Game Dogs: Episode 11: Interview

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Pinstar:

The only really good joke, and good because it was subtle, was the "We're in full 32 colors"

but aren't dogs color blind? Or unless they gave them color sight in this video(maybe other furries gave them color vision in their fanfic as well)

I got a good chuckle from the drawing of Satan sitting behind Chet and Roger. He seems mighty familiar. :)

Snapette:

Boba Frag:

Didn't help that I really cannot stand cavalier king charles >_< Rat bastards.

Where was there a Cavvie? O.o I personally think they're cute dogs, but I didn't see one in this show.

A friend of mine used to have one... Try holding a conversation with constant "yapyapyapyapyapyap" in the background :-/
Ever since, they haven't really been high in my esteem :P

I thought the reporter was one, which was why I brought it up, though I'm more than open to the idea that I may be mistaken.

Nice job, guys. Not quite as good as last weeks (except there was no but sniffing, so points there), but still great.

"will the game have... graphics?" great.

Boba Frag:

A friend of mine used to have one... Try holding a conversation with constant "yapyapyapyapyapyap" in the background :-/

I thought the reporter was one, which was why I brought it up, though I'm more than open to the idea that I may be mistaken.

Ah...that I understand, for my mom's Maltese is the same way. I try to never blame the breed though, because other Maltese I've known are the sweetest things, and the Cavaliers actually always struck me as being one of the less yappy toy dogs--but of course they're all different! However I think the reporter is probably supposed to be a Papillon anyway, with the erect ears and all. ^^

I know this is Russ Pitt's baby project so I won't be too hard.

But I gave this show another try after a month of ignoring it and I won't make that mistake again.

The Escapist has some nice artists and animators but the writing is just bad. It's not interesting, it's not funny, it's just bland.

If the Escapist wants an in-house video series it needs to get writers that can come up with humorous characters and funny situations.

This show reminds me of slipping in dog crap and landing on it, but instead-wait...no that's pretty much it. Doraleous and Associates is kick ass and funny and this show just isn't doin' it for me.

Sooooo... Blood's bad?

Maybe I missed the point, but I thought this ep was the worst so far...

Snapette:

Boba Frag:

Ah...that I understand, for my mom's Maltese is the same way. I try to never blame the breed though, because other Maltese I've known are the sweetest things, and the Cavaliers actually always struck me as being one of the less yappy toy dogs--but of course they're all different! However I think the reporter is probably supposed to be a Papillon anyway, with the erect ears and all. ^^

Heh, fair enough! Can't say I'm an expert on dog breeds, particularly the multitude of smaller dogs like Maltese, Cavaliers etc. There's just so damn many of them! lol
You're right, the breed shouldn't be held acountable.

I mean, I own a German shepard, and I believe the common stereotype for them is attack dogs/ watch dogs etc... basically mean mother truckers.
Well... my dog seems to have missed the memo there, he's a grade A loveable slob who rarely pays cats any attention.

ForgottenPr0digy:

Pinstar:

The only really good joke, and good because it was subtle, was the "We're in full 32 colors"

but aren't dogs color blind? Or unless they gave them color sight in this video(maybe other furries gave them color vision in their fanfic as well)

They are, but they can see different shades of gray. So '32 color' would mean 32 different shades of gray.

I'm just guessing based on the context.

Though that would call into question why the stage show next to them would have so many colorful lights...

Was that Susan Arendt?

Huh. Very much improved Russ! Hell, even the little slide at the beginning actually made me laugh.

"The department put this slide here to annoy you. TO ANNOY YOU!"

Goremocker:
63 comments?...nice turn out,I can really see this show is slipping from view.You had an ok run but I think it's time to throw in the towel...unless you can really pull something out of the show that'll really wow people,but I doubt it.

this and a fair number past comments have been overwhelmingly negative and a fair few in this current list are negative aswell. come on game dogs we're going behind the barn *loads shotgun* its gonna be ok...

11 episodes in and I still haven't laughed. I watch this show to kill time now.

To me, Game Dogs is like The Simpsons from season ten and on... ok if you shut off your brain and have nothing else to watch.

weak....

lockeslylcrit:
To me, Game Dogs is like The Simpsons from season ten and on... ok if you shut off your brain and have nothing else to watch.

I think you are asking for some stray lightning to hit you on the way home. Comparing GD to the Simpsons...

But hey, you can see how people treat GD now - Doraleous and the other new shows already have 120+ comments. GD a bit... just a bit lower. Maaaybe except for Apocalypse Lane, but even I stopped watching it after episode... 22 or so.

Yugoslavia does not exist anymore for like 20 years? Go buy an atlas.

saxa:
Yugoslavia does not exist anymore for like 20 years? Go buy an atlas.

This pile of crap is set in the eighties so it existed then.

Why don't all games have puppies!
Puppies make everything better!
Especially if I get to kill them! HAHAHAHAHA!
Any way good episode. Many laughs.

Boba Frag:

Heh, fair enough! Can't say I'm an expert on dog breeds, particularly the multitude of smaller dogs like Maltese, Cavaliers etc. There's just so damn many of them! lol

I mean, I own a German shepard, and I believe the common stereotype for them is attack dogs/ watch dogs etc... basically mean mother truckers.
Well... my dog seems to have missed the memo there, he's a grade A loveable slob who rarely pays cats any attention.

