Game Dogs: Episode Seven: Feature Creep

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Episode Seven: Feature Creep

Chet wants to re-write a new intro for the game. Again.

Watch Video

LOL

"what hell is a furry"-Gary
I love the new intro

OMG the intro for that satanic game sounds awesome "satan's retrievers"

I sound like Bethany was "turned on" by Roger when he stood up to Chet

LOL at "23 percent more fur"

The animations have gotten better as well

Go GameDogs I'm your number #1 fan

Its weird I never laugh and yet somehow I watch it every week.

I still think a lot of the lines are too obvious, for instance we dont need the girl to say that the toy is Roger's greatest weakness that should be obvious via facial expression or previously refered to character traits or just implied surely.

If you have to explain the joke then it was never funny i reckon.

On the flip side at least the characters are starting to develop a bit now and its not like five minutes a week is going to kill me so I will stick with it

Edit Also I cant be the only person that immediatly skips the intro by sliding the marker straight to 32 seconds each week

I am quite the dog lover, and I must say, with the way the humor integrates with things dogs normally do, I laughed my ass off.

Stop making the girl say 'sigh'. It's annoying and not funny.
Bt it is slowly improving, though. Not quite as good as last week, but it made me slightly more interested in the main characters.

Hopefully we'll be able to see some screens from this game at some stage. It would be a nice touch.

I liked it, the frog thing was great. I think this series is starting to find its feet.

It was a good episode; the show is improving, so I'm going to stick with it.

Best episode yet- the show is definitely getting on the right track. I'll keep watching, for now.

Yea best episode yet. I love the idea of satan's retrievers xD

Why wont game developers make that game? WHY!

Oh right..."religious issues"

But any way, funny as hell keep it going.

It is getting better, I'll give you that much.

Though I'm still not laughing, the smiles I get from this are getting wider. It's on the right track.

Pipotchi:
Its weird I never laugh and yet somehow I watch it every week.

I still think a lot of the lines are too obvious, for instance we dont need the girl to say that the toy is Roger's greatest weakness that should be obvious via facial expression or previously refered to character traits or just implied surely.

On the flip side at least the characters are starting to develop a bit now and its not like five minutes a week is going to kill me so I will stick with it

Edit Also I cant be the only person that immediatly skips the intro by sliding the marker straight to 32 seconds each week

THERE AREN'T FACIAL EXPRESSIONS! Or at least ones that actually mean something or are at the very most context appropriate.

I'm sad that there are more and more dog jokes in this.

didn't get the last part though.

I mute the intro because the, "are you insane" is just retarded.

Though if they changed it... as I thought by the mouth movements they did... eh, I'm not going to inconvenience myself and check it.

I was waiting for the usual opening Gary Quote but got surprised and laughed more than I would with the previous "Are you insane!" quote. I like Chet's new opening idea for satans retrievers and I'm proud that Roger was strong enough to not give in to his weakness even though Chet cleverly got Roger to agree to changing it anyways.

ForgottenPr0digy:
LOL

"what hell is a furry"-Gary
I love the new intro

Dude, spoilers... just kidding :P

Well... 3:00-3:20 was funny with the frog, I didn't laugh but I did smile.

Then at 3:40 I turned off because I realized Beth has no personality and says "gasp" instead of gasping.

Ok, I relent, this episode has given me hope to keep watching. The 'what's a furry' line in the intro, to Satan's Retreiver's, and the damn squeeky frog...

Just keep it up and don't let me down.

This episode felt a little more like filler and plot movement than anything else...a couple of good jokes wouldn't have hurt.

the series has been shaky but I finally starting to go from grin to chuckle...now Im still waiting for the first cat to appear and then Im set

Hmmm, it is getting better, the frantic idea ramblings of chet reminds me of a guy I knew in uni trying to drum up ideas for a project

funniest one yet :p

Best line: "What the hell is a Furry?!"

This show just keeps getting better and better.

I love the dry, sardonic delivery. Beth is my favorite still and I love how the character development is going... I actually care about the characters now.

Favorite Line: "I'm going to catch that car someday!" Cuz I swear, that's what my dog is thinking every time my car leaves the driveway and he barks like one of dem crazies.

I love this episode! The dog references are awesome, but I hope the animation becomes more fluid too.

The series is really picking up great steam now! Thanks for another hilarious instalment!

That was a much better episode than its predecessors. I hope the series continues along this direction. I like the conflict between awesome ideas and getting things done as represented by Chet and Roger. I can sympathies with the Roger's fear of letting another programmer play with his code.

I just want to point out most development teams do not program the intro first (if it is programed at all). It is like writing a novel, while the end user experiences it from start to finish, there is no rule that states the creator has to make it in that order. In fact it is often not a good idea. If you are trying to setup a later plot point it would be a good idea to have that later plot point finalized before you do the foreshadowing. Simarly if you are showing off game play elements in the intro it would be a good idea to make sure those game play elements work in the game first.

liked this one. series keeps on improving every episode.

Why didn't you make them this funny from the beginning?

is this a furry series because i don't exactly agree with furries,its getting awkward to see how the internet is beginning to fill with them. PS no offense to whoever is one.

Plurralbles:
I mute the intro because the, "are you insane" is just retarded.

Though if they changed it... as I thought by the mouth movements they did... eh, I'm not going to inconvenience myself and check it.

For what it's worth, this week's was "What the hell is a furry?"

I... Still didn't laugh, but I remain entertained. I think it's because I know enough people like these three for it to be laugh out loud funny. Also, I'm kinda glad Gary didn't make an appearance this week. Good to see the "You're gonna get fired! FIRED!" joke isn't going to be over used :)

I can quite honestly say that this is the best episode yet. I can also quite honestly say it is still terrible. At this point, aiming for mediocrity would be a creative doozy.

Once again, the humor relies on switching words normally associated with humans to words normally associates with dogs; "man" is replaced with "dog," "hand" with "paw," and so forth. It isn't clever. It isn't funny. It's sad.

All of the characters are still deathly whirlpools of blandness, the "animated before a live studio audience" card is still lame, and Bethany's statements of "sigh" and "gasp" are still damned annoying.

What's funny is that you people apparently listened to us on one matter: Gary's intro. Unlike the others, this one didn't leave a negative impression on me. In fact, it left no impression on me. It's sad when my greatest compliment to a show is that a couple of seconds left no impression on me, positive or negative.

Is there no feeling of need to improve upon what you've created? If there is, I'm not seeing it.

To those of you reading the comments before watching the video, know this. If you didn't like the other six episodes, this will not change your mind.

This cracked a smile at least.
I saw definite improvement in this one.

It's weird to say it, but...

Good work on this one.

Now just please drop the live studio audience bit, it's still not funny.

Comments > cartoon always.

i dont know:
is this a furry series because i don't exactly agree with furries,its getting awkward to see how the internet is beginning to fill with them. PS no offense to whoever is one.

Well, define furry... The series is about anthropomorphic animals doing game development. It's not intended for a "furry" audience specifically. There will most likely not be any furry jokes in it other than "What the hell is a furry?!" =)

Bottom line, if you like dogs and jokes combining regular dog behavior mixed with human behavior you might just like this show.

Also saying you don't agree with furries is a rather wide statement as the "furry fandom" is as diverse as can be =P

Pipotchi:

ironically, a lot of artists recognize this:

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or