Game Dogs: Episode Five: KCD

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

My struggle wasn't in vain you guys had me crack up with that whole computer thing, I knew ya had it in ya keep up the good work.

im a huge fan of most videos on the escapist.... ZP, LRR, APOC. LANE...etc... but i must say... this series dissapoints me... pretty much bores me... plz dont take it negatively.. i watch almost everything else religiously... Game dogs... my ONLY thumbs down on the escapist..

"Nobody Likes Me"...that was the best part!

I liked this episode! :D

Sti Nky Che Ese:
im a huge fan of most videos on the escapist.... ZP, LRR, APOC. LANE...etc...

No "Doraleous and Associates"?

Calatar:
Every time I heard "KCD" I kept thinking "any relation to XKCD?"
What is KCD supposed to stand for anyways?

I can't believe it took until page two for someone to mention xkcd.

Abedeus:

Dusty Pancakes:

Abedeus:
Epic Snip of everything.

Was there any real reason to go and pick apart everything he just said? You hate Game Dogs so much, that not only are you hanging around in the threads, probably watch it just so you can say how terrible it is, that you would go to these lengths just to tell someone that they are wrong and that they are stupid for thinking that way.

I don't hate something I find boring. I hate things worthy of hatred. Like Parris Hilton, or boybands. I watch the show, because I dislike people who say "I hate/don't like this!!" even though they haven't watched/played it for an hour or so.

I endured Apocalypse Lane for 12 or so episodes, went on holidays and didn't care about watching it after I came back because it wasn't that interesting. I only watched this show because I had nothing to do.

Also, for someone so zealously defending someone's opinion, you are obviously not letting me voice my opinion. You go so far with it, you push your words into my mouth, as I never called him/them wrong or stupid.

The sarcastic comment after your first comment is meant to be derogatory, as he mentioned that

Maybe I am looking too deep into the whole thing, but I still enjoy it anyway.

You sarcastically agree with him. That's what I interpret as labelling someone stupid, even indirectly by insulting their actions.

No.... it didn't add anything. It's another shouting, full of complexes small person with an angry attitude. Oh geez, have we not seen it in AGES!!

There, that's calling him wrong and indirectly stupid again. I didn't put words in your mouth, you just failed to think through what you were saying.
Also, it's Paris, and boybands are for girls. And unless you're lying on your profile about your gender, you will probably not like boybands.
Also, for Apocalypse Lane, 12 episodes is not enough time to let a story develop.

Dusty Pancakes:

Abedeus:

Dusty Pancakes:

Abedeus:
Epic Snip of everything.

Was there any real reason to go and pick apart everything he just said? You hate Game Dogs so much, that not only are you hanging around in the threads, probably watch it just so you can say how terrible it is, that you would go to these lengths just to tell someone that they are wrong and that they are stupid for thinking that way.

I don't hate something I find boring. I hate things worthy of hatred. Like Parris Hilton, or boybands. I watch the show, because I dislike people who say "I hate/don't like this!!" even though they haven't watched/played it for an hour or so.

I endured Apocalypse Lane for 12 or so episodes, went on holidays and didn't care about watching it after I came back because it wasn't that interesting. I only watched this show because I had nothing to do.

Also, for someone so zealously defending someone's opinion, you are obviously not letting me voice my opinion. You go so far with it, you push your words into my mouth, as I never called him/them wrong or stupid.

The sarcastic comment after your first comment is meant to be derogatory, as he mentioned that

Maybe I am looking too deep into the whole thing, but I still enjoy it anyway.

You sarcastically agree with him. That's what I interpret as labelling someone stupid, even indirectly by insulting their actions.

That's what I call over-interpretation. Also, check your sarcasm detectors.

No.... it didn't add anything. It's another shouting, full of complexes small person with an angry attitude. Oh geez, have we not seen it in AGES!!

There, that's calling him wrong and indirectly stupid again. I didn't put words in your mouth, you just failed to think through what you were saying.

"Again", don't remember saying that adjective in the first place. And again, you are reading too deeply into it. It's just that Gary is a lame copycat/rip-off of Cartman or any other fictional small character who hides self-loathing under shouting and insults.

Also, it's Paris, and boybands are for girls. And unless you're lying on your profile about your gender, you will probably not like boybands.

Right now you are insulting me, calling me either a homosexual or a transvestite. And suggesting a lie.

Also, for Apocalypse Lane, 12 episodes is not enough time to let a story develop.

In a comedy show, I expect comedy. Fart jokes from episode... 4 or 5 cut down my hopes for the series in half. A whole episode about farting and fart jokes. There was no story development.

This series is awful. AWFUL!

Fix the "Are you insane" bit already. Why haven't you fixed it?

Wait till they have to deal with a printer...

CHANGE THE FUCKING INTRO!

But besides that it appears you've accumulated anough of a fan base to keep yourself afloat. Gratz.

That one gave me a real laugh lol

Ohhhh that was awesome, loving this series a lot. I hope KCD will appear more in later episodes, a temperamental prop is always fun.

composeralex:

Sti Nky Che Ese:
im a huge fan of most videos on the escapist.... ZP, LRR, APOC. LANE...etc...

No "Doraleous and Associates"?

good... i like it... especially sir walkin

That was the best episode yet, but that's not saying much given its track record.

But the 'furry' tag. Oh, the furry tag.

Doraleous and associates deserves the kind of production values this show has.

