Doomsday Arcade: Episode 24

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

great video and to who ever owned the guitars in the seen with death beautiful Thunderbird keep up the work guys.

screw avatar depression what about lazer cat depression!

speeking of which i was expecting him to just have his lazer eyes flare and kill em

Man, Epic-Comedies are hard to do right, but DAMN if this series doesn't nail it. Can't wait to see what you do for the grand finale.

LAZER CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT, NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! DAMN YOU KRATOS, DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!! But still why didn't Jamal just charge after Kratos and shove that big ass drill into his chest? Huh, Kratos vs a Bouncer Big Daddy, sounds awesome.

aww not lazer cat =(!! what about all the lazer kittens ?!?!
amazing episode cant wait to see the last one!
totally worth the wait!

Freebird.:
I can't lose another friend...

That line made me hit my tears quota for today. ;__; I didn't expect such emotion. Baww.

Also I am intrigued as to what was on the poos in my face list, mainly because I want to see a list of who died, but also because I'm sure it's full of stupid jokes because Shanks got bored writing it. The murder montage was amazing, but I have no idea who most of those characters were. I'm a bad gamer. D8

That was, sad.
Very sad. Can't wait for the next one.

Miss Kass:
Also I am intrigued as to what was on the poos on my face list, mainly because I want to see a list of who died, but also because I'm sure it's full of stupid jokes because Shanks got bored writing it.

Looks like the latter, these were the clearest screens I could find of what's on the list:

I think I see "And his Squished face" on the bottom right, funny considering what he does to Toad :)

Mr Chips
And then this
But more
Of This
And That
Making
Mortified g--mbler (grumbler/gambler?)
There once was a man
Called Michael f---igan, he
Grew whiskers
This ---- ---- up
And ---- ---- -- again,
---- --- Michael....

Keep up the amazing work! You've hit everything and more with this series, and I sure as hell hope you make more stuff.

Being a HUGE cat lover myself, I was very sad and horrified of the ending. That was too realistic for me. I HATE seeing animals die. Poor laser cat. :(

Wolf Devastator:
Mr Chips
And then this
But more
Of This
And That
Making
Mortified g--mbler (grumbler/gambler?)
There once was a man
Called Michael f---igan, he
Grew whiskers
This ---- ---- up
And ---- ---- -- again,
---- --- Michael....

Ahh, the poem down the bottom is probably something along the lines of the kid's poem:

There was an old man called Michael Finnigan,
He grew whiskers on his chinigin.
The wind blew up and blew them in again,
Poor old Michael Finnigan - Begin again.

Thanks. <33

Miss Kass:
Ahh, the poem down the bottom is probably something along the lines of the kid's poem:

There was an old man called Michael Finnigan,
He grew whiskers on his chinigin.
The wind blew up and blew them in again,
Poor old Michael Finnigan - Begin again.

Thanks. <33

lol, that's funny. I figured he got it from some rhyme or something

laser cat..........why!?!?!?!?!

Stabby McRunfast:
Aw. That ending was unexpected. I'm sad now. Anywhoo, I loved the montage of general murders, especially the Morimoto stabbing. Genius!

Also the puns were so bad that it was hilarious. And Brucey definately shined in this one.

Can someone give me a list of all the murders? Also who was that mustard guy dancing near the end?

I've read through about 30 posts and no ones said it yet so. . . here I go...
*drum roll*
*more drum roll*
*pause*
*drum roll*
!!!!!!!!!!!!KLAYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLo Jones:

AvsJoe:
Now that's a montage!!! Oh and I hope Kratos suffers a fate worse than death!

TheNoirGuy:
That was pretty awesome. Who was the chicken guy dancing with Lund?

I have the same question. I'm pretty sure I got every other guess correct but the chicken eludes me.

Reaperman64:
It really took me surprise what shanks said...youve devolped great charecters in and internet spoof series...

WOW

and who was lund dancing with ><

lwm3398:
I'm sorry, I am ignorant of games. What's up with Lund's dance with the red and yellow robot thing?

Fabled my ass...

It was Klaymen, the protagonist from Neverhood. A fantastic point-and-click clay animation game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqzsjpQmSfw

Chameliondude:

AvsJoe:

TheNoirGuy:

I have the same question. I'm pretty sure I got every other guess correct but the chicken eludes me.

I think its clayman/klayman, the greatest puzzle game eva

For the love of all that is holy, watch my favourite bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsgRgmT9MA&feature=related

Soz, this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOVqeHlDks&feature=related

Here ya go.

Also, Anyone else been suspecting that Bruce might be from a video game? I've kind of thought it all along and it's very possible considering Laser Cat is a video game character that LEADS (correction: led) the resistance. I searched around a pinch on the interwebs, but couldn't really get past all the Bruce Lee characters in games... You'd think given how few australian protagonists in games there are it would be easy.. but no.

I almost died when Klaymen from the Neverhood showed up.

After all those puns and then that seen with him in it, i think i may need to chnage my pants.

But then lazercat...

/sniff

And this is the point of a show wherein they show a sympathy-inducing scene, which makes us more avid viewers. Keep it up on the clever writing!

TIMESWORDSMAN:

TheNamlessGuy:

TIMESWORDSMAN:
Probably not seeing as most of the material is copyrighted by other company's. Which means even if they did make a DVD, It wouldn't be legal to sell it.

But There Will Be Brawl is releasing an DVD.

They have a fuckload of copyrighted stuff.

