Doomsday Arcade: Episode 24

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Pentarch:
The death of laser cat has definite meme potential.

Shhh, don't spoil the inevitable...

...course there's also this thing having to do with Doomsday Arcade being a parody.

I was under the impression this was the finale, because everyone is requesting DVD's and such.
This was a pretty great episode.
Probably my favortie (minus the first episode, first episode rules!!!)
Great puns
"Toadette? More like Toadead"
lolololz

Great work guys can't wait for the next episode.

what the hell :P Where you guys trippin' ballz while making this? xD
P.s: I LOOOoooooooooooooooove that you placed the neverhood in it..
Most awesome underrated game <3 : (

The end had great writing and a feeling of sadness I did not expect. The rest was okay. The characters were cool and the puns were so bad they were good, but I wish there was an awesome fight scene, save for the brilliant Billy Mitchell bit.

That may have been the best montage I have ever seen, even if I didn't know most of the games. The puns, the singing, the crazy facial expressions. It all made for an awesome experience. And then... We lost LazerCat. And Michael delivered a stunning portrayal of a mental breakdown. All this practically guarantees one hell of a finale.

i laughed so hard at the part with Oddjob xD (miss, miss, miss, miss damn he's to small!)

Ahh...

I must say, this episode felt a bit rushed. Well, very rushed. It's well done, but all of that could have spanned 3 episodes, easily, without feeling stretched out.
Don't rush the episodes. I think people would rather wait than have the quality go spiraling.

Voodoomancer:
Don't rush the episodes. I think people would rather wait than have the quality go spiraling.

Unfortunately, this was the 2nd to last episode, so it had to be rushed. Just imagine how rushed the last episode might seem O.o

no lazer cat r.i.p *cry*=-(

Whaaaat?! This has been up for almost a week now? Totally kick-ass episode by the way, the murder montage was amazing. And Bruce's method to killing Magikarp is much more effecient than what I use. We need more of him, he's too awesome!!

And obligatory Laser Cat "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!".

ColdStorage:
Not him! NOT HIM!

ectormorph:
Laser cat. Noooooo.

Is he going to take the head with him all next episode?

EVERYDAY will be LazerCat day!

I fixed it for you.

I'm sure most of your audience is American and has never heard of it but the Port Arthur joke went way too far. =/

Still, a great montage scene, haven't seen one that good since South Park.

Wolf Devastator:

Voodoomancer:

Unfortunately, this was the 2nd to last episode, so it had to be rushed. Just imagine how rushed the last episode might seem O.o

So they can't make more than 25 episodes? Limited contract or something?

Voodoomancer:

Wolf Devastator:

Voodoomancer:

So they can't make more than 25 episodes? Limited contract or something?

I'm not the person to know, but I'd guess that they 'could' renew the series or make a completely new series, but something might be holding it back. Such as the creators not having enough free time to do it or (though I'd like to think not) The Escapist doesn't want to renew it for some reason. I'd assume that they have it set up so that the previous Film Festival's winner's series ends once the next year's winner is decided, but I reeeeeally hope that A Good Knights Quest isn't 'replacing' Doomsday Arcade, I was disappointed when that was picked as the winner.

crimsongamer:
why is it that when someones wants to tell their kids about a great adventure they always die....

There's a trope for that.

This was awesome and weird!

I'm assuming that this is one of the episodes that go before the last episode.

Oh dear, so much death, things are getting intense. Poor laser cat, why did he have to say those words, they were his demise!

PS: It was quite cool to come for a holiday after two weeks of training in the army and see another episode of Doomsday Arcade. Thanks guys. This stuff keeps me going, among other things.

Damn I loved lazer cat.... :(

I hope Lund kicks Kratos ass!

Sam G:
I'm amazed they managed to go the whole series without a single Final Fantasy character.

Maybe they couldn't amass the amount of hair and belts needed.

Woah woah woah woah woah woah woah. Woah woah woah. Woah.

Is it me, or at the part with Sonic....does that tree have a face?

I didn't get the game over badge....
I've watched all the episodes but didnt get it D:

Which stinks because I like it alot and was going to put it on display next to my Brawl badge

daxterx2005:

Which stinks because I like it alot and was going to put it on display next to my Brawl badge

hasn't happened for me yet either, i've watched all the episodes i could have possibly watched for the first time while logged out (before i signed up for an account).
there isn't a single episode i haven't watched at least twice, i keep thinking about which one i might have missed, i've watched the one with the dice lord over 15 times, the one with Toad's chance to kill the Michaels over 10 times, and finally this one over 12 times, that in itself should grant badges :D

DaveHz:

daxterx2005:

hasn't happened for me yet either, i've watched all the episodes i could have possibly watched for the first time while logged out (before i signed up for an account).
there isn't a single episode i haven't watched at least twice, i keep thinking about which one i might have missed, i've watched the one with the dice lord over 15 times, the one with Toad's chance to kill the Michaels over 10 times, and finally this one over 12 times, that in itself should grant badges :D

yeah, I know for a fact that I've seen them all (while logged in) because I marathoned them all again once episode 24 came out.
So, I've defiantly watched them all at least twice.

