Unskippable: Bullet Witch

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

That last line actually could have been sort of badass. If it was just a brisk, "Witches don't need prayers," before she killed them all, maybe it would have made the cutscene less terrible. But the pointless emphasis on the word "prayers"... blah. Throwing ellipses into sentences does not automatically make them cooler.

This game actually looked like it might be kind of fun in a campy sort of way. But I'll take the advice in the credits.

I was honestly intrigued by the concept of intelligent zombie baddies, but thanks for the warning. That game looks amazingly terrible.

That video made that game look unplayable, even without the comments. That was interesting to see Library Tower go up in flames. So "The Big One" finally hit in 2007. After 25 years of "It's coming soon! It's coming soon!" we can finally stop whining about it.

Alright, I'm going to be honest here.

I have this game, I like this game, I have a gamerscore of 999/1000 for this game.
And actually, I'm very happy you picked it for this week's Unskippable, that was hilarious.
Now all I need to fill up my "Obscure games I played that still got featured in Unskippable" bingo card is Ninja Blade.

...please, Ninja Blade?
It's very ridiculous.

i didnt like it until the douchebag zombies appeared. they were great.

yaaaayy! you sang the badger song!
the best one yet fellas

Regards 2:12 - I don't know if the Escapist guys are aware, but I think it's no longer illegal to use a real news network's name in a videogame or movie anymore. At least, it isn't in America if I'm correct? Things may be different in Canada?

I could be talking nonsense again.

Ah... This one was pretty funny haha :)

Wow, I know this doesn't need to be said, but it's bad enough that it bears repeating...

That's the most awful fucking cutscene I've ever seen. I challenge you to find one worse... and then riff on it.

Agh, bubblegum disasters, my worst nightmare! Well, this cutscene is also pretty bad.

Badger reference was kick ass.

Rrrrggh! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head forever >.<

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger, mushroom mushroom....snake snake, oooh it's a snake....

I'll bet you Chuck Norris could pull off a man-scarf.

likalaruku:
Rrrrggh! Now I'm going to have that song stuck in my head forever >.<

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger, mushroom mushroom....snake snake, oooh it's a snake....

I'll bet you Chuck Norris could pull off a man-scarf.

chuck norris has a whole wall of man scarves. :P

I liked the point about the spikes on the side, Why do you need them? Surely no one is going to jump in sideways, its a pit and gravity only works one way.

footy footy footy footy footy fotty England! Englad!. Its the alrernate version! :o

Axeli:
What, no Russell jokes?

That's what I was going to post.

Although it was a good episode.Even without the Russell jokes.

Sometimes I watch and see an introduction that makes me WANT to play the game, and the commentary seems out of place. This is not one of those cases. This was a HORRIBLE video, in NEED of snide remarks. Though the commentary were not always relevant, they were, most certainly, helpful in my cathartic hatred of this game.

Particularly, "Bullet Witch, a title incredibly evocative of the scene we just watched."

Thanks guys.

And to think I was thinking of buying that game a while back. Made me appreciate your final comment even more.

Funny episode :)

Terramax:
Regards 2:12 - I don't know if the Escapist guys are aware, but I think it's no longer illegal to use a real news network's name in a videogame or movie anymore. At least, it isn't in America if I'm correct? Things may be different in Canada?

I could be talking nonsense again.

May or may not be, but that doesn't really affect things. They were trying for a fake network and didn't think to check outside their immediate viewing area to see if the abbreviation was in use by, say, a national network in a nearby English-speaking nation. Same kind of reaction as if they'd called it the Breaking Broadcast Channel, but with a bit of extra bile.

hamster mk 4:
Great episode, but if you wanted to nitpick "Homicidal Virus" a Virus that kills other viruses would be more appropriate. Homocide means to kill a member of your own species.

Hunh? "Homicidal virus" would be a virus that kills people. I have no idea what "homocide" is, but "homicide" means "the act of killing a human being"--the "homi-" is from the Latin "homo," which means "human being."

that cut scene is more confuseing than popie's twitter. what can i say he types how he talks.

I <3 you guys! keep up the brillance!

That looks like a really bad game.

Ok, and maybe this is just me, but why does she make her "dramatic" entrance after the zombies gun down a bunch of people? Nice hero-ing there.

Fun commentary, though.

I usually steer away from games that feature(or at least attempt to feature) an attractive female character on the cover and ads for game. I find if a developer doesn't have a game with a great story or good game play (e.i. it sucks basically) they will try to sell it through good old T & A. Not ALL games that have T & A on the cover are bad, but a high percentage of them are.

If I see them in a store, I'll stop and admire the cover, but I'll never buy it. Bullet Witch was one of those games.

So, in essence, this is a game that is a mix of several games and movies and it sucks.

Gotcha.

Was it just me who related this ep's ending to an ending in one of the Family Guy episodes? :p

That was a great episode. When Paul said "Ok, you don't get to talk anymore."
I freakin' lost it man.

"Someone set us up the bomb"

pretty much sums this up

dude why was there not a single mention of our good buddy Russel?

The first time I've seen them give an actual warning not to play a game.

And really. It looks awful.

Heeee Bullet Witch! God I hate this game, brilliant video!!

Tolerant Fanboy:

Whispering Death:
Crows everywhere and no Russel?

dubious_wolf:

Axeli:
What, no Russell jokes?

I was totally expecting a Russell lineage run down... I mean crap that was like a family reunion for crying out loud!

To be fair, they were ravens. (Though the CG was so bad I was getting flashbacks to Transformers: Beast Wars...)

Point good sir, point.

That was one of the most terribad intro cutscenes I have ever seen in a game...

I have to say these are getting pretty bad

GrahamS:
This is not a joke: Do not play this game

You won't make it past the third stage anyway.

The Austin:
HA! I love these guys.

"I don't think viruses really have intent."

I picked up on the homicidal retardation instantly.
Though when I got to the footnote of the video, I have to say I was instantly inclined to disagree with unskippable's assertion:
"This is not a joke: Do not play this game. The scene makes it look even slightly playable; it is not.

Yeah, I never got that vibe.
It looked like a steaming pile of suck to me.

How can this be worse version of Bayonetta? it was released first.Bubblegum disaster? wouldn't that be more like a bubblegum crisis? And I did play this game all the way through I didn't actually think it was that bad.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here