Unskippable: Final Fantasy XIII

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

I liked it, much calmer than usual - and more reflective not at all angry they didnt do XIII. When you deceive the fan base, a give and take relationship is appropriate. I wish Bioware would learn that...

What kinda bullshit is this :P

I haven't played 13 so until it said
Final Fantasy III
I thought it just had a weird beginning.

Man I thought it would cut out half way thru for XIII but it kept going.. nice

When I first saw you were doing Final Fantasy 6, I was like, "how the hell are Graham and Paul going to produce humor out of such a boring cutscene?" And yet, somehow, they did. Great job as always, guys.

There are probably a lot of old games ripe for an Unskippable. ie, if people hadn't already completely depleted the Resident Evil opening of jokes, they could do that.

Oh you guys, I thought I was watching the 360 versions opening cutscene

i am completely ok with this cause 3/6 was my absolute fav hands down :)

This was preety funny, do more jokes like the title if you get what i mean.

I..... WAS..... MISLED!!!

GrahamS:
Final Fantasy XIII

Brooding and the impossible hairdo go together like guns and swords.

Watch Video

It was a real pleasure to meet you guys at PAX. Sorry I was a bit of a doofus - I hope an enforcer gave you a copy of my CD!

I believe the term you're looking for is "anachronistic," not "incongruous." Happy April Fool's! :)

I thought April fools was on Thursday?

This is FFVI, too >.<

Good one. Good one.

Oh wow, this really caught me off-guard. Maybe it's just because I'm somewhat sleep-deprived, but I laughed my ass off during some of the comments in the first half. The "Ted" joke in the end made me laugh pretty hard as well.

I applaud your somewhat outlandish decision to pull an April Fool's Day joke on March 29th and, more importantly, me falling for it.

Nincompoop:

Daze:

Nincompoop:
Oh what a dreadful trick! Thou shalt not be rewarded with any kudos!
Didn't get the "mode" thingies...

Put simply, Mode 7 is what SNES games used to make textures actually rotate and scale (become larger/smaller). Given that this was the SNES, it was a lot more impressive back then than it is now.

Nice. Thanks for the clarification =). I guess I need to re-watch the episode to understand it.

No problem, mate. =) Glad to be of service.

I see what you did tharrrr.

Very good very good I liked it. Then again I'm allover retro games and I hate XIII so this made me EXTREMELY happy.

Mr Ink 5000:
I lol'd for the sheer dropping of an "X"

Hell yeah Calibretto!

The X DOES make a difference. April fools.

You must have learned this trick while rocking out at Pony jam last year.
PONY JAM!

Goddamn, I shoulda guessed that was an April fools...

That was confusing for a bit :S
I kept thinking that you guys were reviewing the original FF III, not FF VI

Ah, makes sense now. Cheers.

Hahahahaha, awesome. FFVI (III) is a million times better than 13, best FF by far, not even a contest, and I've played them all. This was so much better than an FFXIII episode would've been.

Well played, well played

I always prefered FF6 to the other games.

That was awesome! I'm looking forward to you guys doing XIII but honestly I'd be happy if you did loads more classic games like this too. Any game with cutscenes is a good target for mocking!

Tehlanna TPX:

flosy:
Erm... Don't know if its an ammerican thing like Airith rather than Airis, but that looks an auful lot like 6 to me...

.....lol. I can't say it. Even my fingers are giggling.

Nope I was right it is 3, it was called 6 in america because it was only relesed in japan until 2006... Never try to out Final Fantasy me! I have a friend with an import of the originl JP import.

Hahaha, you evil tricksters :-)

flosy:

Tehlanna TPX:

flosy:
Erm... Don't know if its an ammerican thing like Airith rather than Airis, but that looks an auful lot like 6 to me...

.....lol. I can't say it. Even my fingers are giggling.

Nope I was right it is 3, it was called 6 in america because it was only relesed in japan until 2006... Never try to out Final Fantasy me! I have a friend with an import of the originl JP import.

I'm very confused by your statement. It sounds like your saying FF3 was released as FF6, I think you've got that backwards. I happen to know for a fact that it was released in the states as 3 in 1994. I still have my copy. And re-released on the PS, and GBA later.

upon further inspection I think you were being sarcastic. But just in case i'll post this anyways.

GodKlown:
I guess I was one of the few who recognized the opening sequence before you guys said anything. Nice blast from the past... and as I recall, the mechs weren't steam-powered, they were wind-up.

Yay I did too

meh, not as funny really, I bet XIII would have been much better.
The lack of pretentious directing isn't kind to your humour unfortunately

Aw, that was fun! I love that game!

Nice joke there. If this was released on April 1st, I would've laughed.

Willeus:
Hahaha, I wasn't expecting them to keep going along with FFIII, the whole time I was waiting for it to cut to XIII. Loved it.

Pretty much same here. However, I gotta be honest with you guys, I had to shut my eyes for the most of the episode. Probably because I soon realized it was an April Fools joke that I fell for, and I felt kinda embarrassed about it. Sorry if this offends anyone T-T

That said, nice remarks from you guys:

"What happened to the other 6 modes?"

"These mountains are flat! We can just walk over them!"

"April Fools....It's like Thanksgiving; I celebrate it all week."

By the way, this episode made me recall my dislike of one Ted Woolsey...>_<

EDIT: Excuse me while I play the video again. This time, I *will* watch. ^_^

Best unskippable in some Time :)

whoa...
Ya know what?, i want to that game now...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here