Review: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Review: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

It's not the best brawler available for the Wii, but it's easily the weirdest.

Read Full Article

such interesting "must be tried" games are to rare and far between for me to wholeheartedly regret selling my Wii, but when they come out i do regret it, if only for a short period.

I'd get it, but I didn't like the first one much. This sounds much better, with no stupid open world, and better side jobs. But I'm concerned about being left in the dark in regards to plot.

Sounds interesting...and eerily like the first game. Other than the fact that the mingames are 8-bit, how is this different?

I love this game, a very worthy sequel. I replayed it a few times, and left with about 20 hours total playtime, which I will more than likely be coming back to to unlock stuff. I have about 33 hours on the first No More Heroes.

Did you know if you exercise your cat until she gets to around 14lbs you get an extra wrestling move? At first I was like wtf but then I remembered I was in No More Heroes world.

If I was writing a review I would change it to "buy it". Its nice that developers are making decent Wii games period, considering the reputation it seems to have, and I absolutely love games that go out of their way to have a unique style. It may not be worth a purchase if you judge it "content vs value" or whatever, but I bought it just so I can show my support.

wen the feck is it coming out in the uk?

that game looks frighteningly ridiculous, but I do need more wii games... at least until the twilight princess sequel.

This is the only reason I haven't hawked my wii yet.

I'm severely disappointed by the addition of a meaningless and utterly arbitrary "score" to the review...

I will agree with the control scheme of Shinobu, however the expansion of getting to play as other characters as well as generic combat was still fun. I don't think the generic idea of mashing A repeatedly that he mentions doesn't give the game any credit. Granted, this is an unbiased review, I can respect that but simply saying that the gameplay is just "tilting the Wiimote and pressing A" is somewhta lazy and can be slightly expanded.

I wouldn't give the game 3/5. It was fun and quick, and yes it might be better to rent, but the game never stops being fun. Dull and flat characters yes, but to me, a 4/5 would better grasp the rating of the game.

The first game was fun, but...it, really wasnt something I was into

I would give it a 5/5...but alas, I truly am a fanboy for Suda 51. The game looks better, the game has more content, Naomi's boobs got bigger, what more could you want?

i already know that i am going to love this game. i love suda and this has taken out the only thing that i didnt like about the last game. open world how i loathe you.

SUPA FRANKY:
I would give it a 5/5...but alas, I truly am a fanboy for Suda 51. The game looks better, the game has more content, Naomi's boobs got bigger, what more could you want?

The gameplay improved a lot from the first one. Add that.

Onyx Oblivion:
I'd get it, but I didn't like the first one much. This sounds much better, with no stupid open world, and better side jobs. But I'm concerned about being left in the dark in regards to plot.

The game breaks the fourth wall and specifically addresses your concern in one of its first cutscenes. You should definitely check it out. It's a great game.

If I owned a Wii, I'd play it. Looks like some crazy stuff.

Would be better if it had walruses attacking an octopus called Smarmy with laser boobs

I was waiting for yahtsee but okay ITS AWSOME I HAVE IT WOOO!
Good review

persona J:

April, and it's going to be uncensored.

Holy crap, No More Heroes 2 is out? I can't believe that snuck under my radar.

While I did find the Shinobu sections a bit irritating, they certainly weren't bad enough to lower my recommendations.

Also if you have an issue with the motion controls, the game is compatible with the Classic Controller. Might want to mention that.

ace_of_something:
This is the only reason I haven't hawked my wii yet.

Exactly this. If it wasn't for the fact that this is coming out, I would've got rid of the Wii ages ago. I already traded in all my games except for the first No More Heroes.

All I can really say is... bring it on. I wonder whether we'll get a similar split in versions this time - we didn't have the gore in the first one, that was specifically added to the American version whereas we just got a translation of the Japanese version. As for now, we don't even have a release date, so yeah.

that is the greatest thing I"ve ever heard. Kill countless people in gruesome ways at night and during the day, but in the morning, he plays with his very cute cat.

Freakin' kickass. I will get this game as soon as I have a wii.

OH MY GOD! I am missing out on this. I loved the last part with the giant robots cuz it reminded me of the anime Gun * Sword.

I do hope the author of this article realizes that they used the phrase "scatological save system", and how much cooler their life is now.

persona J:

It's coming out in Europe at the end of April

*Subpar motion controls*

What exactly is subpar about them?The first one used motion controls sparingly and they worked fine and this sounds identical.Too many Wii games try to shoehorn in unnecessary motion controls and suffer because of it

"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Seriously, i think that line just sealed the deal for me getting this game.

Strawberry short cake? When did she get involved with bloody assassinations?

MOTHERFUCKER, IT'S OUT!?

I'm getting my ass to the friggin' mall.

MurderousToaster:
If I owned a Wii, I'd play it. Looks like some crazy stuff.

Would be better if it had walruses attacking an octopus called Smarmy with laser boobs

Too be quite honest, it might.

It really might. I'm going to find out in a few moments when my ride gets here.

Have you ever played the first one? I don't care, with the injury he got at the last part of the first game the best he can hope for is a shallow grave.

I played the game at a friends house. The only thing I didn't like was the final boss and the ending.

I liked the game except for the levels where you played characters who are not Travis. Specifically adding jumping to a game with lack-luster camera controls.

And the fact that Shinobu's combos leave her wide open to counter-attacks? I couldn't figure out if that was poor design, or an intentional comment that maybe Shinobu is over-confident and not as good as she thinks she is.

it's hard to tell with Suda51. Is it bad on purpose?

Sir Kemper:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Seriously, i think that line just sealed the deal for me getting this game.

Yeah all his super-moves are named after desserts. It's kind of hilarious to beat a guy, hit the jackpot, and have him yelling BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE and go all murder-town on the bad guys.

it's out already? I am just getting the first of all these new titles(Mass Effect2, Bioshock2, and NMH2) and they are already out with a new one? that is a little ridicules. but nice video and review as always, nice work.

I got it when it came out and it was challenging(especially the final boss), and there were some parts that were tough for the wrong reasons like trying to get Shinobu out of the safe, but as a whole I enjoyed it.

Also helping the cat lose weight gives the one of the best attack moves in the game. A few of the boss battles would have taken a hell of a lot longer if I didn't have it.

If you've played the first one you'll get a lot more out of this one, but even if you havn't it is worth playing.

I got the first one after Yahtzee's review and didn't like it. Luckily I got it cheap, but it really wasn't that good - 'different' or no.

Caliostro:
I'm severely disappointed by the addition of a meaningless and utterly arbitrary "score" to the review...

Waaahhh.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or