The Pocket Gamer Report: Why Nintendo's Handheld Future Could Lie in the Past

The Pocket Gamer Report: Why Nintendo's Handheld Future Could Lie in the Past

Nintendo just doesn't seem interested in including retro games on the DSi.

Read Full Article

You know what, if Nintendo did that I would consider buying a Wii. If not, well, there is always the next generation to save up for.

Nintendo not exploiting it's fan base? LIES I say!

Yes I had my heart broken by nintendo

How is the company responcable for the feature length commercial that was the Wizard and have penny and dimed us for every freaking perphial ever concieved not use this?

PayJ567:
Nintendo not exploiting it's fan base? LIES I say!

Yes I had my heart broken by nintendo

Awwww.

But it does seem weird that wouldnt try to bleed the rock of blood and then some...hmm...Wonder what they are up to!

Hmm, I thought they already had done this to the DSi, but apparently not. At least it would seem like good business.

Man, Nintendo fucking HATES decent graphics, huh

yeah.. virtual console w/e, all i want is my gamecube lvl portable and copies of every zelda and mario game under the sun.

ark123:

How would you define decent?

In terms of sprite quality I'd say the latest HGSS remakes of pokemon (the battle sequences) are pretty darn nice. But I've always enjoyed their meshing of retro looks with modern graphic updates.

Sort of like a weird pixal version of steampunk. But instead of steam and ... punk or whatever it is...they combine the old feel of their original titles while still updating the entire thing.

Hard to describe I guess.

But if you are comparing it to GOWIII then yeah I'd say they are certainly screwing the pooch on keeping up to date.

Then again I wish game companies would cut back on graphics if the cost is so abhorrent they can't make a decent game because of it.

Nintendo is against doing extras it seems. They've always had extra ports on systems that mostly went unused, SNES has the port on the bottom, 64 had a similar one (the disc drive was japan only and flopped), GCN had a few but the modem ports really only had like 2 games that supported them and the GBA player. They seem to stick to a strict way of using what they have. DSI ware is all they planned and that's all they'll do probably.

They have a weird method of operating but what can you do

theultimateend:

ark123:

In terms of sprite quality I'd say the latest HGSS remakes of pokemon (the battle sequences) are pretty darn nice. But I've always enjoyed their meshing of retro looks with modern graphic updates.

You gotta admit though, a few decent animations in the battle would be nice. Just having the pokemon sit there is horiffically outdated, even FF1 had the people run forward and move a little.

if they did that i would probably have to get a wii.

Neosage:

theultimateend:

ark123:

You gotta admit though, a few decent animations in the battle would be nice. Just having the pokemon sit there is horiffically outdated, even FF1 had the people run forward and move a little.

I end up turning off animations when leveling most times unfortunately anyways. If they raised EXP gains from battles I'd be all for animating the battles more :).

Kudos to them on the gameplay front they streamlined everything from PC's to Berry farming this time around. I'm starting to consider this one contiguous offline MMO that has expansion packs every year (or so) :P

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here