Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers

Some polygon protagonists get plastic toy makeovers.

Read Full Article

Wait, it took them that long to do R&C toys?

I thought they'd have them done before he'd finished his PS2-exclusive run, considering how hilariously corporate the R&C universe is.

Hell, they could even have advertised them with Ratchet facepalming and wondering why Clank didn't say anything about it.

Dante's Inferno? No thanks. It's great to see they make so many toys out of games I have no intention of playing.

I have the Big Sister figure stood on my desk as we speak. She's not bad but the Airtank/Cage causes balance problems. The joints loosened up quickly enough although I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

BUT! the article is sort of wrong in regards to her. There's two versions of the Big Sister to purchase - One does come with the Little Sister figure but there's a cheaper variant which doesn't (it's the one I have)

I have 2 of those Dantes lol. That is one of the best preorder items I have ever gotten. Very high quality and frickin huge compared to the rest. Too bad they seem to had a glitch somewhere along the manufacturing though since some have thier stomachs separated from the left side of the cross on his chest leaving a gap. And if I wasn't so anal about things I might have had intentions of opening the game before March.

Tinq:
Dante's Inferno? No thanks. It's great to see they make so many toys out of games I have no intention of playing.

I would be more shocked at how some of the toys would look for inferno...heh

I believe the "billy club" on Delta is actually a diving knife. For those of you who don't know, diving knives are usually screwed into a tubular sheath to prevent accidental dropping. Whiling diving, a knife is actually one of your best friends, can cut through entanglements (seaweed, rope, etc), also taping the blade on your air tank creates a loud ding which can signal other members of your dive to your location/situation. Lastly, it works great for killing animals in the way (no big sisters though, the drill arm works for that)

SpcyhknBC:
I believe the "billy club" on Delta is actually a diving knife. For those of you who don't know, diving knives are usually screwed into a tubular sheath to prevent accidental dropping. Whiling diving, a knife is actually one of your best friends, can cut through entanglements (seaweed, rope, etc), also taping the blade on your air tank creates a loud ding which can signal other members of your dive to your location/situation. Lastly, it works great for killing animals in the way (no big sisters though, the drill arm works for that)

That is, hands down, THE most informative thing to come out of this article for me. Mostly because I don't like models or any of the games we're talking about.

I've always loved action figures! :)

Rule No.1 for a good looking figure: If your gonna have joints, make sure they blend in well otherwise it just looks tackey as fuck. Things like these should be display items, not toys, so atleast make them look nice.

I'm sorry but thats got to be one of the things I find most annoying.

Ive seen the Army of Two figures at a shop near me. Their pretty snazzy and well detailed. Only thing left for me to do is actually like the game...

I've got the Little Sister figure. Got it with my preorder of Bioshock 2.

The thing that intrigued me most is the Ratchet and Clank action figure. BOUT TIME!

The others look cool, though.

Maybe we're looking at different figures here. When I look at the Dante figure I see a man who's misplaced his keys. Oh well at least Delta looks nice. Even though the little sisters joints stick out something fierce.

Tinq:

SpcyhknBC:

That is, hands down, THE most informative thing to come out of this article for me. Mostly because I don't like models or any of the games we're talking about.

Hear, hear. My days of action-figure collecting are far over. They just tend to make for crappy home decor.

Oh look, a figure of Ratchet! It took them only eight years to figure out a painfully obvious idea. And his grin looks kinda creepy, why not just a smile? Oh well. I still want that. As an aside, they should have printed a disclaimer on the Collector's Editon box saying "when you put Ratchet next to anything fragile, you're doing so at your own risk - Sony is not responsible for any damages that may result".

Where can you get these!?

No offence, but I seriously thought I was reading an IGN editorial.

What was the point of this?

OT: None of these particularly interest me, except for slowly collecting value. Maybe it's just me.

Only thing I got out of that was that Bioshock 2 has alot of liscensed figures.

I kinda want the Ratchet and Clank ones though.

I have the original little sister figurine. My mum once proudly told me she was going to clean the shit on my shelf.
I sat for a while, when I realised that yes, my Little Sister is on the shelf!
never did I move so fast.
she almost threw away the foam it came in away.

NECA Toys and DC Unlimited have begun turning some of our more popular polygon stars into slick action figures

Only new games, so meh.

Looks like I'll wait for my Duke Nukem action figure.

I'm assuming they won't do a Commander Shepard action figure since they can't adequately sculpt near infinite possibilities with that one.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here