Doomsday Arcade: Episode 24

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

HK_01:
Good episode. Was worth the wait.

Edit: Why does the Escapist put GameDogs up there in the highlights instead of this. First, this show's much better. Second, it's your second last episode!

This.

Goddammmit, this is the best damn show on the entire The Escapist, while GameDogs is the worst idea for a show ever, and this doesn't even get headline???

Brilliant episode, yet again.

"Wario's assault will save us!"
"But, mein Brother. Wario is dead!"
Perfect "Downfall(Der Untergang)" - reference.

With that music in the beginning, during the storm, I was expecting something with World of Goo (its like the song Cog in the Machine).

Brilliant how shanks completely lost it, and how the others seem pretty indifferent, after the death of laser cat, haha.

I hate Kratos now...

well worth the wait guys, fantastic.

Definitely my favorite episode... But one thing puzzles me.

Where can I find this version of the song from Neverhood? At least a name will do.

It sounds like Klaymen's theme...but it's not...

RiP Lazer Cat. He died with laser honor, and the lazor kittens shall nom freedom before the last laserday!

Lazer Cat, we salute you!

DarkSaber:
That or the "Oddjob is too small to easily shoot" joke. Ah the rage he cause in Goldeneye multiplayer! :-P

Actually, if anyone chose Oddjob against me I would just aim slightly lower every time I respawned. Headshots with every bullet. After a while, no one would use him against me.

AvsJoe:

DarkSaber:
That or the "Oddjob is too small to easily shoot" joke. Ah the rage he cause in Goldeneye multiplayer! :-P

Actually, if anyone chose Oddjob against me I would just aim slightly lower every time I respawned. Headshots with every bullet. After a while, no one would use him against me.

Not such a great tactic in 4-player though.

DarkSaber:

AvsJoe:

DarkSaber:

Not such a great tactic in 4-player though.

Body shots were body shots, same damage whether to the chest or stomach. Besides, it doesn't matter at all when I had an explosive weapon or the Golden Gun. Or the RCP-90 for that matter; small burst-fire and everyone dies with that gun.

cant wait for the ending
'Dont worry guys, I found the memory stick I saved laser cat on'

"This is a list of casualties and shit"

Awesome little bits like that make the show.

The guy dancing with him was Klaymen from The Neverhood and Skullmonkeys. Look em up, great games.

That was worth every nanosecond of waiting!

But poor Lazer Cat :(

Hamster at Dawn:
Damn, this episode was so awesome! I loved the montage that was just full of random cameos and amazing puns! I do have a couple of questions: What does Shanks say after he kills the guy with the lightsaber? It might be a joke I wouldn't get anyway but I can't actually hear what he's saying.

The main character in the video games Star Wars: Dark Forces and Star Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast is Kyle Katarn, so he something along the lines of Kyle Katarn-half (Kyle Cut-in-half), he admits to it being an awful pun lol

winglessdragon:
grate song at the part with Lund

come to think about it all the music is good on this show would like to have a copy or buy or

Yea, I was wondering if he made the music himself, Escapist made the music for him, or if it came from whatever program he is using to edit the videos.

Wow, I wasn't expecting a sad ending to that one. Bravo! I'm annoyed this isn't in the highlights, It shouldn't take over a week for me to find this. Why the hell is Game Dogs and Rebecca Mayes Muses above this?....

Raurik:
Also, Anyone else been suspecting that Bruce might be from a video game? I've kind of thought it all along and it's very possible considering Laser Cat is a video game character that LEADS (correction: led) the resistance. I searched around a pinch on the interwebs, but couldn't really get past all the Bruce Lee characters in games... You'd think given how few australian protagonists in games there are it would be easy.. but no.

I always thought that Bruce was a reference to Saxton Hale from the TF2 universe.

Lazercat, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Great episode guys. To be honest, I thought the middle of the show got a little off-track and hard to follow, but this seems to be bringing things to an epic conclusion.

NOOOO! Lasercat, You shall be avenged!
Man, the finale is going to be good...

Nooo poor Laser Cat why poor poor Laser Cat. Oh and nice No More Heroes joke too by the way. I hope we get to she Travis and the Prince from PoP in the last episode. *sniff* I'm going to miss you guys. With Unforgotten Realms gone all I have is Doomsday Arcade left for Thursdays and now it's almost done.

enigmaforlorn:

PayneTrayne:

enigmaforlorn:
*snip* I'm still trying to figure out who that short guy with the bowler hat was.

