LoadingReadyRun: Meatshroom

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

they are trying to steal your women folk cracked me up.

/me will use herbs for it is for the women XD

I am going to try and make this...I do oh so love meat and mushrooms. my favorite things combined, it can only make for more awesomeness!! (unless I am wrong)

That video made my man points go through the roof. Good job!

banthesun:
@Tim_LRR: Sure, thanks for clarifying. I do enjoy the videos, and am looking fowards to next week's (Or ENN).

Hileict:

banthesun:
I'm going to go ahead and say what this made me think, and if afterwoulds the LRR people want to correct me that's fine, but upon watching that episode this is what I was thinking:

Man cooking was stolen!

Here is a clip from an Australian TV show; Double the Fist. You might agree that it looks rather similar to this episode of LRR. This series was made back in 2004, but interestingly, the segement was uploaded just over a month before the first episode of Man Cooking appeared.

As I said before, I cant definitely say if it was stolen or not, but I would like someone from the LRR team to clarify this, as it seriously affected my appreciation of this episode.

And because I like it so much here's two more DTF videos.

Okay, upon reflection (and reading Tim_LRR's response... You're still wrong. I watched that show before they were canceled. Not only did they air AFTER the first Man-Cooking episode, therefore making your argument invalid.. DTF isn't nearly as funny, nor did they do any hilarious cooking segments. They just acted stupid and blew shit up. Go QQ more, plox?

Could you point out when Man Cooking first appeared? 'cos according to the LRR website it was in 2006.

Also, I don't really understand your comparisons, as far as I could tell, the only major difference between the two segments was this one was longer, and included a recipe instead of explosions, at the core they're pretty much the same thing.

Recipe... explosions. Recipe..... explosions. No, it must be me. Don't worry I'll understand that one eventually. Seriously though, I don't really understand how, just because something vaguely similar (in your opinion) exists in the world, you can call it outright theft.

I really like this show, but I notice the acting gets worse and worse.....

so true. that guy can't act like someone yelling and cooking for shit.

Malari:
Recipe... explosions. Recipe..... explosions. No, it must be me. Don't worry I'll understand that one eventually. Seriously though, I don't really understand how, just because something vaguely similar (in your opinion) exists in the world, you can call it outright theft.

banthesun:
As I said before, I cant definitely say if it was stolen or not, but I would like someone from the LRR team to clarify this,

I didn't call it outright theft, I said that it made me suspect that they stole the idea. Tim has kindly clarified the situation, but it was the centeral theme of making vegetarian cooking manly (by means of using meat and shouting) that made me suspicious.

So many LOL momments !!

I will make this someday!

I don't like mushrooms, can I substitute them for some other part of raw pig?

Or some beef perhaps?

Nazrel:
That looks like it might be good.

I agree.

Rocketboy13:

Nazrel:
That looks like it might be good.

I agree.

By all accounts it was delicious.

-m

This was great, but the all time best is when they 'tenderized' the meat by slapping it with a gun.

Hang on, mushrooms have hymens, I looked it up. I suppose it could be manly to eat something which has a hymen. Am I missing something ? Oh yeah, a y chromosome.

And so Man Cooking arrives at the Escapist.

I am actually a vegetarian, and kind of grossed out most of the time when watching it, but it's still hilarious. :P

a real man wouldn't use oven gloves. then the real man could have burns on his hands for two reasons

Rheyvin:
Paul slapping Morgan kept me glued to my seat for the rest of the episode.

Agreed.
In fact, I would go so far as to say we need to see more of this.

(great episode guys! but now i'm freakin' hungry!!!!)

Beatrix:
I am actually a vegetarian, and kind of grossed out most of the time when watching it, but it's still hilarious. :P

Same.

I discovered this series over half term, I need to catch up on all the pre-Escapist episodes. It's awesome. This video comes in second behind "Green" of the ones I've seen.

If this DOESN'T get syndicated I will be very disappointed.

Morgan_LRR:
so true. that guy can't act like someone yelling and cooking for shit.

Dam you Morgan you made me spit red bull into my keyboard from laughing :D

Great vid though this is my favourite LRR series after hustle

acctaully looked kind of nice to eat,maybe one day ill get board and try and cook one

also very funny episode

Oh god Man Cooking XD best episode of LRR ever.

Remember, if your girlfriend likes you're cooking, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!

The best man cooking has so far is the Swiss Meat Roll, but this was an easy 2nd. Hilarious.

I like how the theme ended up beaing that the best way to make a vegetarian recipe manly was to make it out of meat :D

Oh God, this was great. I'd eat the hell out of this, AND its disgusted my wife.

"Anyone who tells you herbs aren't manly is trying to steal your womenfolk!!!"

Never watched Man Cooking before, now I'm gonna watch all of them

"Some people say vegetarians aren't manly but I'm going to prove them wrong but cooking a mushroom... OUT OF MEAT!" haha genius

That looks delicious.
I have some reservations about it but if it's it part of a series I guess it doesn't matter.

This show lacked booze. I mean, what do men do when waiting for their Meatshroom? Down a keg of ale, that's what they do.

This could only be more manly, if it was glazed in pure testosterone! HAAARRR!

"preheat your oven to 151 degrees F less than the temperature at which books ignite" Then I must put a book in my oven to be sure, preferably my housemates twilight, because burning literature is manly, especially when its effeminate insults to manlyness, HARRRRRRRR!

This would have been really great if the dude hadn't been smiling all the time...

Dammit, don't cut on a ceramic plate! You'll dull your knives that way, and dull knives ARE NOT MANLY.

That meat mushroom actually looked delicious, though I'm sceptical about the vinegar sauce thingy he dunked it in. Perhaps I should try to make one of those.

A friend and I have a few ways to make the Meatshroom even more Manly! It's like the Orks and their "dakka", there's never enough of it.

I want a MeatShroom

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or