Unskippable: Folklore

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Folklore

The mysterious City of the Dead is just a call away, or you can get there in a boat.

Watch Video

Now, I wanna play this. It seems...different.

You wanted the CSI, you got it.

Haha, another good ep, but I've never even heard of this game... Fact or Fiction?

Oh god the voice acters for that game are horrible.
"Nooooooooooooo"
I love the russel joke ^^

No idea what this game is but that was hilarious.

Hmm, I wanted to play Folklore, but I dunno....

Otherwise, pretty funny, I especially liked the CSI joke. And that's because I don't like CSI.

fogmike:
Dammit, always a bit too eager. Get there before the video does. Ah well. I own this game, so this should be funny XD

EDIT: Teehee. If you think this cutscene was weird, you should play the rest of the game....unskippable would have a field day with that.

Is the "Magical city - New Jersey" a reference to Voltaire's song? Just askin'.

Also, if the girl swam through the sea/ocean... why was her hair perfectly dry, clothes normal and... why did she welcome her mother standing 10 feet away from her and talking loudly?

AND WHY THE HELL DID SHE USE A BOAT?!

Loved the return of Russell, if brief.

But really, why didn't she die of hypothermia? Or lose her hat?

Gee... And the game looked interesting and everything... How surprising :/

Um, what do you actually do in this game? I've never heard of it.

I remember the demo for this game. It was really interesting

wow this cutscene was bad

the sailer's accent was annoying as fuck and girl jumps into the cold water but the next cutscene she competently dry.

So she called him but yet doesn't remember calling him???

How in the hell did he get there without using a boat/swimming there???

But I have to say the main guy does look cool I love the glasses and hair and facial hair and his jacket

Crowsplosion!

This looks like it has the potential to be a Silent Hill 2 rip-off.

"I'm wandering through this spooky town village of the dead to find my supposedly dead wife mother!

"Wait, is this gunpowder made of hemp?"

*gigglesnort*

EDIT: Wait, no, sorry! I went to check my e-mail after watching LoadingReadyRun, then I went to the wrong tab and hit the wrong link.

"I claim this in the name of Russel!"

There needs to be a Russel fan club. Or a dA "plz" account. 'Twould be awesome.

Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what's going on?

Two threads? Okay.. copy & paste..

Man i hate finding the video link early.. now i have to wait for the 404 to disappear..

Watched it. How did she ring him? Are there working pay phones in thye island of the dead? Also im pretty sure she wouldnt of been able to ring him. I mean, the water would of destroyed her phone and any peice of paper with numbers writen on them?!

loved the CSI: Miami joke at the end.

"Crow-'splosion!"

Also, now I know what an interrobang is. Thank you Unskippable.

Keats is by far the most badass thing in Folklore. Hands down.

Abedeus:

Because it's the motherf*cking boat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8F3UE9qFsg

Game for those unfamiliar: two characters, Ellen and Keats. You play the story through as both of them - first seperately, then together. During this you explore first the village of Doolin, and secondly the underworld and its different levels. Creatures inhabit the underworld, known as 'Folk'. By beating them up, Ellen and Keats can capture them, which allows them to then use them in combat. E.g. one folk is more or less 'tap square to hit people, tap repeatedly for combos'. One folk might be a shield. One might fly around and drop poison/glue on enemies, etc. It was quite fun, in a curious twisted way. Had a slight pokemon feel to it (catch em'all)

Finally, another Russel joke :P

ssgt splatter:
Am I the only one who doesn't have a clue what's going on?

Man, I had LESS than no idea what I just saw.

And yes, how CAN you explain "the corners of the Earth" when the Earth is spherical?

Three things:

1. "I'm tired now" totally made me snarf.

2. CROWSPLOSION!

3. Folklore is actually a fantastic game, not that you'd know from this cutscene.

Never heard of this game but it actually looks rather intresting...

This will be in my look up pile for sure!

Also...Ireland? Well, can be pretty scary...

The CSI joke was the only laugh-out-load thing in this. Still pretty good.

I wonder how many things the crows have claimed in the name of Russell.

Tonimata:

Abedeus:

This ain't SeaWorld, this as real as it gets!

Crow-spolsion!
And Russell is the most badass character in any video game.
I really would like to know how he got there so fast‽
(see what I did there?)
Finally what sort of game is this?

AvsJoe:
I wonder how many things the crows have claimed in the name of Russell.

Tonimata:

Abedeus:

This ain't SeaWorld, this as real as it gets!

I think you mean SeaLAND
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1506-Reduce-Your-Footprint

You know just because something is weird doesn't mean it's bad, Folklore is a damn good game, weird and damn strange but good the opening cutscene doesn't show it, and obviously like most games very few do

Edit: and for being a game that's like four or so years old the graphics are some of the best i've seen

Susan Arendt:
Three things:

3. Folklore is actually a fantastic game, not that you'd know from this cutscene.

I just watched some actual gameplay and it looks awesome! Is it a JRPG? I couldn't really tell. Regardless it looks cool. Shame I don't own a ps3! :(

Susan Arendt:
Three things:

2. CROWSPLOSION!

This. Have to agree with all 3 points.

Susan Arendt:
Three things:

2. CROWSPLOSION!

Is snarf a commonly used term?

Great episode. I don't think I have ever even heard of this game.

Ghostwise:
Crowsplosion!

That is all that needs to be said.

Ghostwise:

Susan Arendt:
Three things:

I just watched some actual gameplay and it looks awesome! Is it a JRPG? I couldn't really tell. Regardless it looks cool. Shame I don't own a ps3! :(

It's an action game...I guess you could say it has some RPGish elements, but its mostly just in this amazing setting that's right out of a storybook. Basically, you collect "folk," which are these wonderfully strange creatures that have unique abilities. One might have a projectile attack, another might have a fire-based attack. You can't do combat yourself, so you need the folk to do it for you. You assign different folk to different face buttons, then hit the button for the attack you want to do. You can capture the souls of new folks to add to your arsenal. You also get different costumes that give you different abilities and buffs. You play as the two characters you saw in the video, each one with their own storyline, though the stories intersect in places.

It's kind of hard to find now, but if you can scoop it up, definitely give it a shot, if only to see how beautiful and otherworldly it is.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here