I quite liked it. Why is it though that the Escapist tends to always have one D&D-like animation segment?

Before Doraleous and Associates you had Unforgotten Realms.

But back on topic, I quite like Game Dogs ... Bethany doesn't get enough screen time .... grrrr. That being said I think Beth would have been a better choice for lead. But overall I still watch Game dogs every week ... and it's free, so if I manage to eek enjoyment out of it (and I do) then I should only give it thumbs up.

Thanks for making the week a little better.

Right now you are insulting me, calling me either a homosexual or a transvestite. And suggesting a lie.

Check your sarcasm detectors, and stop putting words in my mouth. I said;

Unless you're lying on your profile on your gender.

I wasn't being sarcastic, you were just interpreting it that way. I never said you were homosexual or a transvestite. For someone so zealously defending their opinion, you go so far as to push your words into my mouth, as I never called you "homosexual" or a "transvestite".

There was no story development

You are correct. That period of time is character development.

"Again", don't remember saying that adjective in the first place. And again, you are reading too deeply into it. It's just that Gary is a lame copycat/rip-off of Cartman or any other fictional small character who hides self-loathing under shouting and insults.

You never used the adjective "Stupid", it's just that the person you posted against originally would have been put down by your comments. In this case, it wasn't calling him weak, or ugly, or a sad depressive, so what's it gonna be?

PaulH:
I quite liked it. Why is it though that the Escapist tends to always have one D&D-like animation segment?

But back on topic, I quite like Game Dogs ... Bethany doesn't get enough screen time .... grrrr. That being said I think Beth would have been a better choice for lead. But overall I still watch Game dogs every week ... and it's free, so if I manage to eek enjoyment out of it (and I do) then I should only give it thumbs up.

Bethany is by far the worst character in this series. She is nothing more than a cliche for the stereotypical "gamer girl."

kcd is hot.

:/ wheres the 12 guage

I enjoy these a lot, thanks for making it!

Though maybe Gary could quote other lines at the beginning or have a different caption. aside from those I love it.

Am I the only one who felt kind of sad after Gary said "Nobody likes me". Anyway the show is improving ever so slighty each week.

Yes it is picking up, yay

Dumbest thing i have ever watched.

JimmerDunda:

PaulH:

Bethany is by far the worst character in this series. She is nothing more than a cliche for the stereotypical "gamer girl."

Well ... I have three problems with your statement;

A: so far she's had half a page of dialogue over the entirety of the series ... so I don't know how you're concluding that before having more evidence.

B: She works in a software company. So would it really surprise you that she would play games, and would have a lot of things in common with gaming culture?

C: In the episode D&D kills she assumed playing p&p rpgs would cause you to commit suicide. What 'stereotypical' gamer would think that?

I will add that what's wrong with (certain) stereotypes? All of us fit into a template or two in which we could not only describe a large part of ourselves, but also a large portion of people in the world. In this age of mass information exchange, and everybody is bombarded with a million differing concepts and neo-tribal digital societies we're likely to end up adopting distinctive sub-cultural templates that are applicable to large groups of people.

And these stereotypes don't have to be bad in any sort of way....

I'm studying my Dip Ed. atm. So I'll end up a teacher, but at the moment I only work 20-30 hours a week. I hang out with other students ... spend huge amounts at the Uni rec center ... I drink at the boozer on campus....

I'm probably like 20-30% of other students at my Uni .. and my lifestyle reflects that of most other students in Sydney.

Looking at me, I am the example of your average student.

After all ... everybody wants to belong .... and as such will adopt attitudes, lifestyles and mannerisms to reflect a subscription to a specific social group/social archetype.

Besides ...I like Beth ... especially when she was trying to deliberate on how to draw Satan ... and it was pretty thought provoking that she didn't really have a clue how to approach the subject matter.

I liked this episode, their getting better at least

Ah fuck it. I can still think of enough points of improvement for Game Dogs, but you know what, it's just fun to watch. These videos really aren't perfect, and the Escapist has done better, but I keep watching it anyway. Because it, well, entertains me. And I even liked Gary this time.

Congratulations, Russ & co, you won me over, and from what I can tell, a lot of others too. I hope it was worth the huge pile of flameposts in the last few weeks. ;)

Jezixo:
This series is awful. AWFUL!

Fix the "Are you insane" bit already. Why haven't you fixed it?

Yes.

I like sexism though... wishing no offence, can you get the lass to voice act a bit better? Especially the "grr" bits.

If I ever talk to my computer it usually consists of yelling when it doesn't do what I want it to do.

not great stuff yet but getting better

Da Joz:
Terrible as usual.

I agree, I have seen all of them now and I have barely uttered as much as a chuckle when I watch. Not good at all.

What the hell is this unfunny furry crap.

*rolls on the floor laughing* sorry but once again that was hilarious...

I thought i was crazy for talking to computers, but i swear that really opened my eyes...

COMPUTERS ARE EVIL!

DEATHROAD:

dragonburner:

Benjeezy:

AizenTheAzure:
How can anyone think this is funny at all?

Just different senses of whats funny, I guess. :P I don't like it either.

Make That 3

no make it 4

5. I can't say I didn't try but this one is really, really, really unfunny. I guess I'm just disappointed that there is something on the Escapist that I can't watch when everything else is so lovely. Can't catch em all I suppose.

Not even in Pokemon.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or