Stolen Pixels #180: Now Leaving City 17

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

must resist urge to first...

and it's a shame he died, breen was one of my favorite guys in HL2. also he was funny in everybody loves raymond.

RIP

/Salute

/21 Guns

A touching tribute to a great actor. Well done Shamus.

DAMN YOU CRUEL WORLD!

We shall miss you, Culp.

rest in peace

R.I.P.

(Begins twenty Resonance Casacades in his honor)

He will be missed.

void restInPeace();

doc. breen looks so cute with that sad face :(

At least he has gone to a better place now... And if there is no after life (which i don't think exist) then rest in peace.

rest in peace wallace breen

Wherever he is now... I hope it's safer there.
R.I.P.

So I guess Breen won't make a return in Episode 3.

Shame, he was an interesting character...

RIP Culp. You've... you've earned it.

Please don't retire After Curfew, If anything it is a mark of respect to keep it going.

Although a Glados hosted fill in show would be great for a few months....

Rest in Peace my old enemy... Rest in Peace.

I hope that this settles it, no Breen in ep3, because I don't think anyone could fill the Combine-sized shoes that he left behind.

O_O I knew Culp passed away, but why did I never make the connection with Breen. Usually I'm great at recognizing voices :(

Farewell...He will be missed.

Its nice to see your own homage to it. I wondered what you would do...perfectly fitting

Sadface. =(
Rest in Peace my friend.

I had a feeling this weeks stolen pixels would be about this, given that you've been calling for Dr Breens return

I don't know a lot about him as an actor , but I can definitely say that this man, even in the one role I've known him in, stood out as a very talented voice actor. He brought Breen to life in a way very few actors can when voicing a game character - the tone of his voice, his mannerisms, everything was there. Saying that he was a talented voice actor may not seem like much of a compliment given the standard of videogame voiceovers, but this guy's acting really got my attention that very few film actors ever could. I wish I could have heard him in more roles (and I'm sure I'm not the only one, either).

It's truly a shame that this talented man has left us. God knows, great actors are a rare thing in the world of games. Right now I honestly feel like firing up HL2, just to stand around in the train station listening to Breen's broadcasts.

It seems like just yesterday I was causing an unstable meltdown of the dark-matter transporter he was occupying and tearing him into itty-bitty sub-particles.

RIP.

He DIED!?

Feck...that's a downer

...poor guy

...poor Breen

Man, I'm sad now. He was great.

RIP Robert Culp/Dr. Breen

You will be missed. I was playying HL2 through for old times sake when I heard the news. I will get back to finishing it and pay more respect for Dr Breen when I face him. He was such a good character.

Aaaaaaaw, now I'm sad :(
R.I.P. Culp, we will never forget your great voice acting talent :'(

R.I.P. Mr. Robert Culp.

Chalk it up to the mid-morning beers I've indulged in, but I just shed a tear for a man I only know from one role. R.I.P. Dr Breen

On a related note I had seen that Looney Tunes print years ago and it elicited the same response.

Aurora219:
/Salute

/21 Guns

its fairly insulting to use a Green Day song as a /[anything].

OT: god damnit, I thought Death Summer was over! WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

Not dead, but transported his consciousness into an alien form.

I knew that Shamus was going to do something for the late Mr. Culp but this is more than I expected. RIP.

A fine actor, he did capture the character, and made him into a classic villain. Rest in Peace.

Kalezian:

Aurora219:
/Salute

/21 Guns

Errr. I think he meant a 21 gun salute.

damn he was the best in my opinion, even though most of the characters didn't have that much important dialouge.

Formica Archonis:

Kalezian:

Aurora219:
/Salute

/21 Guns

Errr. I think he meant a 21 gun salute.

thats the irony, a 21 gun salute is the most respectful thing for american funerals, Green Day on the other hand, made a shitty song with the same name.

I was honestly a bit shocked that the "Steve" character in irregularwebcomic.net continued after we lost the real version. I think it's better to keep him in there.. Those who remember him fondly will be reminded, and those who don't care will probably continue not to care.

Me, I still haven't played those games. Need to find some time to do so.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here