Doomsday Arcade: Finale Preview

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Timtimfed:
Finale Preview

Get a sneak peak at the upcoming dramatic conclusion to Doomsday Arcade.

Watch Video

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't there a badge that said there will be 26 episodes? I feel like I've been lied to.

NNNUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I hate when awesome things come to and end. Please tell us you will continue to make awesome shows even if they aren't in this series!?!?!

nooo, fantastic series coming to an end

So don't want this to end and leave us with the three steaming turds for shows that get updated on Thursdays. Or that fucking "Hit it with my axe" or whatever it isn't called.

this is going to be EPIC. i hope you guys come out with a dvd for this series.

Can't wait :D. I hope they do another series after

OMFG FTW I MUST SEE IT!!!!!!!!

OptimusPrime33:

2012 Wont Happen:

zombie711:
im running out of things to watch on this website

Well, at least we still have Unskippable and Zero Punctuation.

Also, if enough people buy Unforgotten Realms DVDs more episodes of that will be made.

Also, with a good knight quest, we have a viable replaceme-

ah, what am I on about? Nothing will be able to replace Doomsday Arcade as the best show on this site!

AMEN BROTHER! (or sister)

NOTHING BEATS DOOMSDAY!!!!

True dat...True dat...though zero punctuation and unskippable are still awsome...also "Doraleous and associates" and "game dogs" seem to be shapeing up to be pritty good shows...well Doraleous and associates is at least,still can't make up my mind about game dogs.

Woop! So it's come down to this. I hope it's a good finale.

he heh heh, typical humour and self-mocking. LOVE IT.

But yeah, get on with it already.

i fell both your pains
*runs into bathroom and crys for loudly

Goremocker:

OptimusPrime33:

2012 Wont Happen:

zombie711:
im running out of things to watch on this website

Well, at least we still have Unskippable and Zero Punctuation.

Also, if enough people buy Unforgotten Realms DVDs more episodes of that will be made.

Also, with a good knight quest, we have a viable replaceme-

ah, what am I on about? Nothing will be able to replace Doomsday Arcade as the best show on this site!

AMEN BROTHER! (or sister)

NOTHING BEATS DOOMSDAY!!!!

True dat...True dat...though zero punctuation and unskippable are still awsome...also "Doraleous and associates" and "game dogs" seem to be shapeing up to be pritty good shows...well Doraleous and associates is at least,still can't make up my mind about game dogs.

Every show except for, IMO, Rebecca Mayes, I Hit it with my Axe, LRR,and ENN. But just in My Opinion.

COMING SOON
(valve time)
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

there will be brawl,unforgotten realms,now doomsday arcade?who's next zero punctuation?

Darzen:
there will be brawl,unforgotten realms,now doomsday arcade?who's next zero punctuation?

zero punctuation doesn't have a plot that could lead to an end, but i see your point

Oh this will be good.

DaveHz:

Zedar0:

24 felt very rushed and sloppy. It started off all right with the graveyard scene, but once it got into fighting the generals, it stopped being good. For being generals (and thus some of the best in Mario's army), they went down way too easy. In previous episodes, there were always tons of obstacles in the way, not to mention each game character's abilities to deal with, but now Shanks can suddenly teleport to every general and immediately kill them? I don't think so. It was simply incoherent, and most of the general encounters weren't even that good. The puns didn't help things, either.

He wasn't teleporting, they just aren't gonna show you in real time all the journey between generals, the same way they won't show you the whole fight, only the part where they loose.
In my opinion to this end, the generals' individual scenes all started as if the fight had already begun and Shanks had several different changes in clothes to infer a lot of time or several days at least, throughout the whole montage. What's more, you can take into consideration Shanks & Lund wouldn't have a change in outfit as often as days throughout the series so it's more than several days.

It doesn't matter what the intent is, it's what it comes off as. And in this case, it made it look like the journey, which had been very troublesome before, and which should be much harder now because, after all, these are the generals, not just random characters running around (oh wait...), suddenly piss-easy (it was basically nothing but "Hey X, [pun goes here], <general killed>, [another pun]," as if that was the whole "fight"). It doesn't match up.

There was a lot of potential with each general, each of which could have had their own episode, or even just a few of them together per episode for brevity's sake. But instead, they just crammed them all in there in a fanservice-type way, and I feel like the episode suffered because of it.