Assuming this isn't a joke, that's Oddjob from Goldeneye.

Ah, thanks. Didn't play the 64 much other than Zelda, Mario, and SSB. Now I'm probably going to think of all the other famous game characters that are either still alive or haven't been referenced. There Will Be Brawl still has a few characters left, the Prince of Persia, Master Chief, maybe even "Soap" MacTavish.

there will be brawl only did super smash brothers characters.

if u hadn't noticed.

Aww man, now I can't play God of War anymore without raging that Kratos killed Lazer Cat.

:'(

I want a Lazer Cat head key chain.

I suggest that anyone who wishes to pay Lazer Cat his respect should use the Lazer Cat badge until his death is avenged.

Who's with me?

Bootkiller:
I suggest that anyone who wishes to pay Lazer Cat his respect should use the Lazer Cat badge until his death is avenged.

Who's with me?

Yep, I moved it from my 4th badge all the way up to my 1st badge after I saw the episode, all must do the same

KRATOOOOOOOOOOOOS! He's dead, Shanks. Let it go.

greyden:
Definitely my favorite episode... But one thing puzzles me.

Where can I find this version of the song from Neverhood? At least a name will do.

It sounds like Klaymen's theme...but it's not...

it isn't a version of a song from Neverhood.
It's actually a version of the Doomsday Arcade Theme, only in the musical style of Neverhood.
Very well done, DA = coolness.

But I love Laser Cat..
I'm going to cry now. :(

many many amazing things in this episode. i have liked you guys from the start, always thought the writing was good but when shanks breaks at the death of lasercat, wow i am throughly impressed. that kind of emotion is quite difficult to achieve in film. i was also sooooooo excited to finally get the bruce back story, after "back story pending" for so long, this was brilliant. i feel a martyrdom coming on however. his heart is a live grenade. LIVE people. i also sign for a DVD release, i really dont want to lose access to this series :(

ok, during the killing spree i recognized every character except the short guy in the bowler cap... and im probably gonna feel stupid want you tell me

also i think i know why no one saw kratos. laser cat is on the ground, so when he is talking everyone is looking down, by our viewpoint at eye level with laser cat we can see kratos behind him but as everyone else is looking at the ground maybe they could not.

Bootkiller:

Who's with me?

You have my badges!

its the doomsday arcade theme mixed into the neverhood so yea..maybe look in ian dorsch's page for something like it

so far ive got for the killing montage:
DR Eggman/Dr. Robotnik - Sonic
Agent 47 - Hitman
Kyle Katan - Star Wars
Sonic and Knuckles - Sonic
PAC-MAN - *obvious
Faith - Mirror's Edge
Nathan Drake - Uncharted
-Clueless-
Rayman - Rayman
Oddjob - Goldeneye 007
-Clueless-
Toadette - Super Mario
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong (woo praise to billy mitchell though lol)

Cpt_Googe:
so far ive got for the killing montage:
DR Eggman/Dr. Robotnik - Sonic
Agent 47 - Hitman
Kyle Katan - Star Wars
Sonic and Knuckles - Sonic
PAC-MAN - *obvious
Faith - Mirror's Edge
Nathan Drake - Uncharted
-Clueless-
Rayman - Rayman
Oddjob - Goldeneye 007
-Clueless-
Toadette - Super Mario
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong (woo praise to billy mitchell though lol)

If by the first "Clueless" you mean the little head that pops up as Bruce and Shanks are joking, that's Ryuta Kawashima from the Brain Training series, although I'm not sure if he was actually supposed to be one of the Generals. The one after Oddjob was Raz from Psychonauts.

I don't know how much backlash this will get, but I'm going to say it anyway. The Neversoft/Skullmonkeys reference, with Lund walking like Klaymen, is the best part of the series so far.

Also, LAZERCAT IS DEAD, LONG LIVE LAZERCAT!!

Lazer Cat?!
LAZER CAT?!
LAAAAAZEEER CAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!??!?!?!

OT: very funny episode, classic general killing/pun montage. Funniest ones were rayman and raz for pure abstract design.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here