The Escapist Presents: Pokewalking with The Escapist

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

PayJ567:
I choose secret option X:

Tape it to the wrist of a teenage boy between the ages of 13-18...

I'm very sorry everyone, I'll take my leave now!

Ninja'd! But yes, you could reach unfathomable levels in very little time.

MajoraPersona:
ga-ra-dos?

I've always used this one. I'm pretty sure it's what they used in the show.

Anyway, I heard that taping it to a jackhammer works pretty well.

Shamus Young:
Me, out loud, at the two minute mark:

"TAPE IT TO JORDAN DEAM!"

Then at three and a half minutes, you actually did.

I laughed.

And I laughed out loud at this post. Anyone wanna offer a Chaos Theory explanation? :P

So, I take it you've been to the Escapist HQ, Shamus?

This was pretty awesome. I had a few of those ideas, but I lack the resources to use them, or the randomness to come up with the other ones. Then again, I walk a ton, so I've always just done that and been too lazy to experiment, as I could be crazy breeding eevees instead...

I was rooting for the Wiimote-Pokčwalker chimera, if only to harness the power of those sweet, sweet Miyamoto tears. I hear they cure cancer, but only in mushrooms and Pikmin.

edgeofblade:
Ok.... I'm going to describe this in the coldest most clinical method I can, so as to avoid suspension and ban.

Why not try using a Poké-walker during sexual intercourse? Not that I want to see the video of it on this site, mind you. They could call it Poké.... well, Poké-poker, to be perfectly frank.

Well, that gives a whole new meaning to the term Pokčmon Breeder...

Ahh funny stuff. Personally clock pendulum works decently for racking up the steps.

Unrelated note, Funk is a handsome man...

...This is sadly the first time I have even heard of the Poké-walker... granted I hardly pay attention to any DS Game that isn't an Strategy RPG. How fiendishly interactive.

Also that dog is adorable!

sub woofer + clean tone at 120Hz (sine wave) + pokewalker + tape = great success

just let it run and get on with your day. :D

I got about a thousand steps from three or four songs of Rock Band, which says "Yo dawg, we herd you like games, so we put a game in your game so you can play while you play."

I also get about 2000 steps daily from walking the dog.

John Funk, my arch nemesis. At last I see your face, and in motion; an in sound; and in a snazzy coat.

I'm glad that im not the only one that thought about the paint shacker thing.

OT: why is your poke walker black?

Has anyone tried attaching a pokewalker to the end of a string and practicing raving with it (glowstick tricks)? Granted you'd have to be careful not to smash it to bits, but it seems like that would get a bunch of steps

edit: and the dog is adorable. Australian Cattle dog?

Hahahaha. Pokemon don't evolve, learn moves, or get EV's in the pokewalker. Nice GUYRADOS.

About the way to pronounce it, it's Gair-uh-dose. Or at least that's how my friends and I pronounce it.

My methods of getting steps;
-Actually walking. An hour or two spent out walking somewhere can net you 10k+ steps. I first kept it in my pocket and it was pretty effective, moreso when I tried attaching it to a strap on the side of my pants, and best when attached to my shoelaces.
-Attached to the strap on the side of my pants while playing drums on Rock Band 2. It'd probably be more effective on one's wrists though. Unless you play a lot of extreme metal on it. I've gotten thousands of steps from continuous play.
-Moving one's leg up and down with it attached to the strap on the side of your pants, or in the pocket of the mobile leg (preferably the extra pocket in cargo pants). I've gotten over 10k steps doing this for about an hour at school.

Virgil:

The Rockerfly:
Awww your dog is so cute, also I didn't know The Escapist headquarters was that large.

We have an office in one of the corners of one of the floors of that building. The whole thing isn't ours ;)

Symantec has the entire first floor though.

Damn I was seriously hoping that the escapist was an idea set in the mind of a video gamer in the future.
I suppose the building will have to do for the time

My friend put it in a plastic bag and into a loaded washing machine, and it actually worked really well.

Also, the Escapist headquarters seems really big.

Me and my friends had pedometers once for some stupid reason in school and we clipped them to the side of our shoes by the ankle and tapped our feet while we worked. The incessant clicking drove our teacher nuts but it worked a lot better than taping it to the bridge of that dude's foot seemed to.

Hehe, I approve of this kind of bullshit.

John, We have the same shoes.

Awesome.

Flamestorm06:
Has anyone tried attaching a pokewalker to the end of a string and practicing raving with it (glowstick tricks)? Granted you'd have to be careful not to smash it to bits, but it seems like that would get a bunch of steps

edit: and the dog is adorable. Australian Cattle dog?

He's a mix, from what we can tell yellow lab and hound-ish, but until I get the DNA test won't know for sure.

Enigmers:
I got about a thousand steps from three or four songs of Rock Band, which says "Yo dawg, we herd you like games, so we put a game in your game so you can play while you play."

I also get about 2000 steps daily from walking the dog.

This! I can get 10,000 steps in one session of rock band. I strap it to the arm that does the hi hat.

This was freaking AMAZING!
I hope you guys do more stuff like this in the future :D

Try putting it in the microwave.

Oh wait.

To people who are asking why the Pokewalker is black: press copies of the game came with a nice little holder with the Silver or Gold cover pokemon drawn on it.

Ah, something I wanted to do last Saturday but lacked tape. Tape the pokewalker to the side of your leg, then go have some fun with DDR.

Step #7: Assemble a Lego Mindstorms robot that will move the Pokewalker back and forth. Tape the Pokewalker on and turn the robot on. With my own Mindstorms kit averaging at about 70-150 RPM, you should get some good results. Note: For added fun use solar panels. Teehee

what i do with mine is i have a strap on it and just spin it around. that gets the job done pretty well.

Shamus Young:
Me, out loud, at the two minute mark:

"TAPE IT TO JORDAN DEAM!"

Then at three and a half minutes, you actually did.

I laughed.

This is the single greatest use for Jordan Deam I've seen in a long time, ever since November 09's Make Jordan Look Even CREEPIER Contest. But, even then, it's still not as effective as taping it to a car's windscreen wipers.

Another reason for me to get a car sooner... as well as a Pokewalker... Bit redundant otherwise.

I'm personally in college right now, and I keep it attached to me as I go between classes. Without any additional shaking, I easily get the recommended 10000 steps a day (200 days of 10000 steps gets you the final route, as long as you don't spend ANY of the watts you get other than the gifts you receive)

Deece.

Hmmm, I've been playing the game a lot, and I walk for 30 mins every day, I really should be utilizing this.

I laughed really hard at the 'Tape it to Jordan Deam' idea. That's epic.

Also, since day 1 I've been wishing that my roommate's spastic bunny would tolerate a collar so I could let him take my pokemon for walks.

I totally freaked out on the number three, because that's EXACTLY what I came up with. XD I just hold it with my toes and wiggle about as usual, and by the end of the day I'm set.

Awesome video. =D

I didn't read past the first page but the sheer number of people suggesting circles like wheels and fans (Especially after several posts clarifying that it wouldn't work) kinda bugs me lol.

Did no one have one of those epic Pikachu pet things back in the day?
My siblings, friends, and I would all take turns shaking it slowly on the vertical axis for maximum up time and properly registering steps.
I recall getting several steps a shake if you timed it right.

The headbanging result was quite unexpected to say the least! I figured that would be the worst of the bunch.

Really? Has no one brought up the Pokemon Pikachu yet?
I totally had this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or