Escapist News Network: Games for Pets

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

That was... interesting.

ENN got destroyed at that ending. I lol'd.

Joe Matsuda:
whats with them and the set lately?

first Graham is walking through and going behind the set, and now letters are falling off!

anyways, it was a lovely, funny episode (like usual)

They've moved the set (among other stuff) into a new office, and want to show off. But frankly I don't thin anyone has gotten it =)

MatsJn:

Kuliani:
As of now, anyone that makes comments similar to what is taking over this thread, will be punished as the Posting Guidelines have been amended:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.116827.5464306

(talk about her appearance again, and you'll get banned)

ye, so I liked the ..uh.. lighting, ye that was nice. The logo is looking fine as ever, oh and don't forget the camera work, wonderfully executed. No no, I'm not commenting on the people in the actual shot, no no don't get me wrong there...

You know, that amendment makes it impossible to comment on: pronouciation, delivery, costume work, faked accents, make-up, slapstick etc. since they revolve around the appearance of the characters in the video.

It becomes near impossible to offer any kind of comment, especially on much of the Loading Ready Run, as they frequently 'play' themselves. Where the body of the entire video revolves around one or more persons and how they appear and act.

According to that guideline, discussing that Morgan was painted green in one of the latest videos would be grounds for banning, yet that was one of the bigger jokes in the sketch.

I understand the point you are making, and I have a feeling you know the point of that amendments to the guidelines as well.

Obviously, if the point of the video was actually physical features people would not get in trouble for talking about said physical features. It's when people start discussing the attributes that aren't the point of the video that isn't fair to the entertainers.

Metaphor: If an entertainer on stage was performing for an audience, and someone in the audience started shouting leering comments, that person would be removed from the building by security/bouncers. Unless the entertainer is an erotic dancer doing an erotic dance, then the security/bouncers would not remove them unless they "go too far" with their comments.

We are trying to protect our entertainers.

Edit: Bah I just noticed the post above not allowing these kind of refenences, I was somewhat indirect but better to be on the safe side. :P

Kuliani:

MatsJn:

Kuliani:
As of now, anyone that makes comments similar to what is taking over this thread, will be punished as the Posting Guidelines have been amended:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/9.116827.5464306

(talk about her appearance again, and you'll get banned)

ye, so I liked the ..uh.. lighting, ye that was nice. The logo is looking fine as ever, oh and don't forget the camera work, wonderfully executed. No no, I'm not commenting on the people in the actual shot, no no don't get me wrong there...

You know, that amendment makes it impossible to comment on: pronouciation, delivery, costume work, faked accents, make-up, slapstick etc. since they revolve around the appearance of the characters in the video.

It becomes near impossible to offer any kind of comment, especially on much of the Loading Ready Run, as they frequently 'play' themselves. Where the body of the entire video revolves around one or more persons and how they appear and act.

According to that guideline, discussing that Morgan was painted green in one of the latest videos would be grounds for banning, yet that was one of the bigger jokes in the sketch.

I understand the point you are making, and I have a feeling you know the point of that amendments to the guidelines as well.

Obviously, if the point of the video was actually physical features people would not get in trouble for talking about said physical features. It's when people start discussing the attributes that aren't the point of the video that isn't fair to the entertainers.

Metaphor: If an entertainer on stage was performing for an audience, and someone in the audience started shouting leering comments, that person would be removed from the building by security/bouncers. Unless the entertainer is an erotic dancer doing an erotic dance, then the security/bouncers would not remove them unless they "go too far" with their comments.

We are trying to protect our entertainers.

Then why doesn't the first line read something similar to: "Do not discuss the physical attributes of the people interviewed, shown, or featured in the videos or pictures, unless they are clearly stated as being an integral part of the performance in question"

This would allow me to comment on Ash's appearance in the previous ENN since her body was an integral part of the joke, whereas Kathleen's body isn't.

Although the fact that saying "hey, I like your hair" is a bannable offence still remains.

-

You know what you mean, and I know what you mean. But what is stopping a notorius moderator (current or future) from banning everyone who even makes a remote comment to anyone's appearance?

Lady Kathleen:
Hey everyone! Protip, I will be at PAX east with Graham, Paul and the rest of LRR. Come say hi to me and my boobs.

How did I know you would have a sense of humor about all this???

EDIT: This is probably going to reduce my credibility on this site by 99%, but what is PAX east?

EDIT2: Wait...Penny Arcade eXpo?

I want that ps3 :P

Great improv at the end by Graham!

MatsJn:

Although the fact that saying "hey, I like your hair" is a bannable offence still remains.

The phrase "if you can't say it to their faces in polite company, you can't say it here" of the amendment seems quite self explanatory to me. Nobody would get thrown out of a party for telling someone they like their hairdo. Compared to that, some comments in this thread would get you a knee to the groin.

septemris:

MatsJn:

The phrase "if you can't say it to their faces in polite company, you can't say it here" of the amendment seems quite self explanatory to me. Nobody would get thrown out of a party for telling someone they like their hairdo. Compared to that, some comments in this thread would get you a knee to the groin.

Don't get me wrong, I applaud any attempt at making this forum respectable, it has been a wretched hive of scum and villainy for long enough now.

-

But I do raise the question of uncertainty and misinterpretation. Note that the line "if you can't say it to their faces in polite company, you can't say it here" is not only parenthesised, but is also superseded by "Do not discuss the people interviewed, shown, or featured in the videos or pictures." and "This includes what you may consider to be a complement". This defines a rather simply priority, and one that, most certainly, does not reflect the intent of the creator.

A simple reworking of the first line aswell as removal of parenthesis in the last line, will remove much of the ambiguity and help insure that the intent of the amendment is made clear.

Having a great time at PAX. Cool seeing you all, and here's one of our cats playing his favorite video game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AG0G7ApCBc

ed. Decided expressing my love for the tender gender wasn't worth losing access to the March Mayhem over.

MatsJn:

Joe Matsuda:
whats with them and the set lately?

first Graham is walking through and going behind the set, and now letters are falling off!

anyways, it was a lovely, funny episode (like usual)

They've moved the set (among other stuff) into a new office, and want to show off. But frankly I don't thin anyone has gotten it =)

Hang on what, Moonbase 3 now?! When did that happen?

Edit: Never mind, I just checked the LRR site. Way to go me for guessing they kept the Moonbase name XD

Remleiz:

Incidently, i never noticed how great Kathleen's rack is before ;)

She is actually pretty attractive, i think its nearly about time someone started a "would you do her" poll about this one.... (< = sarcasm)

Man this totally minor show of flesh has caused quite a stir, I can't believe they even ridiculously changed the rules about it, come on guys if you want stay a member the first rule about Kathleen's boobs is that you don't talk about Kathleen's boobs!!

Obligatory boob related comment out the way

The episode was pretty average as many of them are , being a fan of LRR before they came to the escapist i personally think the stuff here isn't anywhere near as good i duno whether thats because they don't have complete creative control or something but if i wasn't already a fan and seen their funnier stuff and wanted graham to adopt me then i doubt i would bother watching these every week....

Regardless next weeks show so has to be a self parody titled "boobgate" presented by Graham in a bikini

As is every male who has seen this episode thinks...god damn Kathleen :p

Other than that, twas funny keep it up :D

EDITing: To say I am in no way objectifying her, she's very attractive but yeah I'd like not to get banned, though props if her intention was to get everyone talking about her heh

Not pointing fingers at anyone here, but none puts on a V neck that stretches down to the belly without being aware of how it will be recieved in a male dominated target demographic.

Before entering the board I was trying to think to use a nice compliment to Kathleen without giving away the obvious drooling.

But I see that is mission impossible now.

Games for cats. I wonder what market is left for the producers to sell. Nazis maybe?

What is the line Kathleen says at the end before she leaps up and destroys the ENN logo? Something about angelkitties?

I say old chap:
Good one guys. The resentment towards industry decisions and mocking portrayal of people types and groups is why I watch this.

That and Kathleen... *dreams*

OT: I love the endings of the recently new ones. Time to get superglue. :D

It looks like Sniffly was not the word of the day.

Very funny episode. You guys should do a gag reel sometime.

MatsJn:

Really? I'm more of a fan to the old hairstyle. I find it sleeker and more "office-like".

Yeah, I'm a sucker for the longer hair. XD

I do love the cats with the wiimote, they seem far less evil than mine. What with my cat plotting planetary destruction and all.

\

Remleiz:
One of the better episodes of recent weeks, good job.

......so I'm the only one who didn't notice that until reading the comments...I don't know whether I should be pleased because I've transcended the limits of an adolescent brain, or jump of an aqueduct for being oblivious.

darth gditch:
\

Remleiz:

......so I'm the only one who didn't notice that until reading the comments...I don't know whether I should be pleased because I've transcended the limits of an adolescent brain, or jump of an aqueduct for being oblivious.

This depends entirely on how often you get laid. If you, like the statistical proven majority of us, have barely touched a woman, then there's something wrong with you when you don't notice every "little" detail like this.

darth gditch:
\

Remleiz:

This depends entirely on how often you get laid. If you, like the statistical proven majority of us, have barely touched a woman, then there's something wrong with you when you don't notice every "little" detail like this. If you on the other hand have a healthy real life with occasional relations with the opposite sex, then consider your transcension correct and complete.

Chech:
That was genius.

"Cats are like old people; when they get bored, they get destructive"

Love it. Keep it up.

hahaha!! :D That's my quote of the month :P

Also... I do love it when Kathleen de Vere decides to wear lowcut tops. I assume as a veiled attack on the air headed bimbo stereotypes of female broadcasters....
(cringes as the Mod Eagles descend and tear him a structurally superfluous anus)

EDIT:

Kathleen de Vere is a great writer and posses the subtle blend of comic timing and the ability to keep a straight face necessary to make this show as funny as it is.
She's pretty, yes, but that's not why I watch the show.
I watch the show because she's funny.

And Graham is a dreamboat.

Hhhmmmm, my favorite phrase was actually "Surrogate fur babies".

My last cat couldn't ever be interested in tv's or mirrors. The one previous to that actually figured out that standing in front of the tv got him attention. He was a lot of fun during movie nights, world cup matches and the like.

And for the record I've always thought Kathleen looks great, this episode changes nothing.

Boba Frag:
Say hello to the Engineer... :)

compelling

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook