Escapist News Network: RPG Elements

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Formica Archonis:
As someone who knows about the FLQ and the murder of Pierre Laporte, I found that was... really, really, creepy.

Yeah, that was strangely close to home.

October 1970.... too soon guys. You gonna get the Bloc and the PQ on your ass. ;)

I remember Mystic Quest.
You could beat the last boss using Cure.

Not the battle system!

...Was Barret fighting the first boss with Sephiroth? O_o

Wes 'MOTHA-FATHA' Borg!

The Junction system is dead!
And nothing of value was lost.

If they kill skill trees I swear on all that is holy I will invade Canada and destroy these terrorist assholes!

I would play Guitar Hero: Immortal/Burzum, only if the guitar is bigger than those little plastic guitars and had more buttons. Though I'd rather have Guitar Hero: Marduk.

And what is this about appearing in Lost Planet 2?

yaoooza nice dress Kathleen ;)

Funny as always

Nooooooo!! Not the Junction system!
But really, I hated the junction system, Final Fantasy VII's materia system on the other hand...

So am I the only one that wants a Guitar Hero Iron Maiden?
Gee...

Chipperz:
Damn those French-Canadian Terrorists! Soon they'll take our character customisation!

No..No..I wont let them take my character customisation, how else will i be able to have a elephant man save the world!

NOT THE ATB! NOOOOOOOO!

I sympathise with the French-Canadians

Both for having to deal with an English-speaking majority and because they killed off annoying parts of an annoying genre (In my opinion0

good news: we will be able to download the content for ffXII that they said we wouldn't be able to.
Bad news: the wankers are probably gonna charge us extra and have us have to pay for each of the contents instead of putting it into on complete package. Bastards. if ff13 vs wasn't so far off i might not buy into this.

at least i can stall for a another year with kh bbs this summer.

CrazyHaircut94:
Not the battle system!

my guess some modding was done, or action replay, or gameshark.

NOOOO those french canadians must be stopped this looks like a job for Kane and Crowthorne! They can track these French-canadians and kill them.

haha I just noticed, Renegade Paragons. lol!!

Tbh I kinda agree with what they said about the Rpg elements... but after playing both Me1 and Me2... I prefer Me2, dispite it being a lot more simple.

Great episode guys. But can I ask where the dialouge between Graham and Kathleen at the beginning went? I enjoyed that bit.

Wasn't that one of the guys from 3 Dead Trolls in a Baggie? Man what is it with all these gaming folk in Canada?

Awesome episode guys!

ShadowKirby:
Yeah, that was strangely close to home.

Though I suppose we should cut them some slack. I mean, they're all around 25ish. They likely didn't even exist (at most they were in diapers) the last time Trudeau was PM, never mind the time he started playing general.

ShadowKirby:
October 1970.... too soon guys. You gonna get the Bloc and the PQ on your ass. ;)

But maybe not Lucien Bouchard.:)

Not the battle system! I miss that style

Hah! Pinstripe Potaroo. That takes me back.

Good episode.

Considering that my decision to get Rock Band was entirely swayed by the Mayhem Tour 2009 DLC then I would be in full favour of more extreme Guitar Hero games.

Edit:

CrazyHaircut94:

Yeah I noticed that too, no cloud so it was either a model hack or an all-together Cloud for Sephiroth swap.

Monshroud:
Wasn't that one of the guys from 3 Dead Trolls in a Baggie? Man what is it with all these gaming folk in Canada?

Awesome episode guys!

Wes Borg. It sure was :D

-m

Jaques Francois! The bastard!

Most of my games' packaging are already bilingual... The RPG-elementorrists' demands have already been met!

Brad Shepard:
NO!!!! *Falls to Knees* Not the Junction System!!!! I loved you so!

Great video guys, and loved the Persona 4 refference at the end.

Damn ninj'd, and I agree JUNCTION SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!

OT: Great vid as always, deal with the terrorists soon!

Matt_LRR:

Monshroud:

Awesome episode guys!

-m

The last time I looked at a map I noticed that Canada was a pretty large country, how is it that so many of the gaming / comedy folk live rather close to one another? I mean there is the LRR Crew, Pure Pwnage, 3 Dead Trolls, and probably more that I have yet to discover...

pout I wanna move to Canada... /pout

Monshroud:

Matt_LRR:

Monshroud:

Awesome episode guys!

-m

The last time I looked at a map I noticed that Canada was a pretty large country, how is it that so many of the gaming / comedy folk live rather close to one another? I mean there is the LRR Crew, Pure Pwnage, 3 Dead Trolls, and probably more that I have yet to discover...

pout I wanna move to Canada... /pout

Heh, PP lives entirely on the other side of the country. Not quite, but *almost* as far as they can possibly get from here, without leaving.

That said, we've had opportunity to work with them, because they're out in vancouver a couple times a year.

Wes, on the other hand just happens to live here, and runs a comedy showcase we participate in every month.

He's super cool.

-m

chstens:
Jaques Franois! The bastard!

This is when we need Canadaman, eh?

Matt_LRR:
Heh, PP lives entirely on the other side of the country. Not quite, but *almost* as far as they can possibly get from here, without leaving.

That said, we've had opportunity to work with them, because they're out in vancouver a couple times a year.

Wes, on the other hand just happens to live here, and runs a comedy showcase we participate in every month.

He's super cool.

-m

Oh, I didn't realize that PP was elsewhere. I somewhat recently saw Graham in a PP Blog video for their TV series and just assumed that everyone lived relatively near each other. My bad.

Whew! I'm so glad that people got the metal bits.
The writing went a bit like this:*
Kathleen: AH! LOL! LOL! I've got this bit for Black Metal Guitar Hero! It's got tons of obscure metal jokes! It's so funny! LOL!
Graham, Jer, Paul: We'll... take your word for it.
Kathleen: And James has to get corpse painted up.
Graham, Jer, Paul: Sold!
James: Wut?

*The writing went nothing like that.

I have to admit that Mystic Quest is one of my guilty pleasures. I don't know why I take so much pleasure in beating it over and over, but I do. Maybe it's just because it was there when I was younger and I never really understood it, but now I can just blaze through it in a day. Oh well, I have moved on to bigger and better games but I shall always love my Mystic Quest.

We need Canada man to save our RPG elements!

HE MENTIONED PINSTRIPE POTTEROO!!!!!

I am a Crash Bandicoot fanboy, and I approve of this reference. :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook