Stolen Pixels #181: The Prognosticationater

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bold predictions for the future of gaming.

Read Full Article

I have one!

"Sony will continue to claim that the PS3 only does everything.

It will be launched into space, learn to communicate with every species on the planet, cook dinner, do your homework, and many more things.

It will be able to do anything.

Except backwards compatibility"

Mircosoft will announce they are happy the xbox 720 now will last 2 years before its RSOD(red square of death) comes on and you have to buy a new one.

Edit: also blue ray will be coming soon tm

It is all true, but you forgot;

April 21 2011
Due to the fact that swtor was such a sucess, wow is now only played by two internet perverts and a whinny ass ally gnome.

I have one.

By 2014, Duke Nukem Forever will be back in development, to the mocking laughter of the entirety of the gaming community.

I have one:

In December 2016 the steam servers crashed, losing the accounts of roughly 9 million gamers. After news hit of this immense loss of data, teen suicides rose to new highs.

2015: Analysts say its finally the year of the Ps3...again
The Ps3 is my favorite console though^^

lmao, the episode 3 joke made me giggle...because its prolly true...

I think 2018 is too soon for Episode 3. More like 2022.

b4XT3r:
I think 2018 is too soon for Episode 3. More like 2022.

screenshots in 2018 :D

I am sooooo getting the Starcraft 2: The Entire Game Edition!

Hubilub:
I have one!

It will be launched into space, learn to communicate with every species on the planet, cook dinner, do your homework, and many more things.

Then how about...

FORWARDS COMPATIBILITY!

Dun-Dun-DUUNNN!

My prediction: "In the year 2016, as players got completely sick of brown-and-gray cover-shooter realism, the videogame industry has entered a nosedive. All major developers and publishers say they are doing everything in their power to prevent another 1983-like crash, but pretty much everyone agrees that FPS market is dead for at least a couple of years.

According to eyewitnesses, Ratchet and Clank were spotted near the 'crash site' of industry laughing their asses off."

I laughed like a stupid idiot for a minute at the War 3 expansion title as well as the last panel. Thank You, Shamus! :D

Hubilub:
I have one!

I'm still waiting for someone to try to use it as a life saving device or the cure to cancer, fail, and sue. That slogan is asking for it. Also, are you going to make one with Breen about his VA dying?

HG131:

Hubilub:
I have one!

I'm still waiting for someone to try to use it as a life saving device or the cure to cancer, fail, and sue. That slogan is asking for it. Also, are you going to make one with Breen about his VA dying?

Then all Sony has to say in its defense is

"The Playstation 3 does everything... including not obeying you"

the end shot should of been Dr. Hax! That would of made my day immensely!!! :D

That isn't Gordon Froman is it....?

2015 Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all join together to create the ultimate console*

Console fanboys have nothing left to do but shut up

*I dont count PC as a console

HG131:
Also, are you going to make one with Breen about his VA dying?

Apparently, you missed it: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comics/stolen-pixels/7338-Stolen-Pixels-180-Now-Leaving-City-17

All correct, assuming we live past 2012

rofl...some things should never be revealed....lest you be overrun by an angry mob wielding computer screens/consoles

At least we have sneakpeeks to look forward to at E3 2018! I have to look on the brightside.

Sjakie:
I have one:

In December 2016 the steamUbisoft servers crashed, losing the accounts of roughly 9 million gamers. After news hit of this immense loss of data, teen suicides rose to new highs. Also Ubisoft stopped online service for AC3, SH7, RUSE 2, and all other games preceding.

Fixed that for ya! No, no need to thank me! :D

first one, wuite likely, second pannel still pretty likely but the name is gunna be probably be different, 3rd panel almost completely false...like they'll have something for episode 3...

Is it possible for a plot to be too tepid to mock?

How dare you say such a thing, sir! RF:G's plot is positively scalding next to some of the things Unskippable works with!

Also, non-sequitur violence punchline. Yes. Needs more blood, though.

I'm so happy this turned into a "IN THE YEEEAR 2,000!" thread, it was exactly what I was expecting.

"November 2011
Many games will now try to fight the scourge of the used game market, by offering FREE and 'EXTRA' DLC like the ending to the game, the ability to save your game, and for games with strip clubs in them - the women will be topless for everyone that buys new. Sometimes these bonuses will be spread amongst certain retailers as pre-order bonuses, rewarding the customers who preorder games at multiple retailers the ability to have the entire game!"

Sony and Microsoft will merge to become Sonysoft and release Green Ray - making you're movie collection obsolete....AGAIN!

There's also definitely room for a Duke Forever joke in here!

Hubilub:
I have one!

But but, it DOES do everything! This morning it made me breakfast, and apologized for some... unfortunate occurrences in the past.

Oh these bruises? I...uh... walked into a door.

On topic: Here's hoping HL will finish it's story before Valve bleeds their other franchises to death. I'd say a boycott but frankly nothing else they've had to offer has really interested me.

OMG SECRET PRODUCT PLACEMENT! I saw that Facepunch logo :P

Hey Mr.Funk! Remember that I called panel two. I feel like accusing Shamus of plagiarism, because I have that much gall!

I like how the models stay in exactly the same place and only the camera angles change. Also how it's a parody and gets away with not being funny.

Well, at least the meta made me laugh /:

Sounds about right, especially the Valve thing.

Shamus Young:

Bold predictions for the future of gaming.

Read Full Article

Best part of the comic is that the first prediction will actually come true. The other two are a little too blatantly exaggerated to share that fate, but are also rather amusing.

MortisLegio:
2015 Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony all join together to create the ultimate console*

Too bad the comic writer does consider it a gaming platform, then. Since he's playing Sins of a Solar Empire.

SandroTheMaster:

MortisLegio:

Too bad the comic writer does consider it a gaming platform, then. Since he's playing Sins of a Solar Empire.

I said "Not a console" PC is a games platform i.e. it can play video games but a console(by my definition) is something that plays games as it PRIMARY function

Just wanted to clarify

Ep 3 should be out in 2033
cause Valve loves numeric jokes D:

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook