Unskippable: Avatar

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Dear God the graphics on this game are almost as bad as the storyline.

Ha ha, is there no custscene that can't be improved by the addition of dry sarcastic disembodied voices? I once doubted, but after this display I put forward there indeed isn't.

No wonder this game is actually losing money to whatever company grabbed the franchise. If they're using N64 cutscene creating standards, I won't even think of what they're doing to the gameplay.

The Falco joke made me lol.

"Why didn't you park closer?"

Because there's no way in hell I'm gonna pay $10 for a spot.

The Random One:
Ha ha, is there no custscene that can't be improved by the addition of dry sarcastic disembodied voices? I once doubted, but after this display I put forward there indeed isn't.

No wonder this game is actually losing money to whatever company grabbed the franchise. If they're using N64 cutscene creating standards, I won't even think of what they're doing to the gameplay.

Ubisoft, thought they'd cash in, how'd that work out for ya hah?!

They would've done better using clips from the movie, their wasn't one, in fact the game is a prequel, so the ending to the storyline no matter your chosen faction is "Well Done, You've done repetitive bullshit for several hours and the conclusion of your efforts is Null.

At least other prequel games out there would make me go "Ahhh so thats how it all began" or other such revelations, not this game.

Its only redeeming factor? I got to kill Blue People when chosing the Human Faction, awwh yeah.

sadly this game could've actually of had potential.

Great episode. Still doesn't quite match to the ridiculous JRPG cutscenes though.

If this guy is amazing for standing up, stumbling a little and sitting back down, I'm a fricken legend. XD

Game was short, stupid and...I'll admit I used a trainer to get all the abilities instead of grinding my knuckles to get everything in the game.

Onyx Oblivion:
Heh. I rented that game. Wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. Better than your average movie game. Barely.

Looks pretty poor from the cutscene there. Bad rendering, people just standing around, you play as an anonymous grunt rather than Jake Sully, I'd have to see the gameplay to be convinced but that intro doesn't do much to make it look good. Good one to give the Unskippable treatment.

Onyx Oblivion:
Heh. I rented that game. Wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. Better than your average movie game. Barely.

The game *looks* like ass, though I've never played it. I will take your word that it is better than this cutscene makes it out to be though.

Seriously, why Ubisoft? Why?? Yahtzee has helpful advice for this instance; working as a movie does not entitle an idea to work as a game. I understand that it was an easy cash-in, but some money pits are not worth the investment.\

At least they have pledged not to do this anymore.

Lord_Panzer:
The Falco joke made me lol.

I just now got it. I guess I was too ready for a "Falco, PAUNCH" joke.

Played this in a store last Christmas so I can't really remember many details but I do remember thinking it was pretty mediocre, even for a film-based game.

Very repetitive with a lot of "go-here-do-this and then RTB" missions which aren't really all that fun in any game. Would probably have been better as an FPS, kinda like Fallout 3 but in a jungle, so I wouldn't have to use that shock-wave thing every twenty seconds to break up the clusterfuck of dog-things that surrounded me from all sides whenever I took a single step forward.

The graphics felt like I was playing a late PS2 to mid Xbox game. I suggest an episode with classic game opening scenes and call it UnSkippable Rapid Fire starting with NES games. Otherwise I look forward to this weeks ENN and next weeks UnSkippable.

Everyone's pointing out Ashley from Mass Effect, but did anyone else notice Lambert from Splinter Cell as the scientist guy? (Princess)

webrunner:
The one game they could have actually justified a a tutorial instructing you how to walk, and they don't take the opportunity.

Dammit, Sully trying out his Avatar body for the first time was the best part of the movie, how could they turn it into something so lame?

The draw distance seems pretty low and masked by fog. It's a neat trick to lower spec reqs but in a tie in game to a movie that basically has nothing but 'OMG! The graphics!' going for it seems like a bad design choice. This game looked like it was made for PS2. And under normal circumstances it would be fine, but this is hardly normal circumstances.
And pop in (out in this case) in a cut scene? Sheesh.

"You use to call me princess!"

Every week I'm reminded why I love this show.

Sigourney Weaver scares me now. Thanks, Avatar: The Game. You ruined her for me!

Wait.... why are they all black?

Seems like they tried really hard to not be faithful to the movie.

You guys should really do an iriff of Avatar. Oh and yeah she does look terrible in the cutscene especially compared to the movie.

The Commissar:
Dear God the graphics on this game are almost as bad as the storyline.

Now that's just cruel.

Great episode guys! Loved the baking oven!

Whenever I'll be told to leave something quickly, I'll think back to this moment:)

PayJ567:
Oh man those jokes at the end got me good. Great show guys!

Agreed! Keep it up! =D

Wow, glad I watched the movie before this. If people had the game to go off of before the movie, you can bet it would have tanked.
1200 points to G&P for the Microsoft riff.

Why were that Kendra's legs really far apart?

going upon this cutscene, im guessing the game is fairly cack.

alos great ep :D

what i hate about this game? you. cant. walk!

you want to move ten feet infront of you? well you're gunna need to hunch down and run like your being chased by viperwolves, becuse thats what you will be doing.

see that narrow bridge conecting two floating islands together ten-thousand feet off the ground? forget slow and stedy pal! BOLT ACROSS IT! i mean you dont want to stay ON that thing do you!?

ahh a nice and peiceful Na'vi villege. lets just RUN THROUGH THE ENTIRE CROWD! NO TIME TO SMELL THE FLOWERS BOI! GO GO GO!

Forgive my squirrely ignorance, but wasn't Avatar about some crippled guy who gets assimilated into some other race? What happened to him, who are these new characters, why should I care about them and why does Sigourney Weaver look like she was chiseled out of a stalagtite?

The Great JT:
Forgive my squirrely ignorance, but wasn't Avatar about some crippled guy who gets assimilated into some other race? What happened to him, who are these new characters, why should I care about them and why does Sigourney Weaver look like she was chiseled out of a stalagtite?

its a "prequl" so Jake Sully is still about 2 or 3 years behind the charicter you play.

i bought this game expecting to be able to play as a na'vi itself. not a dang Avatar.

and why the heck dose my Avatar not have one of those plug-in things on its head?

Lol, I had a good laugh at the "good at what" part :D

Mt. Brigadoon!

Ghostwise:
I thought that was one of the worst ones yet. Seeing as how they are all pretty good though that isn't such a bad thing heh. That game looks aweful.

considering what they had to work with, it was fairly good.

and yes, the game is the embodiment or all things 'suck', the android bomberman was fairly close though.

How Could James Cameron let this happen?

wow...for a movie that almost beat every single record at the box office, they could put a little more money into the game? the movie had a game type story line, game idea, game everything!!! i would think making a game of this they would put at least a bit more work & money into it... aside from its very very very bad look...wasn't the main guy in a wheel chair in the movie?... they didn't have enough money in the cut scene animation to at least put in a wheel chair?!

that was the easiest tutorial ever!

so this 200 million dollar movie is made into a game with crap graphics,and this is a cut scene where the graphics are supposed to be better, makes you think, well not me myself but maybe someone who thinks.

so are we basically playing a game about a guy who goes inside a thing like a game (thats like a george forman grill) and we play as who again?

tobad the navi don't have video games it would be like a game inside a game inside a game AND IF THE GAME WAS ANIMAL CROSSING!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here