All Patch Notes for LEGO Fortnite Mechanical Mayhem Update 29.10

Lego Fortnite, with several Lego cars racing along, including one attached to a house.

LEGO Fortnite’s latest update is here, and it’s a biggie! Dubbed “Mechanical Mayhem,” it focuses on, as the name suggests, vehicles. So, if you want to know just what it does, here are all the patch notes for LEGO Fortnite Mechanical Mayhem Update 29.10.

Recommended Videos

All Patch Notes for LEGO Fortnite Mechanical Mayhem Update 29.10

Image of LEGO woman with pink hair and googles smirking in LEGO Fortnite. This image is part of an article of All Patch Notes for Lego Fortnite Update 29.10
Image via Epic Games.

Before I go any further, I’ll get the big question out of the way. Does LEGO Fortnite Mechanical Mayhem Update 29.10 increase the game’s build limit? Not according to the patch notes, and that’s been a point of contention, especially since the game’s trying to go up against Minecraft. But if you’re a fan of messing around in vehicles, this update will be right up your street.

Vehicles are already present in LEGO Fortnite, but this update adds three new ones: the Speeder, Offroader, and Hauler. They do exactly what it says on the tin. For example, the Hauler is handy for hefting materials around. You can also craft custom vehicles, which should lead to some weird and wonderful creations.

The patch notes show a house on wheels, which you can bet we’re going to try building. On top of that, there’s now a compost bin and many, many new outfits. So, from the patch notes, here’s everything the update adds:

LEGO Fortnite Update 29.10 Patch Notes

Who’s Riding Shotgun?

You know what they say: life isn’t about how fast you reach your destination. It’s about the journey along the way! Mechanical Mayhem introduces three vehicle Builds with their own way of taking you place to place. (There are also new ways to make a custom vehicle… more on that in a bit!) 

Speeder 

In a hurry? The Speeder is ideal for zipping from biome to biome. Unlock the recipe for the Speeder by adding a Power Cell (NEW!) to your inventory. 

Offroader

The Offroader is perfect for carrying around multiple passengers. Unlock the recipe for the Offroader by adding Flexwood to your inventory (usually found in the Dry Valley biome). 

Hauler

Let the Hauler do the heavy lifting because there’s plenty of room in the trunk. Unlock the recipe for the Hauler by adding Frostpine to your inventory (usually found in the Frostlands biome). 

How to Make Vehicle Builds 

When you unlock the recipe for a vehicle Build, you can create it from the Builds section of the Build menu. 

If you’re the kind of person who throws away instructions before reading them, you can do things your own way using the Vehicle Parts in the Toys section. You’ll need some specific Toys if you want to class your creations as vehicles: 

Toys in Your Toolbox

• Power Center – The engine of your vehicle!
    • Load Power Centers up with Power Cells to power your vehicles. (That’s a lot of power.) The more Power Cells you load, the longer you can drive for. 

A Power Center.

• Wheels – Turn in the right direction or give your vehicle an extra push!
    • If your vehicle has Turnable Wheels attached, you can use a Driver’s Seat to turn your vehicle. Unlike Turnable Wheels, Powered Wheels simply propel your vehicle forward.

• Seats – For your safety… and comfort!
    • You’ll need a Driver’s Seat (a.k.a. steering wheel… they’re finally here!) to control and drive your vehicle. Place some extra Seats to take your friends on road trips. 

Have a seat… and this picture of one.

How to Power Vehicles

Waste not, want not. LEGO® Fortnite operates on an eco-friendly fuel policy to protect your world’s precious biomes. How? You can recycle your old resources into clean energy with a brand new Station:

Compost Bin

Is your inventory getting busy? Why throw your old items away when you can put them to good use!

The Compost Bin is a new Station that turns resources into Biomass, Fertilizer, or Soil. The number and rarity of what it spits out will depend on what you put in, but you’ll need to create Biomass to unlock the Power Cell recipe. 

(One of the ingredients for a Power Cell is Glass. You can now find Glass from bandit camps around your world!)

Need a Tune-Up? Use a Wrench!

It’s not just Toys in your toolbox. With a Wrench, you can assign Switches and Thrusters to channels, which means you can control as many Thrusters as you’d like using three separate Switches, rather than having one Switch controlling everything. Unlock the recipe for the Wrench by adding a Wooden Rod to your inventory.

