The Pocket Gamer Report: Hardcore Licenses Love Handheld Platforms

I'd hardly call LittleBIg Planet a 'hardcore console game', but I get what you mean and I agree.

Complex franchises can do remarkably well on handhelds, especially on the PSP which doesn't get the credit it deserves for some of its amazing games.

I remember Dissidia coming to the PSP, did quite well in my books. Certainly one of the essential games for the console to be sure

Ahh more shooters on the DS please, Hunters nailed the control scheme in my books. The touch screen gives a unique (and in my opinion) a very good sense of control.

I typically don't like portable iterations of games, but I'd be willing to try out a portable version of some of the bigger consoles games as long as they aren't total cash-ins.

I definitely agree, especially since I'm a handheld gamer of sorts. This kind of thing also allows me to play games I wouldn't have been able to play if they weren't ported.

Surely it's high time Naughty Dog had a punt at the PSP with a certain wise-cracking ladies' man?

Apparently somebody isn't aware that Daxter already has his own game! ;P

SnipeHunter11:

Surely it's high time Naughty Dog had a punt at the PSP with a certain wise-cracking ladies' man?

Apparently somebody isn't aware that Daxter already has his own game! ;P

Actually, Daxter was made by Ready at Dawn, not Naughty Dod, although Ready at Dawn does have several former employees from Naughty Dog in it. (Although, to be fair, they would have had to license it from Naughty Dog anyway, so I guess it's really the same thing)

Besides, they said "wise-cracking ladies' man", not "wise cracking ladies otter/weasel thing". :)

Red Alert, Rock Band, Civilization, COD WaW Zombies, Sonic (the first one) and Doom are good examples of great and addictive established licensees that are on portable devices (ipod Touch is the one i am on about)

Hell, these things make the train rides to Tafe so much shorter and quicker.

Monster Hunter worked better on the PSP than it did on the non-portable consoles in my opinion. and i know its not considered a "hard-core" game in the west, but thats only because its not very popular. I reccomend it.

Oh, and Resident evil did come out onto the DS (ironically named Resident evil: Deadly Silence)... i thought it was pretty good, it even incorporated the stylus for "knife battles", where when you walk through certain doors you go into a mode where you have to swipe Zombies/other mutated creatures. its actually pretty fun too.

oh, and also, there is an easter egg of being able to touch Jill up with the stylus, which gets a funny reaction.
oh, and some guy above mentioned the i-touch games, and i agree with him, Games such as COD have been incorporated really well. dunno about Rock-band being a hardcore game, but sure...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here