Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

The Webcomic Contest has ended! A winner has been announced, and our webcomic gallery is now available for your viewing pleasure.

Thank you to everyone who participated in The Escapist's first ever Webcomic Contest! We had a massive turnout, and it was great to see so many different styles and genres of webcomics. Due to the variety of creativity and talent, we decided to make all of the webcomics available for your enjoyment in a 21 page gallery. The webcomics may differ in writing, drawing or illustration, but they've all got one thing in common: the amount of heart participants put in to making them! Take a look at our webcomic gallery, and enjoy!

And the Winner Is...

After going through over 350 webcomic submissions, we have come to a final decision on the winner. A hearty congratulations and the grand prize contract go to Decoy Doctorpus for their submission Out of Tens!

Additionally, there were also 17 entries that stuck out for our judges. Since we could only award one grand prize, we decided to give them "Honorable Mentions" and these webcomics have their own page in the gallery. The honorable mentions go to:

To view the entire gallery, click here. We've also included those webcomics that were ineligible or submitted after the deadline to the gallery as well. Thank you to everyone who participated!

Big old blank page after the link, Spin?

Well there goes my week and a half of waiting...

Yeah, wait, gallery isn't there right now.

Give it a refresh (Ctrl-F5). Pulling back the 'curtain', but your browser may have cached the page before it was done.

Congrats to the winner!

It's good to know that the guy who won was a notable Escapist as opposed to some yahoo who joined just for the contest.
I am saddened that I couldn't join due to my art monkey having priorities.

Souplex:
It's good to know that the guy who won was a notable Escapist as opposed to some yahoo who joined just for the contest.
I am saddened that I couldn't join due to my art monkey having priorities.

Speaking as one of these "yahoo"s, some of us are just not vocal forum-goers by nature.

Either way, the winning comic is pretty good looking and downright hilarious, so mad props and swallowed prides go out to the authors!

Congratulations to the winner. I wish you happiness and success.

Loved the winning entry. Congrats and an extra kudos from me to you. :D

paulgruberman:
Give it a refresh (Ctrl-F5). Pulling back the 'curtain', but your browser may have cached the page before it was done.

Seems like that's it, my comic's there.(shameless plug ;))

Apparently I misread the rules. Just a little sick to my stomach at the moment.

after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.

at least the winner was hilarious, but I'll keep my shamus young body pillow for now.

This has proven more depressing than it was worth. I didn't even make honorable mention.

Congrats to the winner.

Haha, I like the wining entry a lot. Congrats to the winner and the runner ups.

swaki:
after reading most of em i cry a single tear, why didn't "Manly Guys Doing Manly Things" win, it was funny well drawn and i would dance till i peed myself if i could see 2 new comics each week.

I'm sure most of them will be continued on else were, so do not pee yourself just yet.

Well, I may not have won, which is sad, but at least Zolf and I got an honorable mention, and I can't possibly complain about that.

Congrats to the rest of the honorable mentions, and a special congrats to Decoy Doctorpus for winning. Have fun with your grand prize!

Ha! Nice! Should've known I wouldn't make it, due to my lack of writing skills. But ah well, fun none the less.

Hey! I want a shameless plug for my entry too!

Oh wait...

Congrats to the winner and all the entrants! I look forward to seeing what is going to be put up! hehe! Shamus has a rival now! =D

Congrats, Decoy!

Tell us,

How much does the gig pay?

swaki:

Agreed. I loved the Bioshock strip.

At least the winner was still really good.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74062&page=1&ix=5

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.

Congrats to the winner.

I'm outta 'ere, bros.

Lol,goes back to the shadows watching Yahtzee.

Wooo, I got commented on with good and bad! I shall comment more upon this later.

But for now, congrats to you Decoy Doctorpus. I enjoyed what I saw and would enjoy to see more.
And great job Coeala, nothing else has been quite as fun as seeing Big Daddy Day Care.

PS. Beautiful work, The Last Shot.

Great stuff ya'll. Now maybe you guys can start up that whole "The Refugee" webcomics, or whatever you guys were talking about.

LACKT:

You and me both.
...after this wanton plug.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74388&ix=13

Congratulations to Rydell and Carter! Great comic, you really deserved the price :)
I'm looking forward to read the next "Out of Tens".

I also would like to thank the judges for the "honorable mention" made to my entry, specially to Shamus Young and Ryan North for their kind comments.

See you in next contest! ;)

narcolepsyinc:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74062&page=1&ix=5

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.

what did you do?

Congrats to Decoy. I've really appreciated your writing and wit in the past so I look forward to following your comic on a weekly or semi-weekly basis. Some of those strips were vastly stronger than others, but they seem to be capable of making points on the industry while having a semblance of humor. Something many writers seem incapable of. I will keep an eye out for a strip involving your essay on the names of protagonists in the future.

Soup, again I'm sorry I had/have a lot going on back then/at the moment.

Congrats to the winner!

lasherman:

swaki:

I really hope the writers of MGDMT keeps making them comics, because they're really really good.

I don't quite think it's as good as the winner, but I'd still read it.

Congrats to the winner. Favorite one was the Mass Effect 2 panel. That always bugged the hell out of me that I needed a full armor and helmet yet my team just needed a breathing mask.

JEBWrench:

lasherman:

swaki:

I really hope the writers of MGDMT keeps making them comics, because they're really really good.

I don't quite think it's as good as the winner, but I'd still read it.

I agree with the both of you.
That part with Kratos made me laugh my ass off.

"Press "O" to make them do more comics"

Irridium:
Congrats to the winner. Favorite one was the Mass Effect 2 panel. That always bugged the hell out of me that I needed a full armor and helmet yet my team just needed a breathing mask.

I agree with the both of you.
That part with Kratos made me laugh my ass off.

"Press "O" to make them do more comics"

Do you think they'd get irritated if we started a messaging campaign to them based off of that?

Maybe if they got enough O's they'd keep going. :D

The winning comic was very good and I'll definitely keep reading them but the manly men doing manly things was my favorite and i hope the author keeps making them (here or on their own site) since I want to read more.

LiquidGrape:

LACKT:

You and me both.
...after this wanton plug.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74388&ix=13

Haha! Loved your comic! Especially the Mirrors Edge One! Neat style as well.

pffh:
The winning comic was very good and I'll definitely keep reading them but the manly men doing manly things was my favorite and i hope the author keeps making them (here or on their own site) since I want to read more.

Same here. I thought they were pretty dam hilarious and I'd love to see more.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here