Zero Punctuation: Aliens vs Predator

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Yahtzee seemed to be talking a lot slower than usual. Maybe because his script ended up shorter than usual but he had to fill the same time frame?

I'd play Predator: Arkham Asylum...

I havent had the chance to try it yet but of what Ive seen of the game It looks alright

best review in awhile yahtzee

Octopusesgarden:
AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.

Guess what?

Your a heavy rain fanboy.

XD

I was expecting it to be a little more funny than this. Oh well, nice review anyway Yahtzee.

I wonder, in the movies, they'd fire rounds into the aliens and it barely phased them, yet from what I've heard, the Aliens in the game seem to be extremely easy, why?

Also, I'll ask again because I've seen that repetition helps, what's your favorite system to play games on, the PS3 or the X360? And the PC doesn't count because I'm 99% sure that's your overall favorite, but between the PS3 and X360, which do you prefer to use?

Sieni:
I was going to buy AvP, but I'm glad I didn't.

Oh Jesus what is wrong with you?
Its his job to belittle every single game into a bloody pulp. If you want a real review of a game, or games go here.
And to save you time here is the one for AvP.

OT: To summarize, Marines is 'meh,' Aliens was disorienting and should be in a different perspective, and the Predator should have just been the entire game.

If this game had maybe another 3 months to polish everything out I'm sure it'd be an amazing game.

Remzer:

Vanguard_Ex:

vrbtny:
There both aliens.... lol

great as always.

Humans are tasty.... yum yum

Except you couldn't have possibly watched the whole thing...jesus christ you're thick.

From someone who actually watched the whole thing, this is the best Yahtzee's done in a long time. And fucking hilarious too.

"Thick as an asphalt milk-shake", as Yahtzee put it.

Great job on this one... Laughed. And again.

Bullseye ;D

Daystar Clarion:
Dribbles and Joey Crab-face. Hilarious.

Yeah, I'm gonna be thinking this when I'm playing AvP. :D

The one thing I suspected would suffer was the storyline(s) as it's tough enough in the videogame world to get a good story. AvP needs 3, so it would stand to suspect each would be roughly 1/3 the quality of a full-game's story.

*shrug* I'm still gonna play it, though. Can't wait to watch Dribbles bite the heads off of unsuspecting Marines. :)

First ZP in a while that made me laugh out loud. Love it!

Also Yahtzee, assuming you read this post, it might be worth your time to play the XBox original Predator: Concrete Jungle. It pretty much what you described at the end plus and excellently written story. You can find it in most game store bargain bins for like $5 these day and hell, I'll even give ya a copy free if ya want seeing as I live close to Game Traders Robina.

pretty damn gunny (funny)
but I feel that it's strongest in multiplayer

I bought the game, had a lot of fun with it and don't regret it one iota, but still, quite an entertaining video there.

CheckD3:
I wonder, in the movies, they'd fire rounds into the aliens and it barely phased them, yet from what I've heard, the Aliens in the game seem to be extremely easy, why?

Unless you're playing on easy mode, the aliens are not only hard targets to hit, they are also extremely resilient. It takes quite a few rounds to kill one, and it's often a challenge doing that while simoultaneously working crowd control.

Great review, very funny. Loved the fat kid joke.

I wonder why they made the least interesting characters' campaign the longest? Doesn't seem like a very good design choice to me.

HK_01:
Good review!

Phsx2:

axleblaze:
I hacen't had a chance to watch it yet (and I doubt those that posted before me have) but STOP IT WITH THE FUCKING GIANT ADS AROUND THE VIDEO! It freezes my PS3 when I try to watch on it and it's just god damned obnoxious.

Er you realise the escapist has to make money somehow.

Anyway I'd rather deal with the big ads around the video than have to sit through a commercial before every video.

I was hoping for a early review of God of War III. =/

thats the highlight of the week gone now to hypernate till next wednesday

Great review, funnier than the last few.

Hehe. Prett much summed up how I thought of the game right there. Although despite all the flaws it is still fun and a joy to play...that sound from the radar still freaks me out today...

had a feeling he would not like this game. It takes a lot for him to like a game.

great video w8 to next weak :P

"Leprechaun's testicle" made me giggle.

Only cos I hope that was a subtle St.Pat's Day reference.

...and NOT because he knows wot size they are...

Talk faster. It's fine that the clip is five minutes at most if you say seven words a second, but if you're going to talk normally, I demand you change the title to "Some Punctuation"

Still decently fun on the multi-player in my opinion. I'm glad they got the feel of each racial class down, and finishing moves should be in every FPS game in my own opinion.

However, lack of a REAL Single Player game, and the fact that "ranking" up in the multiplayer aspect is literally pointless because you only unlock different skins for each race made it extremely unfinished.

This game is more of a "Borrow from a friend to play every once in a while" game.

Not really worth any money at all.

-Edited by advice.

Wow. Just WOW. Best ZP episode in a long, long while. Chock full 'o funny lines (like the above mentioned, as well as the bit about brains spread on crackers). I was a particular fan of the "Batman losing his moral compass and french-kissing an angle-grinder", but there were many, many good lines-- much more than the usual 'only one or two good zingers an episode' I've come to expect lately from Yahtzee.

In fact, I think I'm going to watch it again right now...

soapyshooter:
I was hoping for a early review of God of War III. =/

Meanwhile you can watch the other 20 ZPs where he mentions he lives in Australia and that games take forever to show up down under.

If I'm honest, I'm surprised this game didn't earn extra brownie points from Yahtzee for getting the Australian government to back down from its attempted censorship.

ssgt splatter:
I was expecting it to be a little more funny than this. Oh well, nice review anyway Yahtzee.

Same,he's not been as good as some of his early stuuf

Still no Heavy Rain? I know Yahtzee played -and finished- it because he mentioned it on Twitter.

Heavy rain review >:(
Now!

VoidEternal:
<redacted for stupidity>

Dude... what, exactly, makes you think promoting piracy on a commercial website is a smart thing to do???

Word of friendly advice-- if you don't want an unpleasant encounter with the banhammer, I'd edit your post...

Weresquirrel:
If I'm honest, I'm surprised this game didn't earn extra brownie points from Yahtzee for getting the Australian government to back down from its attempted censorship.

I agree completely.

Also, I'm disappointed that the human campaign is the longest and the alien is the shortest :(

I missed the Arcade avp. It was just, pick a dude and beat up aliens. You had Arnold with a robotic machine gun arm, a ninja cyborg, and two predators (Warrior and Hunter). It was like Final fight mixed with some street fighter controls, and having avp just being a theme.

Fuck trying to be another generic gritty fps, I wanna be Cyborg Arnie giving an alien a pile driver, or a predator knocking off an alien's head by doing a tiger uppercut! That would be FUCKING AWESOME!!!

Novur:

Octopusesgarden:
AND NO REPLY TELLING ME THAT I'M A HEAVY RAIN FANBOY.

Guess what?

Your a heavy rain fanboy.

XD

I haven't even played the game (except for the demo)I just wondered that was all.Story is very important to yatzhee so I just wanted to know what the internets most harsh critic thought of the story of heavy rain.

He failed to mention the fact that each campaign uses the exact same rooms and environments from the others making the game feel really goddamn lazy. Alien campaign is the shortest simply because the alien's the fastest, and the marine's is the longest due to being the slowest.

Wouldn't Batman-minus-moral-compass be more like the Xeno campaign - moving around under grates, through vents, across ceiling fixtures, etc. to get in range for a mainly close-combat arsenal - than the Predator campaign where you can...y'know...turn invisible and fire plasma cannons? Batarangs don't quite pack the same punch. >.>

Other than that point of contention, it would appear my expectations regarding this game were spot on. Which should surprise no one; I doubt this game appeared shocking and new to anyone who'd so much as heard of the last one, yes?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here