On topic, it will be a shame when this series ends, With out There will be brawl or Doomsday Arcade, the video selection will be pretty mediocre. (save for ZP and Movie bob of course)

KLAYMAN!

LASER CAT D:

Ambient2100:

Mykonos:
:O
Last minute was...strangely great writing...even for a internet comedy show...

Yeah indeed, it was very great!

Also, Im not gonna buy God of War 3 now, after what Kratos did to Lazer Cat!

especially after they worked that scene into the penultimate level when he takes a break to stop the resistance :D.

daxterx2005:

The game over badge is only available after seeing ALL 26 episodes, some people here still can't count apparently (Wolf devastator has the badge yet he insists that there are only gonna be 25 total.)

this is getting too serious for my liking. great episode none the less.

Man, I wish I can tell my lazer kittens how awesome this series.
I really hope the death of lazer cat wasn't senseless.
Come on, you guys! That was like Samuel L. Jackson gets eaten by a shark after his speech in Deep Blue Sea. Yeah, lazer cat was the Samuel in the series. What tragic end... :C

Zeeky_Santos:

daxterx2005:

The game over badge is only available after seeing ALL 26 episodes, some people here still can't count apparently (Wolf devastator has the badge yet he insists that there are only gonna be 25 total.)

Zeeky is correct, I got caught up in all this "it's ending" and "will there be a DVD" discussion that I figured the end was coming sooner than it really is (I was pretty sure I read somewhere that there was only one more episode).

I think that the badge was fixed so that you have to watch the "actual" finale before you get the badge (instead of like 23 episodes and 3 previews), so if you hadn't watched all the episodes before they caught the mistake you didn't get it.

Here are some characters I think need to be in the next episode.
Master chief.
Samus.
Captain falcon.
Bowser.
TF Announcer.
Game & Watch.
Kirby.
Some random final fantasy character (possibly cloud).

I can foresee God of War III sales going down drastically.

So sad this show is ending. I love this show and I hope they continue making this stuff or something quite like it. Great episode however, loved the general killing spree, though I was sad to see Raz side with the NPCs, perhaps they held Lili hostage, otherwise why wasn't she there too?

Anyway I do have a few questions: Who was the character who was dancing with Lund? Are we ever going to learn how peach died or is that an inside joke I already missed? I read some comments on the previous episodes saying this was the last one, but that doesn't seem likely, so does that mean they are taking a break before they make more?

And most importantly, when is Mega Man going to show up and who is going to fight him? I think the Australian guy or the Big Daddy could take him, but I'm not so sure about Lund, especially in his new state of grief. Perhaps Zero will show up and save them, getting himself blown up in the process like he always seems to do. Perhaps while I'm speculating on stuff that will never happen in this series I can imagine Laharl showing up and chopping Toad in half because Flonne bugged him to save Lund.

I also wonder if more than 25% of the people reading this will get that last part.

War Monkey782:
Here are some characters I think need to be in the next episode.
Master chief.
Samus.
Captain falcon.
Bowser.
TF Announcer.
Game & Watch.
Kirby.
Some random final fantasy character (possibly cloud).

I can foresee God of War III sales going down drastically.

The first three should be in the battle against the last surviving humans, the others should fight Lund because they would sort of make sense (Bowser because he's going against Mario, the TF announcer because they slaughtered the TF2 guys, Game & Watch and Kirby will fit anywhere, you could even have kirby aborb Lund and then spit him back out after he gains his NPC killing abilities and desire to avenge Laser Cat, not sure about the FF character, because that depends on which one you put in).

The absolute best thing that would happen is if there was a hidden level in GoW III where you fought a giant cat that shot lasers from it's eyes and it's laser kitten minions, and then when you won the level all the other titans and gods and things show up and call you a murderous a-hole.

What's probably going to happen though, is that Laser Cat's head will come alive one last time to shoot Kratos in the crotch, allowing the newly reformed Shanks to decapitate him with his own arm blades. Because as weird as this series gets, I don't think they are going to kill Shanks unless he kills Mario before he goes.

Man!!!Laser cat was the best!...oh well at least there was some epic insight to Bruce,Grenade hearts are awsome!!

I haven't watched the entire series yet, but this episode was awesome, though a few parts made me feel like I was disoriented.

Timtimfed:
Episode 24

Shanks and Bruce fight their way through the legions of Mario's Generals.

Watch Video

When will we get the next episode?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook