Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 6

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 6

The dead of Archet are buried in graves as shallow as their occupants.

Read Full Article

funny but a bit to, graphical, i know your a busy man but i still would like some more text instead of all these screen shots, but still a great read and another amusing song.

Poor Mudbrick, at least now he's finally in a place where he belongs. In the dirt.

I know many games have unrealistic quests, but the hankerchief quest... That is extreme.

Du Jour Jaricho:
Poor Mudbrick, at least now he's finally in a place where he belongs. In the dirt.

Oh, yes! lol.

Cant wait for PArt 7 =D

Also, the beginning made me "lol"

...Really? A handkerchief?

...Really? He wants it BACK!?

"LEADER: Does he have anything with snot on it?"

I am still grinning.....

Gonna get fired if I keep this up.

Hey, those hankerchiefs have many uses, they don't all have to involve snot! Hehe

The elf quests weren't even that funny. Though you were asked to cut down a plant and get some lumber while in a forest.

Is it me or should Lulzy be getting a backing track of bow-shakka-wow-wow...

Pimpin' ain't easy...

Those bandits must have been stupid, they burned the only tavern in town :D

As for the hankerchief, maybe there's a bigger story behind it (imagine stunbling upon sauron's hankerchief, god knows which monstrous power it could hold...) :P

Lulzy is well on her way to epic minstrel. Well done Shamus.

You should sing along to these so I know how to read it out loud :D

Seriously, I find myself reading through these mainly for the end songs :D

Shamus, I really like these.

I hope this is a long running series, because its awesome.

Alot of the early quests in this game were ridiculous. I ignored the body burying one if I remembered correctly.

Great work, I can't wait for the next one!

^^ ditto. Mockumentaries are my favorite form of journalism. I have this bookmarked along with RPS's A Fool in Morrowind and Chocolate Hammer's Clod of Cthulhu and The Saga of Cahmel.

Keep up the great snark - I mean work! :D

Being a devoted fan of the books, I just don't think I can get into the game, with the inevitable differences that are already obviously in there; but following this series is entertaining at least. I am loving the scenery though. Makes World of Warcraft look very dated for once.
All that action in Archet though is giving me horrible flashbacks of going through Tortage in Age of Conan. Twenty levels of being a prisoner in one town is not fun. Hopefully you didn't have to go through that much time in Archet, Shamus.

Oh God the burying the dead quest. Great idea, not so great execution.

I'm surprised you didn't call attention to the fact that, after going to the trouble of heaping a couple of inches of dirt over the unfortunate fallen (including one right in front of the hunting lodge), if you happen to run back past them a couple of minutes later you can see that they are freshly unburied again, laying back on top of the ground.

The work of evil wolves, obviously.

I almost choked when I read how the guy feared wild animals dishonouring the corpses of their men. Shows where my mind's at.

we shall miss you oh great mudbrick!

The bandit conversation was priceless. Especially since the BANDIT character is more competent than all of Archet put together, it seems.

DeadlyYellow:
I almost choked when I read how the guy feared wild animals dishonouring the corpses of their men. Shows where my mind's at.

xD haha that's a little too wild!

Funny again and funny I was just wondering if you had posted a new one before i logged on here. Guess it's every Wednesday?

Best one yet!

And you were correct to skip the Hobbit quests--those things will drive you totally bonkers except for the last ones to stop some bandits.

Ah, telegraphed humour that you can see coming a mile away. Does it get any better than that?

Keep up the good work.

Haha again, totally awesome.

I'm really enjoying this.

This is really funny, keep up the good work :D

R.I.P. Mudbrick. And yay, more songs!

samsonguy920:
Being a devoted fan of the books, I just don't think I can get into the game, with the inevitable differences that are already obviously in there; but following this series is entertaining at least. I am loving the scenery though. Makes World of Warcraft look very dated for once.
All that action in Archet though is giving me horrible flashbacks of going through Tortage in Age of Conan. Twenty levels of being a prisoner in one town is not fun. Hopefully you didn't have to go through that much time in Archet, Shamus.

Altough this series is alot of of fun, the archet are takes about 30 minutes to complete and then you are in the open world.

This series is extending that alot... but it's awesome. Poor Dirk!

samsonguy920:

Like others have said, it's about an hour or so to get through the tutorial, depending on how much you read and if you go after the side quests.

As a fan of the books, the compromises are kind of crazy, but I find it's worth it just to be able to tour Middle Earth. You can see the Gaffer working his vegetables. Visit Bag End. The Green Dragon. Meet Butterbur. Weathertop. Michael Delving. Old Forest. Bombadil. Etc.

I also wondered, why did I agree to this? It seems to be a common sentiment among MMORPGs. They inevitably contain a few ridiculous quests, so unlikely and illogical that you imagine the developers /must/ have meant it as a satire.

Actually, I take that back, *most* of the quests are ridiculous. That somebody needs you to kill 20 pigs, or fetch 15 spider galls (which apparently only 1 in 10 spiders have), or bring back 10 tusks for their hood ornament, really kills the whole "I'm being a hero instead of a wage slave" feeling of video games. Are we really pretending to be working a monotonous, laborious job for minimum wage? That was bad enough for the other 8 hours a day that I did it, and at least in real life, it means I can eat!

That's the biggest reason I stopped playing MMORPGs: they took all the fun out of fantasy. It was as though the game wasn't there to be fun or entertaining, but merely to keep you busy so that the developers could siphon $20/month out of you for the rest of eternity. And you were doing their chores. Their *virtual* chores.

But this whole series makes great fun out of that idea and I'm loving it to bits. Keep up the great work!

It can't be too easy writng something funny about burrying a bunch of people but you managed it. Nice work Shamus keep is up.

Boraxe:
Snipish

Welcome to Escapist, stay as long as you want, but stay out of the basement, also read the posting guidelines.

Also Shamus, very funny, As good, if not better, then the Left 4 dumb series; The poems at the end are a good laugh.

This is genius work.

"We'll see you real soon. (The next time it rains.)"

Brilliant.

I swear, Lulzy would have been a cherished member of our old MERP (Middle Earth RPG) table-top game. Thank you again for this amazing series!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here