Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Aliens vs Predator

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Aliens vs Predator.

Watch Video

Designed by a pilchard? XDD

AVP is very mixed in my mind. My friends enjoy it, some reviewers say give it a look, others say no.

I must say, this hasn't changed my opinion either way.

Totally Called It

Good review!

axleblaze:
I hacen't had a chance to watch it yet (and I doubt those that posted before me have) but STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING GIANT ADS AROUND THE VIDEO! It freezes my PS3 when I try to watch on it and it's just god damned obnoxious.

Er you realise the escapist has to make money somehow.

Ah, I'm glad he touched upon the point that there is only 1 predator encounter for both Alien and Marine campaign.

You see, people? Multiplayer can't be balanced because the game was designed to have the predator be overpowered!

vrbtny:
There both aliens.... lol

great as always.

Humans are tasty.... yum yum

Except you couldn't have possibly watched the whole thing...jesus christ you're thick.

From someone who actually watched the whole thing, this is the best Yahtzee's done in a long time. And fucking hilarious too.

hur hur, rather amusing and while it does seem rather obvious i remembered that AvPs problems are really obvious, they are just there staring you in the face without ever blinking.

Dammit, I want a chip butty now :(

I was going to buy AvP, but I'm glad I didn't.

Great review once again, I never really like this game much either.

Heh, was waiting for this one.

Great episode.

I thought the game sucked from the demo...Seriously...Not even the old PC one everyone worships was good.

Hehehe... I was always wondering how they would do the Alien campaign and I guess they took the very straightforward path. Great video though and I hope Yahtzee enjoyed his chip sandwich.

ahh Yahtzee...u slick internet paparazzi...my day is now complete...Good job...

Dribbles and Joey Crab-face. Hilarious.

I'm probably gonna be the first in about a bajillionth comment requests but...when are you getting round to heavy rain?Just curious.AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.

Epic author credit pun. :)

I'm surprised you even did this considering how boring it looked and generally how boring it turned out. If only you could get Danny Glover involved somehow...

Could predict this, as AvP is one of the most generic games I've seen lately. Pretty funny though.

Great stuff as usual, your spot on with this one yahtz, nearly choked on my apple laughing at this one

great video, but was anyone else expecting heavy rain, or was it just me?

Scott Smith:
Dammit, I want a chip butty now :(

Yeah, that was the most unfair comparison of the whole review.

Still no HR..shame...

And yes..plese stop these Ad-Frames...the Video keeps playing twice, slightly offset...the one in the ad I can pause, but the one below keeps playing and I don't see it...audio only. When I close the ad, both are gone...

So, it is a rental then? I'm not really sure what the thesis statement of that was. He seemed to like it okay, but not enough.

Also this may sound like I missed the boat about 20+ years ago, but I thought the original Predator title referred to both Arnold and the Predator, as a sort of "gurilla warfare is hunting in the jungle" and number two was the same message referring to crime and the concrete jungle instead.

great review. hilarious as always.

Nice figure head on the gondola. Sucks about the unbalanced campaigns though.

Yeah, I always thought it was weird to drag humans into a big extraterrestrial bar fight. Why can't American developers figure out that humans in eff-pee-esseseses are unbelievably uninteresting?

Also, the xenomorph and predator ZP avatars were really cool looking.

Vanguard_Ex:

vrbtny:
There both aliens.... lol

great as always.

Humans are tasty.... yum yum

Except you couldn't have possibly watched the whole thing...jesus christ you're thick.

From someone who actually watched the whole thing, this is the best Yahtzee's done in a long time. And fucking hilarious too.

"Thick as an asphalt milk-shake", as Yahtzee put it.

Great job on this one... Laughed. And again.

I've completed the Predator missions and found it really fun, I've started Alien now and it very confusing with the whole multi wall traversing thingy

You summed up all the issues I had with this game.

But despite its many flaws and horrid matchmaking I still enjoyed this game a lot.

Phsx2:

axleblaze:
I hacen't had a chance to watch it yet (and I doubt those that posted before me have) but STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING GIANT ADS AROUND THE VIDEO! It freezes my PS3 when I try to watch on it and it's just god damned obnoxious.

Er you realise the escapist has to make money somehow.

Er...you realize there are a million other web ad types that don't freeze my PS3.
I wasn't complaining about the fact that there are ads, I was complaining that it was a needlessly giant ad that freezes the system that I like watching web videos on instantly.

Nobody says "this game sucks!" quite like Yahtzee. I've read / listened to many a negative review in my time and in each case it was like listening to Gordon Brown reading Shakespeare after toking Laudanum all day. Agree with him or not, at least YZ makes it amusing and whilst I have no intention of ever buying this particular game, it's always good to hear from someone who isn't "inspired" by great handfulls of corporate bribery and thus more likely to scratch the shiny veneer.

Hey even if he were to utterly savage a game I think is the dogs bollocks I would forgive him because, like arseholes, everyone has an opinion (I have many and am just as voiciferous given half a chance!) and he would most likely make it amusing too!

Wardy

hmm. that actually sounds like a good suggestion for a game he made at the end there. i mean, it's not like you have to be original to make a successful game these days, right? lol.

rockoffanddie:
great video, but was anyone else expecting heavy rain, or was it just me?

No, I wanted him to do Heavy Rain as well. Good game by rhe way, if you've got a ps3.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here