Rebecca Mayes Muses: The Mirror

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The Mirror

A look at what the games we play have to say about us.

Be sure to join Rebecca Mayes Muses Facebook Fan Page here.

Watch Video

When I first saw this, I was like: "the Mirror, what game is that?"
I liked the song though, great music, lyrics and message, but I don't think we'll be seeing "unperfect" bodies is game for a while. Even though it'd be nice.
I liked how you dressed yourself to get a less perfect body though, (I mean that as a compliment by the way) I found it to be both funny and satirical : )
I Liked it, try more things like this!

5 stars! :)

This was awesome
And to quote George Palmer, 5 stars:)

Aye that was a nice song.

Although, I concede that if everyone looked normal, it'd be a kind of boring game, or at least affect the over all feel of it.

that was just visc.... SLEDGEHAMMER!
no, seriously i like this one very, very, very, very... ( <minutes later> ) ...very, very much

and i bet this song's theme is something a lot of gamers thought about (i sure know i did and do; if given the choice i always make a female character to not look like the usual plastic-barbie-supposed-to-be-seen-as-perfect); or at least i sure hope so

where can i get the Ceeee-Deeee??? (preferably with the previous songs and videos, but especially THIS ONE)

...did i mention i liked this one very, very... much? =D

Another of your catchy songs... thanks!

apparently heavy rain has a reasonably chubby man in it...

I liked the theme of the song, i liked the music played. I've started to like these Muses now ^^ they bring a breath of fresh air to my internet expectations (being very low standard... i tend to only watch things that make me laugh)

This is my favorite of your songs.

I also want games where the characters aren't all the ideal shape and size.

Big boobs are nice and all, but a bit more variety would be nice.

Easily one of my favorites, music, song, and video. Keep it up.

AWESOME!

Always love your work Rebecca! Great song =D

I like this one, there is a lot of truth here. Maybe figures in games are more "perfect" than in a real life, but at least in our reality there are less clones and more variety

Incredible, incredible, incredible, incredible, *Incredible* song! Best one by far! Alas, this song won't stop me from attempting to lose my fat and gain some muscle. I hate what I look like and I want to change it.

Like the fact thats she's decided to step back and and not do a song review.

Good way to free up the creative juices while keeping it relevant and all.

Nice.

I fully support the idea of not basing the song on a specific game.

Fantastic work! One of your best songs yet, and the message is a really good one :)

Really good song/ lyrics and a nice clear message. Wonderful.

One of my favorites so far. The music was great and you have a REALLY beautiful voice. I wish I could sing like that :(

Haha that was a really nice song and i liked the message.

*golf clap*, good work.

That was the best song you've ever made. Good god that was fantastic.

riottrio:

Correct, and he's got a very likeable personality as well. Scott Shelby is an epic character in Heavy Rain.

OT: cute song and refreshing topic. This is the reason why I support Rebecca Mayes Muses: its diversity and creativity.

Top notch; one of your best.

I remember when scientists calculated that Lara Croft would topple over...

I guess games are just a more extreme example of all media, since in games you don't have to cast your perfect people, you just create them.

You really have a point there, Rebecca, even though you don't look like you should have any trouble with modern ideas of beauty ;-) It's the mentioned geeks that watch your movies.

I can only agree, a great song! (I think I still prefer the Sims one though...)

Another great song. Although like someone else posted earlier I said to myself "The Mirror? What game is that?"

Funny part about this was last weekend my GF was commenting to me how so many game characters look alike if you look at general body-types.

This is pure truth. It can also be expanded to so many other media and things in general that it boggles the mind. We're all a little better for having seen this.

Gamers have an idealist view true, but the stereotypical gamer can't afford to have such standards in reality.

Joa_Belgium:

riottrio:

Correct, and he's got a very likeable personality as well. Scott Shelby is an epic character in Heavy Rain.

OT: cute song and refreshing topic. This is the reason why I support Rebecca Mayes Muses: its diversity and creativity.

EPIC Heavy Rain spoiler:

Good song miss Mayes, and nver a truer word. Saddly I feel that the average character in games has been long forgoten in dev/publishers obssesion with making games "cinematic" instead of imaginative. I say dump space marine 4,920,890,569,0....(you get the point) and bring back games about future dustmen having to clean planets from man eating rubbish and gangs of super intelligent rats......Hay, that's a great idea for a game. HANDS OFF!!!! IT'S MY IDEA!!!!!

By far the best you've done so far, made a great point and was really catchy. More video game characters should drink roobios tea!

Beautiful song; my new favorite. I love the drum beat.
The lyrics are very true.

wow that was a really touching song.

keep up the good work!

Yes! Thank you Rebecca! This is a not just a great commentary on gamer society, but a damn good song as well.

HOLY CRAP!!! Did that just happen?!

Yeah, I think it did...

I actually broke out in a.... dance....

Awesome!

Stabby Joe:
Gamers have an idealist view true, but the stereotypical gamer can't afford to have such standards in reality.

Joa_Belgium:

riottrio:

EPIC Heavy Rain spoiler:

More about the EPIC Heavy Rain spoiler:

Epic stuff. Heavy Rain is a masterpiece.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here