Stolen Pixels #173: Riddled

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #173: Riddled

The Riddler's plans are more nefarious than they first appear.

Read Full Article

Did you just get around to playing that game?

Anywho: I definitely felt the Riddler was out of place. HOW DID HE GET THE SPRAYPAINT IN UNDERGROUND CATACOMBS?!

The riddles were fun, though. Minus the "?" hunting ones.

I can imagine the Riddler just walking around Arkham, placing various puzzles for Batman.

Henchman: Hey Riddler, whatcha you doin'?
Riddler: Planting devious puzzles for Batman to wrack his brain over.
Henchman: Will that kill him?
Riddler: What? No! I mean yes! It will destroy his spirit!
Henchman: Yeah, but will that kill him?
Riddler: This conversation is over.

The weird thing is, I can totally see the Batman as an Achievement Whore. It would just make so much sense...

haha, that final panel is a killer. :D

Haha "would i get a achievement for that" xD

Achievements aside, I actually had fun with the Riddler. There were a few that I essentially had but you had to view it at the perfect angle so I was just content knowing I solved it rather than actually getting the check, but it was a very fun part of Arkham Asylum.

Onyx Oblivion:

Anywho: I definitely felt the Riddler was out of place. HOW DID HE GET THE SPRAYPAINT IN UNDERGROUND CATACOMBS?!

Magic. That is the only explanation.

He used Riddlermagic.

addeB:
Haha "would i get a achievement for that" xD

Sounds like something people would ask! XD

Batman's gone senile!

Strangely enough, I thought the Riddler's riddles were kinda misplaced and didn't really fit. They all revolved around Batman villans so if you knew your comic book history it was pretty easy and you'd wonder why he would leave an answer sheet lying all over the place.

maddawg IAJI:
Strangely enough, I thought the Riddler's riddles were kinda misplaced and didn't really fit. They all revolved around Batman villans so if you knew your comic book history it was pretty easy and you'd wonder why he would leave an answer sheet lying all over the place.

To call you out on being inferior to his wit, He does it after the 1st one you find and continues to call you out as a cheater the closer you get to 100% Plus didn't he say he set up bombs or something too?

And I was hoping Scarecrow would show up to make things fun again...ah well. Seeing how Riddler's a good baddie, I'll let it slide.

Apart from the glowing question marks where you have to line up the dot perfectly, most of them are quite easy/uncomplicated if you already know a little bit about Batman (or quite a lot, maybe?). What annoyed me, though, was the last 2 sets of teeth in Arkham Manor. I completed the game without them. I think they may have been the only thing I had to go back for afterwards...

It did seem somewhat out of place, Batman who is all gloomy broody when talking to villains goes hunting after little green question marks 30 seconds later. But, we forgive those we love. :D

fantastic as always :)

This was the same reason why I took too long beating Fable 2.

The first paragraph had me laughing out loud :D

RIDDLER FOR THE NEXT BATMAN MOVIE!!

random i know, but yea got arkham asylum, purchased a ps3 for it :D after saving the day played for a while longer getting the riddler stuff, it was fun :D

I also suspected Batman was a kleptomaniac...

I liked the inclusion of the Riddler. Added some context and allowed the Batman to rest in between beating up stuff and having the bones mend.

Also, Batman has to give time to all the beaten up goons to heal up as well, so they can go to the next place to be beaten up.

The Riddler sidequests were what drove the final nail into the coffin as far as Arkham Asylum goes. I'm not a big fan of Batman and I didn't like the game all that much, but all the collectables just annoyed me to hell. If I ignored them, I felt like I was missing out, but if I went looking for them, I'd spend too much time in detective vision staring at walls. Basically, they made the game FAR less fun, and I didn't find it much fun to begin with...

I love sidequests that consist of nothing but looking for and collecting things. It appeals to my self-destrucive and obsessive-compulsive side.

Although looking for the teeth did irritate me. They don't show up on the map, damnit!

I thought the payoff for collecting them all was fantastic. I had a big grin plastered all over my face when I got the final one, and the transmission kicked in.

When he called me on using the internet to cheat (what, I blame those God damn teeth) I pretty much shat myself.

His stuff was ridiculously out of place (did he have a permit for transporting that heavy equipment required to excavate hidden chambers before walling them up?) but I didn't care, it just somehow worked in the grand scheme of things.

Bats is a total achievement whore though.

Cosplay Horatio:

Same here. Some of those keys were excruciatingly difficult to get and it took me half an hour to tag the gargoyle behind the carriage. Stupid completionist achievement!

...If the bomb did go off, that would make the next game much more exciting, entire city insane... All it needs is spider-man .. and iron man and a skeleton with a guitar axe weapon.. yeahh best game ever, yeahhhh.

DomesticParasite:
...If the bomb did go off, that would make the next game much more exciting, entire city insane... All it needs is spider-man .. and iron man and a skeleton with a guitar axe weapon.. yeahh best game ever, yeahhhh.

Did someone call for Spider-Man?

lodo_bear:

DomesticParasite:

Did someone call for Spider-Man?

"With this mask Spiderman stroke all criminal"
hahahahahaha Brilliant.

Its so true, I'm working on getting the last twenty riddle things done and I'll be completely done that, damn my achievement whoring ways

Good one! I haven't played B:AA yet, but it's true of all RPGs :D

AvsJoe:

Cosplay Horatio:

Same here. Some of those keys were excruciatingly difficult to get and it took me half an hour to tag the gargoyle behind the carriage. Stupid completionist achievement!

Plus the fucking demon doors being little bitches! GRRRRR! Especially that demon door that wants your pet to amuse him. I soon said "FUCK YOU! I did everything my pet could do, and your still not amused???"

In fact, fuck Fable 2 all together.

BloodyThoughts:

AvsJoe:

Cosplay Horatio:

Plus the fucking demon doors being little bitches! GRRRRR! Especially that demon door that wants your pet to amuse him. I soon said "FUCK YOU! I did everything my pet could do, and your still not amused???"

In fact, fuck Fable 2 all together.

Really? That door was one of the ones I liked. The one that pissed me off the most was the one who made you look ridiculous what with the mutton chops and all. It may have been a glorified fetch quest but I hated changing my appearance for stupid reasons (like the goth achievement).

Shamus, the comic is great, but what really makes this Stolen Pixels win for me is your description of a typical Joker scheme. Very inspired, albeit disturbing, stuff!

Lucane:

maddawg IAJI:

To call you out on being inferior to his wit, He does it after the 1st one you find and continues to call you out as a cheater the closer you get to 100% Plus didn't he say he set up bombs or something too?

I remember him saying there were bombs that he set up all over city, and if Batman fails he blows up city.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here