Stolen Pixels #174: Better Than Aquaman

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #174: Better Than Aquaman

Sometimes, you just have to settle for the less-super-hero.

Read Full Article

Fool!
Batman has the mighty power of precognition! He has exactly the right tools to deal with any given situation at any time. Who would win a fight between Batman and Superman? Batman of course! He would just so happen to be carrying kryptonite spray or perhaps a superhero repellent stick, or something else equally convienient.

Wow, all the DC heroes to pick from, and Aquaman was among the "4 best"? Must have been slim pickings back in the 70's. :/

Funny ^^ Interesting thing to read whilst you eat "breakfast" (2 in the afternoon over here xD), I keep thinking I need to play that game. ;)

If Batman can create Bat Antishark Spray I reckon he could probably come up with Bat Antisuperman Spray too.

Batman would totally own Kal-El (Superman) anyday of the week. He's that resourceful.

*adding fuel to the Batman vs Superman debate*

http://www.biggercheese.com/index.php?comic=608

Eh, I'd just be glad we got someone in a cape.

And yet they still haven't made a good Superman game. Why do you suppose that is?

paragon1:
And yet they still haven't made a good Superman game. Why do you suppose that is?

No challenge

Awww. Poor Batman, lol. Although it is true...he is just a rich nut!

warbaloon:

paragon1:

No challenge

Maybe if they went with God-level pre-Crisis Superman, but there would be at least some if they tone down his powers just a tad. Or maybe the challenge could be a "not shattering the earth into cosmic dust everytime you fart" time situation?

paragon1:
Maybe if they went with God-level pre-Crisis Superman, but there would be at least some if they tone down his powers just a tad. Or maybe the challenge could be a "not shattering the earth into cosmic dust everytime you fart" time situation?

"Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex"-themed h-game?

sexylori33:
Who cares!!! My boyfriend thinks the same with me. He- is eight years older than me, lol. We met online at- A_ge_m_i_n_g_le @ c-o--m a nice and free place for Younger- Women and Older Men, or Older Women and Younger Men, to- interact with each other. Maybe you wanna check out or- tell your friends.

My banhammer senses are tingling.

I always despised Superman, even from a young age, for being a Christ figure (not that I have any problem with Christ). If you want to read good stuff like that, read Silver Surfer (because if your character is Christ, he should probably fight the devil). I think another problem that stems from Superman's perfection is that the popularity of the superhero, the more "all-over-the-place" the writing is likely to be as it switches authors. Many will be reactionaries, trying to "fix" the character by making him in their ideal image. This has led to some pretty cool stuff (upgrade from "jumps hella high" to flight was a good idea) but it can also result in godlike power that is irreconcilable with good drama.

pfloriani:

paragon1:

LOL. : )

XD good one Batman got told!

Can't help but post this mighty fine YouTube video... behold! The Dark Knight Meets Superman!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1t0lQn5Q

Superman's boring. He only has one weakness, so he'll obviously save the day unscathed.

Batman is a human being, doing things in the relm of possibility. He puts himself in danger whenever he dons his Mask and Cape. He can die, but his resourcefulness usually gets himself out of any problem he may face. He's the better hero because he has something to lose, his own life.

Batman > Superman

Amnestic:
If Batman can create Bat Antishark Spray I reckon he could probably come up with Bat Antisuperman Spray too.

I'm sure someone already has some hidden away for a rainy day.

That pretty much sums it up

LOL... As enjoyable as After Curfew!

Haha, this is a good one :D

You fail to understand the importance of giving people rides.

While Wayne and Stark have all the super powers of a bag of peanuts, at least stark decided to create a suit of armor that basically makes him Superman. batman's cool, but for him to pull the weight that other superheros do he has to be able to create gadgets that defy logic with the speed he makes them.

pfloriani:

paragon1:

Ha! No, like a "Game Over if your punch ever misses game".

If they ever fought, I'd put my money on the Batman.

Kryptonite Batarangs. You KNOW he has them.

Daystar Clarion:
Fool!
Batman has the mighty power of precognition! He has exactly the right tools to deal with any given situation at any time. Who would win a fight between Batman and Superman? Batman of course! He would just so happen to be carrying kryptonite spray or perhaps a superhero repellent stick, or something else equally convienient.

Also, he can breathe in space.

Daystar Clarion:

sexylori33:
(Desperate spam attempt. With a male profile avatar, no less.)

Don't you mean... (dramatic pause)... BAThammer?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Formica Archonis:

Daystar Clarion:

sexylori33:
(Desperate spam attempt. With a male profile avatar, no less.)

Don't you mean... (dramatic pause)... BAThammer?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

No, just... no.

You're bad and you should feel bad.
Go sit in the corner and think about how you have permanately damaged the internet with that horrible joke.

Batman is the better superhero. In a fight between the two Batman wins because he has a cryptonite ring.

Hehehe... I wonder if Batman gets this a lot. I mean, no offense to the DK here but if I'm being attacked by a gang who wish to mug and kill me, I'd prefer Supes over Wayne any day.

paragon1:

What about Superman 64? That game was great! It was a... a...

Okay, I can't say that with a straight face. My stepbrother owned that game and even though I was 10 and still enjoyed crappy kid-themed TV shows and movies, I still knew I was in the presence of crap!

What superman's creators with thinking:

"Hmm lets create a super hero. What powers should we give him? How 'bout super speed? Super flight? Super strength? Laser vision? Freeze breath? How bout we give him all of them and just call him Superman...But he needs a weakness. How about some really rare pieces of rock."

Personally i think superman is just lame. So lame. I mean freeze breath and heat/laser vision? all powered by the radiation of a red sun? WTF? I'm not saying that superheros should get their powers from realistic sources (spiderman bit by a spider during a radiation experiment and Fantastic 4 from cosmic radiation). But Superman is so LAME. I think the ratings of the last superman movie would agree with me too.

Actually, when Superman was created back in the 1930's, he was much less powerful. His powers were basically strength, speed, and toughness, all to a considerably smaller degree than he has now; no flight, no vision powers or super breath. The other powers (and the various power boosts he has received over the years), and the whole kryptonite thing, came later.

Also, remember that this was new territory that Siegel and Shuster were exploring; Superman was the first superhero, depending on how you define it. There's been a lot of evolution and traditions that have developed since then.

It could be worse....

He could be robin...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook