Escapist News Network: RPG Elements

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Goddamn Quebecois! I knew they were up to something!

Did...did I really just see an FLQ reference? That was an amazing reminder to call my mother old. She lived through it and I learned about it in history class.

Sadly, that terrorist threat was too plausible. Why must so many of my fellow Canadians be elitist, holier-than-thou reactionaries?

Ah, the perfect way to start my working day... With alpine news!

Gotta say, seeing James in the KISS make-up looked hilarious. That must happen more o.o
I also quite like the graphic for the FFXIII DLC story! Even though I like the series, I totally agree with the Chocobo Armor, etc stuff.. If you need further proof, see FFXI Online. SE says they're attempting to rid RMT incidents and all, then they go and release a $10 USD add-on pack filled with plotholes and such that ruin the previous expansions.. All for a shiny piece of armor at the end. Then they blatantly just gave stuff away for buying the set and these items proceeded to BREAK THE GAME. Capes that teleport you -directly- to the party leader, but you HAD to buy it. There's another one they had that bothered me a lot, but eh, work soon ;;

Wait.. What -does- happen to our stats, man? Whooooooa.. We have fingers but we never see them fing.. Oh, there they go. That said, -totally- awesome to see Military!Morgan again xD

OH GOD, MYSTIC QUEST. That's horrible ;; Although, so was Final Fantasy II.. IV onwards, bebbeh~!

WHOA! I love that French Canadian terrorist bit! Yay, no Junction system! And.. Uh.. ATB is okay, but with FFXIII, it seems like they're merging real-time with it. But ZOMG JUNCTION GONE YAAAAAY~

Pinstripe Potaroo..? Awesome. Lost Planet 2 with Graham & Kathleen (which, by the way, Graham's "it's uuuuus~" face is priceless.

...Work time is now!

TheNamlessGuy:
Damn you French Canadians!
Stealing our elements!

Great episode

I haven't felt my RPG elements go missing...

C'est parce que je fait parti de la résistance! On est troublé par tout les jeux qui se proclament "RPG" mais qu'ils ne sont vraiment pas! Nous allons garder les éléments RPG jusqu'a temps qu'ils sont retourné aux jeux qui y sont vraiment "RPG". Je veux que quelqu'un m'amène "Borderlands" et je vais faire de ce jeu, un exemple. HAHAHAHA!

lacktheknack:
Sadly, that terrorist threat was too plausible. Why must so many of my fellow Canadians be elitist, holier-than-thou reactionaries?

Maybe it was a little too soon after the FLQ crisis? That was only what, 40 years ago...

My god James. What did they do to you?

Great episode, one of my favorite right now. Love Kathleen, cutest host ever!
Rex was also awesome. "...Abducted!", 4:17. LoL!

Kathleen, nice, euh, view you have there.

Quebecois FTW! We will prevail! Soon, every video games will be FPS... YES! Mwahahaha.

s69-5:

lacktheknack:

Maybe it was a little too soon after the FLQ crisis? That was only what, 40 years ago...

Dude, some of them are still butthurt about the Plains of Abraham battle and that was 250 years ago.

This is now the official Canadian History Topic.

I think we all knew Canadians were up to something!

A video game related Onion knockoff. How amusing.

s69-5:

lacktheknack:

I'm not talking "separate from Canada" terrorists, just "French demi-gods are better than all other races" snobs.

Mister Hobbs:

Wow, I thought we'd seen the last of this comment months ago.

Still, it's good to know that yet more people believe The Onion were the first people to make fun of news.

SERIOUSLY GUYS

Playing music over someone talking is soooooooo distracting...

I liked the junction system. :(

SPOONY!!!

it was spoony! he's behind it! He's the only one with the power and hate for that system to do it in such a fashion

no, he'd use science...nevermind

AHAH!
You all told me prejudice and crazy when I said french Canadian's were evil RPG hating terroists!
now look.
Oh ya.
Who looks stupid now?
because it ain't me.

mexicola:

They aren't Canadians, they're Quebecois! We have nothing in common with those dammed separatists!

