Stolen Pixels #177: Two Gamers on a Couch

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #177: Two Gamers on a Couch

It's the most uniquest videogame webcomic evars!

Read Full Article

You had me at Evars!

Still, very funny, and funny because it's true. I play videogames on a microwave all the time.

Well, I put bad videogames in the microwave.

I do the "Thanks for the item, im going to to sell it now" thing on oblivion often!
Great comic =]

I do it pokemon all the time. Read "sell" as "leave in box".

No, I will not use Togepi or Riolu or Pichu or Wynaut or any other pokemon that hatches from an egg you shoved down my throat.

Onyx Oblivion:

No, I will not use Togepi or Riolu or Pichu or Wynaut or any other pokemon that hatches from an egg you shoved down my throat.

Mostly the same, but Togepi and Riolu are actually pretty useful pokemon when raised with some effort.

Borderlands seems to be a big culpit of this.
The guns I get from quests are sooo weeeaaakkk!!

RetroVortex:

Onyx Oblivion:

Mostly the same, but Togepi and Riolu are actually pretty useful pokemon when raised with some effort.

Riolu, yes.

Togepi require far too much work for me to bother, though.

And yet it's STILL funnier than like 98% of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Good work on the "rolling punchline" technique, I counted 3 in there and was still greatly amused.

Gary's Mod: Logic need not apply.

And yet somehow still better than most webcomics with the same premise. The mind is blown sir.

RetroVortex:

Onyx Oblivion:

Naw man, that elephant gun was crazy good... If you were good at no-scopeing. Hehe... "wave" shotgun, so useless.

STOP! You're breaking the 4th wall!
Awesome comic by the way. If you hadn't mentioned it was a microwave I would've thought it was a television.

Hehe aside from the end bit I think I have had a very, simialr conversation once XD

heeeelp, I'm drowning in a sea of recursive metawebcomicking, heeelp!

This is one of the things that Everquest "originally" did well, but seems to have fallen along the wayside (with the possibly exception of LotRo, but more of that later).

Player crafted stuff was excellent. Vendor trash wasn't.

UNFORTUNATELY...spider silk. Drops from a weak level 4 creature, sells for upwards of a platinum piece. Used in EVERYTHING. That means with half an hours farming, you could get enough to outfit your entire character in top of the range equipment. And it only sold for 2 coppers.

Then with the PoP expansions, they had to bring in UBER AWESOME DROPS FROM EVERYTHING. (Level 1 fish that sold for 12 Plat)

BUT...you never got stuck with a basket full of vendor trash like you do in LotRo.

What goes badly wrong with LotRo though is the level requirements and the exotic items. At the moment, Donabella has 20 bottles of strawberry wine that she not only can't drink, but can't sell until level 30.

Thinking about it, the best Trading system I've seen is Star Wars Galaxies. It's just a pity that the rest of the game was ruined by NGE.

I've never actually played EVE, but I've heard good things about that. Maybe one day when I have time...

Beefy PC gaming solves this problem.

Lunther:

Naw man, that elephant gun was crazy good... If you were good at no-scopeing. Hehe... "wave" shotgun, so useless.

The wave shotgun was pretty though, me and 3 other people all equiped it and had a party XD.
Hmm is that a facepunch logo I see on one of those characters shirt? Also I didn't spot the microwave untill they mentioned it and now I feel kinda stupid.

Y'know, I was looking at the first panel and thinking to myself, "Is that a microwave? I guess there aren't many TVs in Garry's Mod."

Then I arrived at the 4th panel and lol'd. Good times.

Hahaha wow! It's two gamers talking about games while playing games in proximity to a couch!!1! :O *SHOCK AND AWE!!1!*

But seriously, the microwave bit had me giggling. :D

I love the 4th wall breaking there at the end. Self-awareness for the win!

A dateless man surely that wasn't a shot at my beloved!!!!

http://www.mrwiggleslovesyou.com/rehab551.html

Making lame jokes about lame comic premises that everyone else already knew was lame 5 years ago is... lame.

Haha. Reminds me of how Wade's Emporium went bankrupt.

I've seen stick figures on a couch playing games, sprites in a sprite comic on a couch playing games, anthropomorphized animals and plants on a couch playing games, lego figures on a couch playing games, basic geometric shapes on a couch playing games, dolls/action-figures on a couch playing games, and people arranged in Poser on a couch playing games - but you know, I don't recall ever seeing a Garry's mod comic featuring a couch and 2 gamers, playing a game (admittedly on a microwave).

Well done Shamus. Despite you best efforts, I believe you may have unintentionally succeeded at creativity here.

Man am I sick of theTwo Gamers on a Couch trope. If I want to read a gaming comic, I want it to be about games not the personal exploits of two deadbeats. If I wanted that, I'd just walk around with a mirror.

The message is mostly true though. Especially in games where monsters on average carry better equipment than what's offered as quest rewards.

I know it was meant to be purposely lame, but I thought the dialog was funny. Probably because I wasn't already aware that happened in MMOs. Just goes to show, it's not the uniqueness of the premise that matters; it's the quality of the gag.

Oh god, the gmod joke made me lol

I've waited till i got all the uniqe stuff from a guy in shivering isles then killed him cause he was anoying. But your right i should have sold it back to him for a tidy profit.

i always felt WoW was more of a heroine like addiction. you may stop but the want, the longing is always there. or at least thats what a friend of mine told me.

I was totally expecting a different punchline. That was awesome, thank you for brightening my day.

Also, MMO quests almost never make sense. It has always been this way.

Hahah, hillarious :D

i totally didnt see that ending coming. still it is garrys mod so you can do anything. plus most quest items you always sell cos on the way to get the items for the quest you get better gear.

I dunno, Shamus. I mean, do you think the world is ready for this revolutionary new method of storytelling? Two people, seated on a couch, playing video games... AND talking about them? You're pushing the envelope here. Minds could be blown!

lol epic last panel.

secretsantaone:
Beefy PC gaming solves this problem.

Ia Cthulu. Ia Nvidia.

now that is what i called originality

Lunther:
And yet somehow still better than most webcomics with the same premise. The mind is blown sir.

RetroVortex:

Onyx Oblivion:

but so cool looking

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or