Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 8

Pages PREV 1 2

Loving the series, thanks Shamus. LotRO is a great game, but has plenty to scratch your head at.

BTW, you keep saying Archet, but the Blackwold quests come out of Combe. Close to Archet, but the next town south. Nits shall be picked!

Excellent! The letter to Elrond was pure gold! Keep it coming, I'm starting to look forward to this more than Yahtzee :S

Wonderful as always! I can't wait for the next one. Will she deliver the mail? Will she stab the postmaster in the junk? Tune in next week to find out!

(leaving)

I hope you misspelled Michel Delving as "Michael" on purpose to illustrate one of the funniest mispronunciations in the game LOL! Although Tolkien doesn't elaborate on this name specifically, he does mention that many old words the hobbits use, like "mathom" are hold-overs from an ancient hobbit language closely related to the Rohirrim (which itself is loosely based on Old English). "Micel" in Old English means "great, intense, much, or many" and a "delving" is a hole. Thus "Michel Delving" means "Great Hole" and makes sense when contrasted with the nearby "Little Delving". As to how to pronounce it, my understanding is that it should sound like "MICK-el", one could also make an argument for "MITCH-el", but never "MIKE-el" LOL =)

I have laughed so much reading these adventures! Wonderful take on silly quests ;)

That letter to Elrond was a great touch; it had me laughing for quite a while. I'm certainly looking forward to the next one.

She was wearing Marchwarden armour. It's level .. 58, I think?

I've been enjoying this enough to print it out & hole punch it into a binder.

I know this is old as crap, but I'm just now discovering this series. Anywho, I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't have trouble with the Woodwright quest, as I would have loved to have read a rant explaining why it's broken as shit.

Technically, it's an extremely easy quest. Find the guy, fight him, report to his mom. However, there were about twenty dozen other people also trying to do this quest when I was doing it, and being that this was labeled as a "solo" mission, no one bothered with fellowships. If you aren't in a group, this quest is completely first-come-first-serve. You can help fight the guy, you might even be able to talk to him soon after the fighting starts, but you don't get credit unless you were the absolute first person to click on him. So once he runs off, you have to wait for him to respawn. But that takes a ridiculous amount of time, at which point it becomes another damn case of first-come-first-serve.

Mind you, most of us were newbs. Eventually someone got the obvious idea of forming a fellowship so we could end it and get on with our lives, but I still don't think it's a good thing to have to do this when it was meant to be a solo quest. It either should have been marked as a group quest, or something should have been done to give everyone credit so long as they were doing the quest and not just passing by.

haha Lulzy should be made a part of the game. if I were on the dev team I'd take note...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here