The Pocket Gamer Report: Handhelds Can't Play God of War III

The Pocket Gamer Report: Handhelds Can't Play God of War III

When handhelds can't handle big titles, innovation becomes the focus.

Read Full Article

Great Article! We'll get our handheld GoW 3 some day....

When handhelds can't handle the pretty, devs are forced to work on mechanics again.

I fixed your sub title!

PayJ567:
Great Article! We'll get our handheld GoW 3 some day....

One day...but I wonder how many discs...lol

PSP 4?? Doubt it.

This article pretty much describes the reason I think it'd be a good thing if the gaming industry would freeze hardware requirements for a decade or so. That way the graphics race would quickly become a pointless endeavor and devs would have to stand out because of their games' gameplay and storytelling rather than the shininess of their graphics.

Not to mention it'd help save gamers some bucks by not forcing them to upgrade their system every so often to keep up with the latest generation of games.

shut up shut up shut up

But-but there is already God of War for the handhelds! It's called Chains of Olympus. So what if it's not as pretty as the soon-to-be-released PS3 game? It plays almost exactly like the home console versions! And why are handheld games "shallow" compared to the console versions? Can you honestly call something like Monster Hunter Portable shallow with a straight face?

So wouldn't home-console game devs be able to looka t what worked well on handhelds, and then use their innovatie ideas in their next home-comsole game?

So the handheld market would also function as a proving ground for innovative ideas, which could then get a chance to make it to the home consoles as well?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here