Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 9

Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 9

Oh, so that's what mail is for...

Read Full Article

intresting now you will have to do the post missions. cant wait to hear what happens next.

I wonder if the Royal mail vans get to speed because they are carrying mail...

once again an excellent read. this is becoming one of my favorite features on the escapist.

If my memory serves me well (which it often doesn't)

lulzytown XD good one.

btw if you want to make some scratch right quick. just sell EVERYTHING you pickup at the auction house. I made enough for 2 mounts by the time i made it to the mount riding lvl just selling miscellaneous junk i pick up from killing things.

You mind putting up a video of the speed difference, Shamus?

you know... i actually loved the postman and pie delivering missions

johnman:
I wonder if the Royal mail vans get to speed because they are carrying mail...

Hehe...such a good question XD

Loving it though Shamus...This is certainly becoming one of my favourite comics!

You just can't trust the postal service in any game ever...

The screenshots of Lulzy dumping the mail just kill me.

Damn you Shamus, I laughed so hard it became difficult for me to breathe. It has been a long time since that happened. This is by far one of the funniest things I have ever read.

Haha I love it.

bit disappointed about the lack of song though ;)

Susan Arendt:
The screenshots of Lulzy dumping the mail just kill me.

Hehe I loved them as well. I guess I'm a good little hobbit because I never even thought of just using the mail delivery quests as a speed boost. /doh

Don't feel so bad; I've read LotR at least a dozen times, and never caught the proper spelling of Michel Delving, either. I always wondered who Michael was, and why a village would be named after him...

This was the best one yet. I laughed so hard my office mates just stared at me.. Great job, dont stop!

Shamus, you need to do the hide-and-seek quest from the hobbit Rollo Newbuck (near the town center of Mich[a]el Delving).

There's a fantastic pair of pretty purple footwear that are a must-have for anyone starting out on a journey of fashion. =P

If you could get the speed bonuses to stack, you'd need to run at about 10 km/h base speed, run up a 45 degree slope and carry about 54 letters so you could reach vertical escape velocity (assuming the gravity is about the same in Middle Earth). You could be the first hobbit in outer space!

Oh? This week's song? Yeah. About that.

I mailed it to you.

And sent it COD...no way am I paying up! ;)

Hilarious once again! And Lulzy plays on Silverlode! I'm so proud to have a such a funny player on my server.

Best one yet!

OT: Some of those textures, especially the grass, look really bad. The Bag End roof was particularly glaring.

And so Lulzy's brilliant adventures continue. I really enjoyed that!

All right, it's official: This feature has just surpassed Zero Punctuation for me! So hysterically funny! Plus, I've been enlightened--I played LOTRO for about a week, and decided not to stick with it primarily because all I did was run from town to town delivering mail. And I never even realized I got the speed boost while carrying mail! My eyes are opened to the possibilities of fun in LOTRO.

Shamus you fool Turbine doesn't negotiate with terrorists besides I'm sure there's another auction house nearby

Funny. Very funny. This might be the best one so far--looking forward to the next!

Amarsir:
Best one yet!

OT: Some of those textures, especially the grass, look really bad. The Bag End roof was particularly glaring.

He is not playing in High Textures. The textures in this game are really good if you have DX10 and a good graphics card.

wickedpt:

Amarsir:
Best one yet!

He is not playing in High Textures. The textures in this game are really good if you have DX10 and a good graphics card.

This is actually a problem with the Turbine assets - they vary too much in detail levels. So you'll end up with two surfaces next to each other, one with 8x the image data as its neighbor. Yes, you CAN fix this by cranking up the resolution, but that's an extremely wasteful brute-force solution. Adjacent objects should never be more than double their neighbors. If 128x128 texture is covering a square meter surface, then the next surface shouldn't be more than 256x256. Turbine will occasionally jump from 64 to 512, and that will always look bad, regardless of how much you spend on graphics cards.

EDIT: Shorter answer: It's not a problem with their technology, it's a problem with their art process and policies.

I really can't wait until Lulzy will be doing the cake delivery quests. But did Lulzy try and ask for dye in the chat channels? I guess someone will easily send a gift to such a nice young hobbit girl. I'd do immediately - if Lulzy were on Belegaer.

BTW high end chars often have hundreds of gold...

This series is amazing, it just gets better and better. It is like taking a happy pill. I come back to my room, tired and depressed about my college classes, then I read this and it erases all the crap that happened during the day(I'll impress you next time, creative writing professor!)

This series is hilarious and I hope it doesn't end too soon in favour of a Star Trek online version.

Outstanding, this is so funny. I actually liked the silly shire quests, Pies, cakes, post, inn league, pub crawling.... /burp

Euh, *cough*, Shamus? It's been nearly a week... :D

Had me laughing so hard about talking to the post master, "yea I know where it goes" zoooom. If only NPCs in games could be dynamic enough to yell at you when doing stuff like this, it would make it that much more hillarious!

I haven't received the song yet. Can you email it to me again? ;-)

the whole dumping mail bit is just too funny xD or...not dumping them from now on I guess

also nice touch with the LOTR trivia...I need to re-read the books lol

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here