That too is understandable! It can be tough to get all of those little dogs straight and even then it's easy to mix some of them up. But yeah, I don't like the bad raps so many breeds get. I don't think any are deserving of them. My friend's German Shepherd was a sweet family pet--she did have the typical protective, dominant streak and as an 'outsider' you had to be careful and respectful around her, but guarding is part of what they were bred for. It doesn't mean they're bad or unmanageable dogs. Obviously some don't even seem to be at all aware of that side of things. ;)

Anyway, to get back on-topic...yes, real dogs can distinguish various shades of blue and especially greys. So as far as the game color, it all depends on whether these characters have realistic canine color vision or not. It'd be kinda funny if they did, but that would raise such questions as "How do they match their clothes or make anything else that's colored..?" XD

Boba Frag:

Snapette:

Boba Frag:

Wait, what? German shepherds are considered (at least in Poland) smart, intelligent and likable dogs, faithful and obedient.

If anything, my dog - a 6-months old Rottweiler - is considered a strong, but fearsome and dangerous breed. Yet mine is so playful and kind, she pees all over the floor whenever a mailman or a maintenance guy comes to my house. And she's always sad when people don't want to hug or pet her, because she's quite huge (40kg - her father was at least 60-70kg, huge beast) and she's forced to wear a muzzle. Not because she barks or bites (she never barks, and bites only when playing with me or my dad), but because she eats crap and junk off the lawn and vomits afterwards.

So, yeah, stereotypes are as bad among animals as among people.

Abedeus:

Boba Frag:

Snapette:

Boba Frag:

Wait, what? German shepherds are considered (at least in Poland) smart, intelligent and likable dogs, faithful and obedient.

If anything, my dog - a 6-months old Rottweiler - is considered a strong, but fearsome and dangerous breed. Yet mine is so playful and kind, she pees all over the floor whenever a mailman or a maintenance guy comes to my house. And she's always sad when people don't want to hug or pet her, because she's quite huge (40kg - her father was at least 60-70kg, huge beast) and she's forced to wear a muzzle. Not because she barks or bites (she never barks, and bites only when playing with me or my dad), but because she eats crap and junk off the lawn and vomits afterwards.

So, yeah, stereotypes are as bad among animals as among people.

Obedient?? :P Not my dog,lol. Nah, he's a good boy.
I know, big dogs get such bad press sometimes. I've met quite a few people who are actually quite scared of my dog. Probably to do with the fact that a lot of other Irish people tend to go for smaller dogs. The wusses.

I'll admit, I'd be wary of Rotweilers too, but I know that any dog is only vicious if they're mistreated. Yours sounds like a great dog :)

Snapette:

Boba Frag:

That too is understandable! It can be tough to get all of those little dogs straight and even then it's easy to mix some of them up. But yeah, I don't like the bad raps so many breeds get. I don't think any are deserving of them. My friend's German Shepherd was a sweet family pet--she did have the typical protective, dominant streak and as an 'outsider' you had to be careful and respectful around her, but guarding is part of what they were bred for. It doesn't mean they're bad or unmanageable dogs. Obviously some don't even seem to be at all aware of that side of things. ;)

Anyway, to get back on-topic...yes, real dogs can distinguish various shades of blue and especially greys. So as far as the game color, it all depends on whether these characters have realistic canine color vision or not. It'd be kinda funny if they did, but that would raise such questions as "How do they match their clothes or make anything else that's colored..?" XD

Haha! I'd love to see the game designers give the characters clothes that were picked out by Dog Vision, as opposed to the colourful palette they've used here.
Probably look terrible... but so what, they're dogs! lol

It's sad. Yes, German Shepherds are celebrated and popular and considered all of those good things...but there's still the flip side of it too, and some people regard them as scary, dangerous, potentially fearsome, etc. The image is worse for Rotties and Dobes and such--well, there are really so many medium-to-large breeds that are unfairly maligned. And for every one of those "vicious" animals there is at least one foolish and/or horrid human behind the story, plus loads of sweet, loving, well-socialized, trained and handled dogs making the accusers look like idiots.

I always say that the most aggressive dogs I've ever lived with--and I've lived with quite a variety of them--were the aforementioned Maltese, and a Bloodhound. Not a breed you'd expect to hear me say.

So at any rate, oh, that would be funny, to see how their world might look through actual Dog Vision. It'd either be the shades of grey and blue as they'd see it, or, to us it might be a random mish-mosh of colors since they wouldn't be able to really tell which was which. xD Lol.

Another thing that struck me was how tiny Gary is in comparison with everyone else. Yes he's a Chihuahua, but if indeed other toy breeds can still be tall enough not to have to jump onto tables and such, then he must be a "little dog," so to speak (like a "little person!") Huzzah for over-analysis!

This is as unfunny as it can get. This will be the last time I watch this show.

God i hate this show...

Meh, this one was alright. I'll keep watching though because things have really picked up lately. I think the issue with this episode was the pacing...the same joke dragged on a little long.

pretty decent episode...mostly at the end though.

A slip backwards into the random void of stupidity.

Ugh, you're attempt to make the characters more life like is annoying. They're all twitching, sometimes they twitch together, others not so much. It's annoying, but no movement would be worse, so find a balance.
The pattern is:
bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, good, good, bad?

i dont really like this video series, doesnt make me laugh

the dogs all have this grin on their face that creeps me out, and the way they sort of sway and lean all the time...

"My girlfriend Rina from Yugoslavia ...she's sixteen you know, and totally HOT!"

-Apparently "man-puppy" there is into Older Bitches, cause 16 equals 77 in Dog-years :D

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here