Escape to the Movies: Green Zone

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Green Zone

MovieBob tries to find WMDs in Green Zone.

Watch Video

You're wrong MovieBob! An all American movie is not complete unless the bad guy is British! Mwahahahah! Fear our superior linguistic skills as we cunningly act out our plans for world domination. Of course, by 'world', I just mean America.

god, I loved the Kingdom. Need to watch that one again

I like that statement about how america has it ether be the most important good or evil, I doesn't matter which, just that were most important. Also I like the comparison to a "liberal rambo" makes me wish the movie took it self less seriously.

good review once again. I was thinking of watching it but not so much now, it been getting mediocre reviews everywhere. I'm apprehensive about watching Iraqi war based movies in the first place because they turn into preachy 1 hour 30 min messages about how troops are great and how the gov't lied to them. We already know they did that...

It always bothers me when movies try and have "deep" messages, and yet be mindless action movies at the same time, even worse when the message is political. It's like, here's a deep philosophical point about the nature of the human condition, and now were gonna have a kick ass chase scene, they just don't mix well together.

Daystar Clarion:
Of course, by 'world', I just mean America.

Y'know, the AWESOME part of the world. XD

heh, visible microphone at 2:17

but good video!

Wow, I'm not the only one who seems to remember who Xanatos is!

Sorry to disappoint you Bob, but Baseball wasn't actually invented in America

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/surrey/7610016.stm

Damn I wanted this to be a good movie...

"While ken and malibu ken sort this one out" was a fkin classic line though.

OWENR22:

Ironically, the only sport invented by America, is basketball. Everything else is an adaptation.

Daystar Clarion:
You're wrong MovieBob! An all American movie is not complete unless the bad guy is British! Mwahahahah! Fear our superior linguistic skills as we cunningly act out our plans for world domination. Of course, by 'world', I just mean America.

while your evil masterminds monologue about their life history and how their daddy was really their mommy and his/her special touch, we have bad ass super secret super soldiers with flame throwing chainsaws with kick-ass one liners saving the day to the theme of the star-spangled banner, all the while playing baseball AND eating apple pie!

OT:

rewatch the movie, Moviebob, and everytime Matt Damon speaks, imagine him saying that.

you will love this movie.

The increasingly over-rated Hurt Locker... bless you sir.

Benjeezy:

Daystar Clarion:

Don't you mean the SHUNNED part of the world? /sarcasm, we Canucks could never rip on our neighbors!

Benjeezy:

Daystar Clarion:

How come I hear the Team America song going off in my head, lol

Daystar Clarion:

OWENR22:

Ironically, the only sport invented by America, is basketball. Everything else is an adaptation.

Which was invented by a Canadian. ;)

Nerf Ninja:

Daystar Clarion:

OWENR22:

Which was invented by a Canadian. ;)

*High five!*

Xanatos, one of my favorite antagonists/benefactors!

wow, this is definately a movie Im not going to see now

Daystar Clarion:

Even more ironically, basketball was invented by a Canadian.

I'm beginning to think that Matt Damon is increasingly more- and more-typecast as the badass intellectual hero guy, just like Jason Statham's archetype is Jason Statham.

Daystar Clarion:

Feel the burn of our ability to articulate our bloated self-esteems!

RAWR!

And of those three only jazz really ever made it abroad..

An in-your-face anti-war movie.

Sounds..........like..........a party.

Green Zone: Bad
The Hurt Locker: Overrated
The Kingdom: Good
Bourne: Boring

OH I GET IT, IT'S OPPOSITE DAY.

I already knew I wasn't going to bother with this movie simply because of the absurdly wooden Damon saying "Get your game-face on" in the commercial for it. It positively reeked of 'Jason Bourne Goes To Iraq'.

That said, the review was entertaining as always, although I don't understand how Hurt Locker can become 'increasingly' overrated when it was generally overlooked initially: I never even heard about it when it was in the theaters. Maybe that's just me being clueless, or a function of the market I live in, but seriously, we're not talking about 'Titanic' here, where not only everyone saw it, but also the critics and the Academy slobbered all over it.

I guess what I'm saying is that calling the movie 'increasingly overrated' creates a false impression that it was wildly popular/critically acclaimed to begin with.

I'll just leave this here
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25546334/

Daystar Clarion:

OWENR22:

EDIT
Crap, someone beat me to it. Oh well, its not like we can too cocky up here in Canada, I mean I've been watching televised CURLING all week. That'll rot your brain in a hurry.

That was really funny this time, I couldn't stop laughing after the arrogance bit. I also saw a billboard for this movie on the way to school. It said "Bourne goes Epic". Right then, I knew it was going to be shit.

Yeah, Jazz, Baseball and Corn Dogs . . .
I wouldn't miss any of 'em if they suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth.
That all you got?

Benjeezy:

Daystar Clarion:

hahaha totally

chenry:
Green Zone: Bad
The Hurt Locker: Overrated
The Kingdom: Good
Bourne: Boring

OH I GET IT, IT'S OPPOSITE DAY.

Hurt Locker is overrated. It was a good movie, but not good enough to deserve it's high rating and extreme hype + oscar. I own it and I enjoyed watching it, but it's not a movie that I'll find myself reminiscing about a year or two from now.

Band of Brothers and Generation Kill made a bigger impact on me than Hurt Locker did.

duchaked:

Benjeezy:

Daystar Clarion:

hahaha totally

I hope you were being as sarcastic as the guy you were quoting.

Daystar Clarion:

OWENR22:

Netball is pretty similar?

Dunno, just throwing that out there.

What's wrong with the Bourne movies?

I kinda like them.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: