Escape to the Movies: Alice in Wonderland

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory his worst movie? I dunno, it's pretty bad but... What about Planet of the Apes? Or Sweeney Todd, where we were expected to believe the actors could actually sing? Burton has let me down a lot lately, even Corpse Bride just proved how much better Henry Selick was at that sort of thing. I'm hoping he makes a film closer to Ed Wood in the future, now that was awesome

I actually really liked the movie when i saw it, but my only real frame of reference was the Disney Animated version of Alice in Wonderland, (I've only read bits and pieces of the book) so the entire thing felt like it was taking a piss on the Disney version.

Plus, no matter the context, an amazon warrior is always going to look cool to me, for reasons I don't think I'll ever be able to answer in mixed company. =D

You know, everyone goes on about the drugs and whatnot. Carrol had logistician friends. So, he always set out to make worlds and works and poems that make no real-world logical sense. Plus, everyone was on drugs at that day and age by virtue of just living in that day and age. However, my explanation is ultimately boring, so let's read drugs into it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here