SirBryghtside:
Wantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwantwant

WANT.

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm thinking right now.

Holy fucking hell. I can't wait :D!

Zedar0:

DaveHz:

Zedar0:

24 felt very rushed and sloppy. It started off all right with the graveyard scene, but once it got into fighting the generals, it stopped being good. For being generals (and thus some of the best in Mario's army), they went down way too easy. In previous episodes, there were always tons of obstacles in the way, not to mention each game character's abilities to deal with, but now Shanks can suddenly teleport to every general and immediately kill them? I don't think so. It was simply incoherent, and most of the general encounters weren't even that good. The puns didn't help things, either.

He wasn't teleporting, they just aren't gonna show you in real time all the journey between generals, the same way they won't show you the whole fight, only the part where they loose.
In my opinion to this end, the generals' individual scenes all started as if the fight had already begun and Shanks had several different changes in clothes to infer a lot of time or several days at least, throughout the whole montage. What's more, you can take into consideration Shanks & Lund wouldn't have a change in outfit as often as days throughout the series so it's more than several days.

It doesn't matter what the intent is, [b]it's what it comes off as[b]. And in this case, it made it look like the journey, which had been very troublesome before, and which should be much harder now because, after all, these are the generals, not just random characters running around (oh wait...), suddenly piss-easy (it was basically nothing but "Hey X, [pun goes here], <general killed>, [another pun]," as if that was the whole "fight"). It doesn't match up.

There was a lot of potential with each general, each of which could have had their own episode, or even just a few of them together per episode for brevity's sake. But instead, they just crammed them all in there in a fanservice-type way, and I feel like the episode suffered because of it.

It's what it came off as TO YOU. It didn't come off as such to me.

dalek sec:

The_root_of_all_evil:
SO cannot wait.

But then...it's over...

*cries*

I feel your pain Root, I truely do feel your pain. I am going to miss this series when it ends.
*weeps inside his casing*

Poor little sad dalek, we feel your pain

I wish instead of FEAR they did Silent Hill, would have been better

Its going to be sad to see it end, and its going to be an awesome ending. their better be a 2nd show lund and shanks get to run (not a second doomsday arcade unless its good)

I want this so badly, any clarification on when soon is?

Cannot Wait!!! Been an awesome show, I loved watching it! I will be sad to see it end :(

I'm no legal expert so I don't know the process of such things but Lucasfilm owns the rights to the lightsabre sound effects. Better be careful using them.

hidden walls:

dududf:

THEY SAID COMING SOON!

Hah!!

If it takes longer then a month then they lied! ಠ_ಠ

you have never met blizzard have you :)

Or Valve. What is it with content creators and deadlines!?

Doomsday Arcade Goes first, Apocalypse Lane is coming to an end, There Will Be Brawl is over, Unforgotten Realms is on Hiatus, Game Dogs and Doraleous REALLY suck, and I Hit It With My Axe is meh. Soon all we Escapists will have is good old ZP, Unskippable, ENN, LRR, and Stolen Pixels in addition to the actual magazine. Why must the good die so young!!?

Tuddle:
Oh My Epic God.

This is going to be one awesome epic ending episode.

And all the kings horses and all the kings men won't give a crap.(refering to this guys avatar)

Can't wait, this looks fricking awesome!

hmmm... I'll add my own text to the trailer then.

Will mankind be saved?
Will Lazer Cat be avenged?
Will the advice from Shanks barkeep/mentorfiggure have ANY usefull outcome?

Find out, in the thrilling conclution of DOOMSDAY ARCADE!

its the same over and over again. we cant wait for the finale but that means the end of the show! god damn it!

At the very least Escapist should post it on the front page instead of some of the stuff they got now.(Game Dogs and Doraleaus are the ones i'm talking about.)

wait no! please say thats the season finale.. not not the very very end! NOOOOO!T.T

Catchy Slogan:

The_root_of_all_evil:
SO cannot wait.

But then...it's over...

*cries*

Fear not, it shall live on forever in our hearts! *que sad, dramatic titanic music*

Our damnably LAZERLESS hearts, at that

This looks incredible, and not a bit anticlimactic

I wonder where they got all the extras from for that battle scene, though

Uni campus?

I'm hoping that the finale comes out this upcoming Thursday. Given that they posted the preview for it two Thursdays ago, it wouldn't be a stretch. Though, it WILL be April Fool's Day...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here