Unskippable: Bullet Witch

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

AvsJoe:
Screw CTV. CBC kicks all kinds of ass!

... well at least it did before they sold the rights to Canada's unofficial theme song for some much needed scratch ...

yeah the only good thing on CTV was corner gas and then they cancelled that. soooooo YAY CBC!
and i guess that money did not last long

Lost it when I heard "AHHHH It's a snake."
As my avatar would imply.

rofl, good all around, nice job this week =)

Okay these two don't get to go throught the bargin bin anymore >3

Did anyone at the Escapist actually play Bullet Witch? Did you like it? You don't have to be ashamed for admitting the truth

lol canada, you missed a joke there. Always good fun making a fool of canada.

wait, bullet witch. really? was making fun of JRPGs not easy enough. this is like beating up a five year old.

Axeli:
What, no Russell jokes?

this, good episode but we missed Russell

Callate:
I wonder if the designers of Bullet Witch look at Bayonetta and quietly cry into their whiskey.

bullet witch came out in 2005 while Bayonetta came out in 2009

so the designer of bullet witch are not crying

ForgottenPr0digy:

Callate:
I wonder if the designers of Bullet Witch look at Bayonetta and quietly cry into their whiskey.

bullet witch came out in 2005 while Bayonetta came out in 2009

so the designer of bullet witch are not crying

*SIGH*

Yes. I know. I completely recognize that Bullet Witch came out well before Bayonetta. What I said recognizes that.

Bullet Witch also received a critical drubbing (55 on Metacritic) and was generally considered to have fared commercially at a level somewhere between "low-mediocre" and "epic fail".

Whereas Bayonetta- with notable similarities of heroine, theme, and genre- scored 86/91 on Metacritic (PS3/Xbox 360), and has been one of the best selling games of the year.

Which might cause people who had made a game with notable similarities to note the enormous differences in the levels of success between their game and Bayonetta, and thus to "cry into their whiskey".

In short, while I would have thought it obvious, my comment does not in any way assume that Bullet Witch is a rip-off of Bayonetta- quite the opposite, it recognizes the similarities between the earlier (Bullet Witch) and later (Bayonetta) game, and suggests that those similarities might be the cause of grief on the part of the makers of the earlier game (Bullet Witch) because their game did not fare remotely as well.

And according to Wikipedia, Bullet Witch wasn't released until 2007 in most territories (2006 in Japan.)

Having now beaten all humor out of the original comment, I think I'll move on.

Callate:
Yes. I know. I completely recognize that Bullet Witch came out well before Bayonetta. What I said recognizes that.

Bullet Witch also received a critical drubbing (55 on Metacritic) and was generally considered to have fared commercially at a level somewhere between "low-mediocre" and "epic fail".

Whereas Bayonetta- with notable similarities of heroine, theme, and genre- scored 86/91 on Metacritic (PS3/Xbox 360), and has been one of the best selling games of the year.

Which might cause people who had made a game with notable similarities to note the enormous differences in the levels of success between their game and Bayonetta, and thus to "cry into their whiskey".

If I made a game that no one liked, and then someone else made a game that's a whole lot like mine and proceeded to make a ton of money off of it, I'd break my no-booze rule just to have some whiskey to cry into.

MrMajenta:
wait, bullet witch. really? was making fun of JRPGs not easy enough. this is like beating up a five year old.

Haha. It was, wasn't it?
There are games I like a lot, and there are games-that might be good-that I don't enjoy, for whatever reason.

And then there are games that I want to cleanse the world of. This is one of them.

No Unskippable this week?

Oh well, you guys deserve a break since you've been making these every week since May of last year.

Thanks for the laughs so far and the laughs still to come.

WastedHero:
No Unskippable this week?

Oh well, you guys deserve a break since you've been making these every week since May of last year.

Thanks for the laughs so far and the laughs still to come.

It's on the way. Late, yes, but you will get your fix within the hour.

Anyone else notice that the gun toting undead jarhead zombies gave their lines more emotion then the protagonist of the freaking game?

For me this was one of the more Laugh-out-Loud unskipables. ^_^

"Bazooka Joe, how could you??!!" :-(

[Dead: Uncountable] Wow... really XD? That was funny right there. Really nice review guys, and this game totally throws me off. So like... a guy falls into a pit, a disease spreads without any explanation, they still can talk and function like people but they just become douches with no skin and weird mutations (Still wearing the helmets I see) and...a witch is our character?! @_@ Am lost. But, funny comments and praise you guys, great job!!

ohhh bullet witch... cause shes a b****

So basically the developers watched Fox News for a day and decided "Yeah, from their perpsective the world is going to end." And they needed a game to put their nightclub cosplay sketch in, so viola; Bullet Witch, a game you could forget again and again.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here