Kuchinawa212:
SPOONY!!!

it was spoony! he's behind it! He's the only one with the power and hate for that system to do it in such a fashion

no, he'd use science...nevermind

Xandus117:

mexicola:

They aren't Canadians, they're Quebecois! We have nothing in common with those dammed separatists!

Hey! Hold your horse young man. We are not all separatists. Damn, the whole movement is pretty much dead.

Random Argument Man:
Vive la résistance! C'est la vengeance des canadiens-français!

Ok Ok, I love this episode. I wonder how they figured out our terrorist group though...

aucune idée...

...Holy crap, I could actually read all that french! Why the hell didn't I understand it back when I was actually TAKING french class? ;.;

Chipperz:

NickIsCool:

Chipperz:
Damn those French-Canadian Terrorists! Soon they'll take our character customisation!

that will probably be one of the last to go

from the looks of it they are making their way through final fantasy features first

They're just doing that to lull you into a false sense of security. Everything seems fine and then BAM! Champions Online's Character Creator is nothing but pink spandex.

...dear god, i hope your wrong

those damn quebcois separatists are at it again with the kiddnapping!

GrahamS:

Mister Hobbs:

Wow, I thought we'd seen the last of this comment months ago.

Still, it's good to know that yet more people believe The Onion were the first people to make fun of news.

The correct version is

A video game related This Hour Has 22 Minutes knockoff. How awesome!

I have to agree that rpg elements or even what was originally rpg like the original final fantasies ect are going to be gone in a few years (NOOOOO my favorite and a few years ago the only genre I played). I have to say though that the joke about making all the anal retentive elements in final fantasy 13 downloadable was genious.

GrahamS:
RPG Elements

At 04:57 Kathleen De Vere stole my heart, and I don't want it back.

Orcus_35:

Random Argument Man:
Vive la résistance! C'est la vengeance des canadiens-français!

Ok Ok, I love this episode. I wonder how they figured out our terrorist group though...

aucune idée...

Mmmm...Il faudra faire une investigation. Vite! À la RAM mobile!

I will actually preorder LP2 if Graham and Kathleen are in it even though I have no intention of buying it at the moment.

Ugh, Mass Effect 2 is NOT missing RPG elements. They are just more streamlined so you can spend less time in the pause menu and more time actually playing the game. If people think RPGs are games where you should be dicking around in pause menus all the time instead of playing, might I recommend a copy of Microsoft Office? You can dick around in the menus for hours, and developers can keep making RPGs that allow for gamers to spend more time playing and less time on the pause screen.

out of all the things to shoot first, it had to be the junction system. Poor, poor junction system.
I also liked the fact that 4 FF games were mentioned in this small amount of time. Feels good man.

If they actually DO end up in Lost Planet 2, it will be a victory for all escapist kind.

Were those the same terrorists that were initially meant to appear in Syphon Filter? I'd be mad too if someone took away my chance at appearing in a game...

Pauvre Front de Libération du Québec... Wear that tuque proudly, will ya? Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche!

@Thaius : A room with a MOOSE??? Nooooooo!

I So agree about guitar hero its slowly been getting shiter song since number 2 i reckon they have to bring out a new guitar hero using bands that arnt so main stream bring in some sound garden, audio slave and other bands that havent got to many insane rift then throw in the black metal to make the last concert a work out

It's official! You guys RULE!

That was some funny ass shit!

I would play Guitar Hero Burzum any day. Give me a Guitar Drummer Discordance Axis and we're really talking.

So that's what happened to Mass Effect 2. Btw, Canada houses one of the world's leading research centers building autonomous robots. The CSA built the CanadArm that is up in space doing construction work on the ISS. I'm thinking about migrating to Canada and join up. They seem to be on the winning side here. The robots, that is.

Cinematic idea, no?

If you get any funnier, the Boremen will commercialize you like Eddie Murphy. I'd be careful!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here