Illuminate the Dark 

This is for all the night drivers out there. Though not a Vehicle Part, the Illuminator will add an aura of light to your world in dark areas! Unlock the recipe for the Illuminator by adding a Thermal Fish to your inventory and having a Crafting Bench in your world.

Ready to become a mechanic after reading everything above? It’s okay if you aren’t — Jules, Comet, and Lynx will steer you in the right direction if you need a hand with vehicles!

More Updates!

Roar

The suit-wearing tiger Oscar joins Jules, Comet, and Lynx as potential new Villagers! 

Sweet (…and Spicy?) Treats

Nothing like dessert after fending off foes. You’ll unlock the recipes for Ice Cream, Snowberry Ice Cream, and Spicy Ice Cream if you add Snow to your inventory and have a Juicer in your world. 

Major Improvements, Adjustments, and Bug Fixes 

Gameplay

• New smart transfer feature: transfer all similar items to and from storage.
  • It’s easier to visually tell when your constructs take damage.
    • With the new vehicle building features, we had to adjust some durability values. We recommend using higher-rarity resources to strengthen your constructs if any part breaks.
  • Items can be dropped one at a time when a stack is picked up.
  • Pools of fish can be found near new (but somehow already run-down) docks that are alongside lakes and rivers.
  • Made improvements to constructs so they remain stable when entering and exiting caves.
  • Made stabilization fixes for constructs traveling large distances across the world.

Other

• The Stormy Emote will be updated to its full, intended animation in LEGO Fortnite

More Outfits Get a LEGO Style 

With v29.10, you’ll find even more LEGO Styles for your favorite Outfits! If you already own these Outfits, their LEGO Styles will automatically be in your Locker: 

• A.I.M.
  • Aftermath
  • All-Hallow’s Steve
  • Ani Konda
  • Archetype
  • Asmodeus
  • Astrea
  • The Autumn Queen
  • Azuki
  • Baba Yaga
  • Beastmode
  • Bone Wasp
  • Bun Bun
  • Bunny Brawler
  • Championship Jonesy
  • Chloe Kim
  • Combat Tech Jules
  • Copper Wasp
  • Corrupted Insight
  • Covert Cobalt
  • Crustina
  • CRZ-8
  • Delirium
  • Dreamflower
  • Dutch
  • Dynamic Hush
  • Elite Striker Sephira
  • Elmira
  • Firewalker
  • Fishskull
  • Flytrap
  • The Foundation
  • Freestyle
  • Gia
  • Guff
  • Haxsaur
  • Heartbreak Ranger
  • Highwire
  • Hopper
  • Hotwire
  • Joni the Scarlet
  • Koi Brawler Zero
  • Kurohomura
  • Kymera
  • Lil Split
  • Llambro
  • Mecha-Pop
  • Mecha Strike Commander
  • Mecha Strike Navigator
  • Megg
  • Menace
  • Metal Team Leader
  • Minty Bomber
  • Miss Bunny Penny
  • Mizuki
  • Moonwalker
  • Mystify
  • Nitehare
  • Oblivion
  • Original Renegade
  • Party MVP
  • Party Star
  • Pillar
  • PJ Pepperoni
  • The Prisoner
  • Pulse
  • Rabbit Raider
  • Rally Raider
  • Rift Strider Drift
  • Roast Lord
  • Rust Lord
  • Safari
  • Saura
  • Sgt. Winter
  • Shade
  • Shadowbird
  • Shogun
  • Sizzle Sgt.
  • Skellemint Oro
  • Slugger
  • Snow Sniper
  • Spycatcher Siren
  • Storm Racer
  • Snuggs
  • Stella
  • Summer Drift
  • Swamp Stomper
  • Tigress
  • Vanguard Banshee
  • Versa
  • The Visitor
  • Volpez
  • Webster
  • Wendell
  • Whiska
  • Wingtip
  • Wreck Raider
  • Yee-Haw!
  • Yuki
  • Zadie

And those are all patch notes for LEGO Fortnite update 29.10. Have fun building the most ridiculous vehicles you can imagine.

Fortnite is available to play now on various platforms, including the Meta Quest 2 and 3.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Maple Rush Codes (March 2024)
Promo image for Maple Rush.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Related Content
Read Article All WWE 2K24 My Faction Locker Codes (March 2024)
A cover image of WWE 2K24.
Read Article Maple Rush Codes (March 2024)
Promo image for Maple Rush.
Read Article Monopoly GO Free Dice Rolls Links (March 2024)
Monopoly Go. But is it down?
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.