Webcomic Contest Winner Announced and Gallery Is Live

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

JEBWrench:

Irridium:
Congrats to the winner. Favorite one was the Mass Effect 2 panel. That always bugged the hell out of me that I needed a full armor and helmet yet my team just needed a breathing mask.

I agree with the both of you.
That part with Kratos made me laugh my ass off.

"Press "O" to make them do more comics"

Do you think they'd get irritated if we started a messaging campaign to them based off of that?

Maybe if they got enough O's they'd keep going. :D

Pfft, naaah.

We may need to throw in a couple of "X's" as well...

Congrats to the Winner and Congrats to the Honorable Mentions. Be proud!

I'd be looking forward to seeing the Honorable Mentions continue posting pages ^_^

Keep up the Great Work!

Soo, my comic apparently not even good enough for the gallery of rejects and disqualifications?

It's okay, it's not like I feel hurt to the very core of my being...

Congratz to the winner. :) I don't enjoy many of the webcomics I've read but I actually quite enjoyed it and look forward to reading more.

Coelasquid doesn't Disappoint,I love the Bioshock one.

Tootmania:

LiquidGrape:

LACKT:
Lol,goes back to the shadows watching Yahtzee.

You and me both.
...after this wanton plug.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74388&ix=13

Haha! Loved your comic! Especially the Mirrors Edge One! Neat style as well.

Thanks mate. My ego needed that.
...but I didn't notice that typo in the Mirror's Edge comic.
"Resuce".
Silly thing to misspell.

i see my comic XD i didnt win but meh...

Damn, I am pretty disappointed now! But hey, there were some neat comics there.

EDIT: I just read Manly Guys... damn it's good.
EDIT 2: of course, mandatory link to my comic. I will probably continue it somewhere :D

The_root_of_all_evil:

paulgruberman:
Give it a refresh (Ctrl-F5). Pulling back the 'curtain', but your browser may have cached the page before it was done.

Seems like that's it, my comic's there.(shameless plug ;))

That is despicable behaviour, I can't believe that you would link your comic in hopes more people see it! You should be ashamed my good sir. (BTW my comic is split up over the 4 pages, so click next to see it all)

Also, I am quite frankly offended that my comic did not even get a comment by a judge.

toadking07:

narcolepsyinc:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74062&page=1&ix=5

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.

what did you do?

I saw the part about not posting anything illegal or copyrighted so I just posted some of my old cartoons. I run a webcomic but don't make any money off of it, so thought that I was in the clear. It was a total bonehead move on my part, but it's frustrating nonetheless, especially concerning the note that they put under my entry.

narcolepsyinc:

toadking07:

narcolepsyinc:

I read the guide to not getting your comic disqualified and thought I was good on the rules. I could literally beat myself for not fine tooth combing over the actual rules. Soooo bittersweet. Congrats to those of you who won/got honorable mentions.

what did you do?

I saw the part about not posting anything illegal or copyrighted so I just posted some of my old cartoons. I run a webcomic but don't make any money off of it, so thought that I was in the clear. It was a total bonehead move on my part, but it's frustrating nonetheless, especially concerning the note that they put under my entry.

What's your regular webcomic, I'd like to read it =)

narcolepsyinc:

Sorry man. I did like your work. I actually chewed through some of your archives over on your site:

http://www.narcolepsyinc.com/Narcolepsy_Inc./home.html

Note to everyone else: That link was for your benefit. Worth a look.

The winner deserves it, good choice... although I'd much rather see more of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things.

Well done everyone. I submitted mine for a laugh. Someone had to do it.

I'd like to jump on the congratulatory bandwagon! Looking at the entries there are tons of really kick butt entries on there, so you deserve it!

Now we can all take a breath and move on with life :D

Congrats to the Winner and Congrats to the Honorable Mentions. I am so jealous but happy at the same time for you all. I looked at your comics and realized that my comic is not right for this site so I guess I'm ok. Also I realized that I did my Icon wrong. I thought it was my personal icon not the Icon of the comic it's self, all well. If anyone is interested my comic is called "Doodles" and I will be soon putting them up on "www.smackjeeves.com" along with my other comics pretty soon. Yet again I looked at the winners and I give them thumbs up.

Wow, the quality of many of the honorable mentions was very high. Professional in look and quite funny with distinct styles. I'd love to see more of these folks get a shot somewhere.

Congratulations to the winners and the honorable mentions, very funny stuff.

I suppose I'll follow the trend and drop a link to mine (though for someone reason my fourth page is missing...not sure why).

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74362&page=4&ix=11

Congrats to decoy, You're winner.

Cookie for the reference.

Well it looks like I'll get the next couple weeks off from my normal comic, though I must say that this contest has been a stiff kick to the balls. It's one thing to be self deprecating and think your own work sucks. But to have it reaffirmed by a contest such as this is both sobering and depressing all the same.

If anyone is interested in seeing such trash, you can here http://www.othcomic.com/ though the next couple weeks will be populated with the comics I did for the contest.

The Last Shot OWNS. Every other entry I've checked out, including my own, looks like shit compared to it.

Amazing work, dude who made that.

Hey, honourable mention's pretty rad! Congrats to the winner as well, it's been a fun ride!

I'm really flattered by all the love Manly Guys is getting, too! I think I might try to keep it going as a once-a-week kinda thing. Either on my DA or a page of it's own if I can find someone to teach me how to internet... I never even figured out Geocities in my youth :P

Oh hey, is it fair game to post our comics on our own pages now?

I agree that Out of Tens is the best of the bunch but I also enjoyed The Interwebz, Paused, Anubis, and Girlies Don't Game. Good stuff here.

folmerkelly:
The Last Shot OWNS. Every other entry I've checked out, including my own, looks like shit compared to it.

I wouldn't quite go that far. There's some decent stuff there.. but Last Shot was definitely my favorite as well. I've always had a fondness for single panel cartoons.. but it's damn hard to do consistently.

As it is, I'm a little worried that the winning one is going to fall into an imitation of Penny Arcade -- same style of humor going on from what I can tell.

*image redacted*

On a serious note, thanks for the commentary Shamus! I know I disappointed myself most of all for not having a 4th "strip" in at the time. But I've definitely gotten a good chance to know my characters through this.

And yeah. I really don't do "comedy" very well. I often don't think of punchlines that're too snappy. Keeping the comic fiercely in the real world certainly makes this a hard sell. That I'm not one for building great jokes, makes it that much harder. But I wrote the comic that I wanted to read and write. And as it is, it feels good. I'm just need to work a bit more on selling it.

Shamus Young:

narcolepsyinc:

Sorry man. I did like your work. I actually chewed through some of your archives over on your site:

http://www.narcolepsyinc.com/Narcolepsy_Inc./home.html

Note to everyone else: That link was for your benefit. Worth a look.

Thanks man, that's really cool of you.

Grats to the winner! Was a pretty good go that made me laugh. Looking at all the entries I'm actually rather proud of what I managed to whip out in two days. It's pushed me to keep updating my other comic http://fantasywrit.com which was something I really needed. I hope everyone had fun doing this, and as the trend here's the link to my crappy entry. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/webcomic/view?id=74467&ix=17

Coelasquid:
Hey, honourable mention's pretty rad! Congrats to the winner as well, it's been a fun ride!

I'm really flattered by all the love Manly Guys is getting, too! I think I might try to keep it going as a once-a-week kinda thing. Either on my DA or a page of it's own if I can find someone to teach me how to internet... I never even figured out Geocities in my youth :P

Oh hey, is it fair game to post our comics on our own pages now?

Honestly dude, go get a page, get wordpress with comicpress set up and go. Use Digg, Reddit and what not to your advantage, you have a popular comic on your hands, IMO you should have won.

Kwil:

folmerkelly:

I wouldn't quite go that far. There's some decent stuff there.. but Last Shot was definitely my favorite as well. I've always had a fondness for single panel cartoons.. but it's damn hard to do consistently.

As it is, I'm a little worried that the winning one is going to fall into an imitation of Penny Arcade -- same style of humor going on from what I can tell.

I still haven't seen all of the entries, but after 50 third-rate Penny Arcades, a bunch of manga-type stuff, and the odd entry with stick figures, there's still nothing touching The Last Shot. I didn't mean to offend with my earlier comment, but I mean, next to "AWESOME", "decent" doesn't look so hot.

psudonym:

On a serious note, thanks for the commentary Shamus! I know I disappointed myself most of all for not having a 4th "strip" in at the time. But I've definitely gotten a good chance to know my characters through this.

And yeah. I really don't do "comedy" very well. I often don't think of punchlines that're too snappy. Keeping the comic fiercely in the real world certainly makes this a hard sell. That I'm not one for building great jokes, makes it that much harder. But I wrote the comic that I wanted to read and write. And as it is, it feels good. I'm just need to work a bit more on selling it.

Holy crap dude, I can't believe you got that up so fast. That's amazing

Awwwww.... I lost DX Oh well, my entrant is on the third page though. It's "The Clan". Regardless, congratulations to the winner (May his/her Comic live a long life!) and I hope that I can at least be mentioned in the next contest these guys have!

And now a word from one of the losers.

Congratulations to "Out of Tens". I'm looking forward to reading more of it in The Escapist. Also a nod to all the Honorable Mentions (among which I ain't, either). "The Last Shot" was my definite favorite among those.

But more importantly a great big thanks to The Escapist for giving me an excuse to start a webcomic and then NOT picking it. I can now continue my idea in my own website, something I urge all of us participants to do.

Look for my entry, "Last Adopter", in page 5 of the webcomic contest gallery, and later get new, bi-weekly updates in a month or so over at www.lastadopter.com.

See you later.

Eukaryote:

Holy crap dude, I can't believe you got that up so fast. That's amazing

To be modest and fair... I'm only really quick when I'm kinda pumped and I feel the need to get something out there. And it isn't really much. The texture's there are doing most of the work.

Wow! This is exciting stuff!

My heart exploded a little when i found i WAS NOT the winner and then my heart exploded a little more when i found i was in the honorable mentions =D

I will take it! Thanks to the Escapist for the opportunity and thanks to the contestants whom with i competed; it is only through such competition that I become inspired to, eerrr, compete!

And to the winner: I'm watching you. Oh yes. Oh yes. And not in the creepy way, more like in the "i will take your place in a second given the opportunity" kinda way. MUHAHAHA.

;P

Noooo! It haz 2 b a conspricy my webcomix wuz soooo much funir why you do you haterz!!!

....all kidding aside...

Congrats to the winner and all of the honorable mentions. Obviously I'm a touch disappointed I didn't win, but you know, I'm honestly not angry about it. I know this is going to sound like brown-nosing, but really I think its simply because this community really doesn't come off as a collective bunch of *insert favorite expletive here*s and it was just fun to compete.

Continued success to the winners, the losers, and to the Escapist.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here