacted to Apocalypse Lane.

OK.

THERE.

THANK YOU.

THIS IS HOW YOU DO SOMETHING FUNNY.

CONTINUE NOW.

EDIT: I'm serious, you're actually making headway.

Also, @ Apocalypse Lane reference: The difference here is that Apocalypse lane started low and grew, whereas this one started reasonable, dipped, and came up. I also have never found myself flat-out detesting the characters on AL, whereas here I hated all of them for about 3 episodes. Now I only hate one, and he's not there very much.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here