Hands On: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pages PREV 1 2

Have to add Greg Tito to the no christmas card list for getting to play this before me but that out of the way thanks for giving an inside look at a game I'm sure many of us can't wait to see released.

Yurimistress:
While my hopes are high for this game I can't help but get nervous at their description of the combat mechanics. Sounds very Champions Online and we all know how well that turned out...

Sure is a bit of a train wreck but it slowly on the tracks still and you know what...its a fun game 0-o

DP

With a year to go until launch, combined with Biowares track record for polish, I think this game is going to be something to behold. Especially if they break from the standard combat system for most MMO's. A real time combat engine, with full dodge mechanics and positional collision damage, would be the best thing for this game.

If they can make the classes balanced, then I'll definitely try this game out for sure.

I want this game NAO PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!

arc1991:

Arachon:
So far, it seems like WoW with a Star Wars skin and some more story. Meh.

Also, wasn't this supposed to be set in the Old Republic Era? Where'd the "separatists" come from? Sounds like LA is trying to do their "be like the movies"-thing again.

yep, cause wow had lasers, big ships, MANY planets to go to, oo and also the bloody force.

and the word separatists?

"Separatism is the advocacy of a state of cultural, ethnic, tribal, religious, racial, governmental or gender separation from the larger group, often with demands for greater political autonomy and even for full political secession and the formation of a new state".

trust me, this game is going to be nothing like WoW and is going to be nothing like the movies.

Lasers
BIG Ships Oshu'gun is bigger, but all you'll get is a picture of the mountain it became.
Other planets
The bloody Force

It also has Lightsabers, but I'll be buggered if I can remember the name of it...

Chipperz:

arc1991:

Arachon:
So far, it seems like WoW with a Star Wars skin and some more story. Meh.

Also, wasn't this supposed to be set in the Old Republic Era? Where'd the "separatists" come from? Sounds like LA is trying to do their "be like the movies"-thing again.

yep, cause wow had lasers, big ships, MANY planets to go to, oo and also the bloody force.

and the word separatists?

"Separatism is the advocacy of a state of cultural, ethnic, tribal, religious, racial, governmental or gender separation from the larger group, often with demands for greater political autonomy and even for full political secession and the formation of a new state".

trust me, this game is going to be nothing like WoW and is going to be nothing like the movies.

Lasers
BIG Ships Oshu'gun is bigger, but all you'll get is a picture of the mountain it became.
Other planets
The bloody Force

It also has Lightsabers, but I'll be buggered if I can remember the name of it...

now try and find a Battlesation that can blow up planets, then ill be impressed =P

I'm really disappointed that they threw in Jedi classes like they said they weren't going to do. We have had star wars games without playable Jedi, and they were awesome. Playable Jedi are just overplayed.

I'm more excited though, they they're breaking from the WoW mold and choosing quality over quantity when it comes to questing. I might play it if they push the grind to the back burner and the game is simply fun to play. The emphasis on story will be interesting, since the typical MMO just ignores this, and the typical MMO player just skips through all the quest text.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here