Well, Either there is a loophole for parody that I am unaware of or they are being very naughty.

I think this is one of those legal grey areas that we all love so much.

The argument is fair use and parody vs. plagiarism. Doomsday and TWBB are particularly hard to clarify.

On the one hand, it's quite clearly parody. These characters are being presented in situations completely unlike anything they encounter in their respective games, with personalities quite removed from what we would expect.

On the other hand, it can be classified as plagiarism, because the original works are drawn on quite heavily with regards to physical appearance and abilities. Also, the owners of the various copyrights are not acknowledged in any way, which could lead to trouble.

This is obviously a very simplified version of these arguments.

This is also assuming that any gaming company wants to deal with the bad press that lawsuits against Doomsday and TWBB would result in.

enigmaforlorn:
Random thought. What happened to the Michaels' Understudys? The guys who got attacked by Liquid similar to how the first episode went?

They died.

But he had so much Lazor Pride.

Altheus_Necron:

TIMESWORDSMAN:

TheNamlessGuy:

TIMESWORDSMAN:
Probably not seeing as most of the material is copyrighted by other company's. Which means even if they did make a DVD, It wouldn't be legal to sell it.

Well, Either there is a loophole for parody that I am unaware of or they are being very naughty.

The argument is fair use and parody vs. plagiarism. Doomsday and TWBB are particularly hard to clarify.

On the one hand, it's quite clearly parody. These characters are being presented in situations completely unlike anything they encounter in their respective games, with personalities quite removed from what we would expect.

On the other hand, it can be classified as plagiarism, because the original works are drawn on quite heavily with regards to physical appearance and abilities. Also, the owners of the various copyrights are not acknowledged in any way, which could lead to trouble.

This is also assuming that any gaming company wants to deal with the bad press that lawsuits against Doomsday and TWBB would result in.

there is a difference between things like reproducing characters that are trademarked and actually using copyrighted material. The guys at DA reproduce all these characters, they do not use the copyrighted material i.e. video from games, sprites from games (maybe the goombas in one episode could be the one time).

DaveHz:

Altheus_Necron:

TIMESWORDSMAN:

TheNamlessGuy:

TIMESWORDSMAN:

there is a difference between things like reproducing characters that are trademarked and actually using copyrighted material. The guys at DA reproduce all these characters, they do not use the copyrighted material i.e. video from games, sprites from games (maybe the goombas in one episode could be the one time).

However, copyright law states that derivative works are owned by the original copyright holder, and defines derivative work as one containing characters from the original product.

This does mean that all fan-fiction is in breach of copyright.

The "loophole" is parody, which does not require permission of the copyright holder. So reproducing a character and writing a new story for them IS a copyright violation, however because it is a parody Doomsday Arcade IS NOT a copyright violation.

Confused yet?

Damn... such a sad ending to the episode... but a great episode nonetheless.
You've set high standards for this series so far. I hope for more excellence, and know there will be more excellence.

that was a disturbing death for poor lazer cat

Wolf Devastator:

GLo Jones:

AvsJoe:

TheNoirGuy:

Reaperman64:
It really took me surprise what shanks said...youve devolped great charecters in and internet spoof series...

WOW

and who was lund dancing with ><

lwm3398:
I'm sorry, I am ignorant of games. What's up with Lund's dance with the red and yellow robot thing?

Fabled my ass...

It was Klaymen, the protagonist from Neverhood. A fantastic point-and-click clay animation game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqzsjpQmSfw

Chameliondude:

AvsJoe:

TheNoirGuy:

I think its clayman/klayman, the greatest puzzle game eva

For the love of all that is holy, watch my favourite bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsgRgmT9MA&feature=related

Soz, this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBOVqeHlDks&feature=related

Here ya go.

But what about 'the battle of Robot Bill'?! My favourite part by far.

L-l-l-azer cat?
*Falls to knees*
*sobs*
Worth the wait.

TheNoirGuy:

AvsJoe:

The chicken guy was Klayman from the point'n'click game The Neverhood. Possibly the most awesome reference they've made in the entire series. That or the "Oddjob is too small to easily shoot" joke. Ah the rage he cause in Goldeneye multiplayer! :-P

someboredguy:
I love the use of camera angles and the montage of killing the Generals.

Also "NOOOOOOO, NOT LAZER CAT! ANYONE BUT LAZER CAT!" *cry*

I feel your pain. I was actually genuinly sad when that happened. I think michael is going insane.

Damn, this episode was so awesome! I loved the montage that was just full of random cameos and amazing puns! I do have a couple of questions: What does Shanks say after he kills the guy with the lightsaber? It might be a joke I wouldn't get anyway but I can't actually hear what he's saying. Also, who is the guy with Lund? It was funny but I think it would have been funnier if I'd actually known who he was. Anyway, great job guys, this was one of the best episodes yet with all the quickfire jokes that didn't lose their quality. Can't wait for the finale although I'm going to be really sad when it's over. "How high can you get?" had me rolling on the floor!

Nicely done! This remains my favourite show on the site. Why this hasn't been promoted on the frontpage is beyond me though. Shame on you, Russ! I mean, you're in it and all!

grate song at the part with Lund

come to think about it all the music is good on this show would like to have a copy or buy or

A veritable whirlwind of references, though I was hoping for a physical appearance by Mister Touchdown. I suppose they already met the lightsaber quota, though.

Also, Kratos better get ready to press X not to die...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here