Escapist News Network: Special Edition

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sleepingzombie:
I missed that Villi was finnish, where do they say that ?:)
. . . .they do not seem to be that proficient in the localised-naming-of-fake-dudes-in-skits departement-thingy. . . . :D

Nowhere, but because villi is a finnish word (for "wild") and Remedy (company making Alan Wake) is finnish, I thought that it must be there on purpose.

And all the laughing because of the name is purely because of the way the name sounds "Ian Villi", sounds a bit like "I am Villi" as in "I am wild" and for some peculiar reason that cracks me up.

The main story was moderately entertaining, but the headlines continue to be awful. Even Graham sounds bored when he delivers them.

<3 Andy

Jeremy has really got to start looking into the camera instead of reading his lines from off-camera, it has been distracting me in every segment he's been in so far.

I could listen to Bruce talk all day.

Dirk7:
Jeremy has really got to start looking into the camera instead of reading his lines from off-camera, it has been distracting me in every segment he's been in so far.

(axed).

I REALLY do not want to know where that third hand came from.......

oh man, a Matt pillow would sell so well
a Kathleen one too, but not nearly so much lolll

haha so y'all are moving, and the desk is currently a ping-pong table xD genius

addeB:

Garfy:
"I'll be YOUR ball boy anytime"
"This is the best footage of china we could find"

Best quote ever :P

^hahaha LRR ever cracking me up as always

oh and I heard Halo Reach will include the full Spartan armor this time =P
and MW3 will include a fully functioning M-16 (or M4, but the former is being replaced by the latter so may be more readily available)
tho what IW fans might really want would be a piece of Kotick included o.O

This show rocks.

I always knew Matt had a third arm. You could see it in his eyes...

Lambi:

RanD00M:
What the hell is Jer doing in Iceland.If he is here, then I want his autograph.RIGHT NOW!

Me too!
That part took me by surprise since I'm from Iceland myself. And I guess it took RanD00M by surprise too...

OT: Including the "This is Jeremy Petter, reporting from Iceland" bit, this was a decent episode. Loved the ending, as usual, and I hope Graham gets better soon.
*Hugs Graham*
^_^

The Iceland part also took my for a surprise. Sure would like to have been there.

"Reporting from Iceland!"

o/ yay!

(I'm from there, in case you're wondering)

pjm:
When the third hand came up, they should of used the phrase "the gripping hand". If you don't know what it means there are a couple of books you should read.

Jeez, you'd think the Moties had taken over.

Also, you have AWESOME tastes in sci-fi. I've got to find those books and read them again; it's been years.

Graham, you REALLY need to take a week off and rest. We will patiently wait for our Internet lulz while you do. I don't think the ENN set has room for an iron lung.

ENN Season 2 special edition: Complete with authentic replica Paul Saunders hair for you to tousle to your heart's content!

That new guy is really good.

dubious_wolf:
Poor Graham. First a cold now an infection in your sinuses‽ Well Take care and drink plenty of fluid.
ANDY!!! he's so cool! I still want to here a song though... That ultraviolence bit was pretty good I really should try out God of War.
HAHA Ryan Quickbender body pillow... ew.
Hey Jer said he was in Iceland. How did he get back to the studio so fast?
Anyway enjoyed the iPhone games bashing. those stuck up people and their apps. (hides his iPhone under a pillow)
Still the lightsabre app would be the first use of bluetooth for the phone other than wireless headsets...

Interrobang!!!!!

ONLY the pillow-case from Agraset Senki was creepy? What about the mousepad where your wrist is resting on silicon breasts?

I demand a Ryan Quickbender bodypillow!
Also, YAY for Andy! I'm still waiting for another original song from him.

Yeay! Finally got to see the whole episode and hear it. At PAX when they showed it in panel everybody was laughing so hard at "this is the best footage of China we could find" that we couldn't hear any of Matt's lines.

I agree with everybody who says that Andy stole the show.

Also: Is it just me or are the wigs getting crazier? Paul's in particular looked like it was eating his head.

Dirk7:

McShizzle:
Is that what he's doing? I find it odd as well. I thought he might have a lazy eye but I didn't want to say something and hurt his feelings.

He's not reading his lines, none of us do that.
He does, in fact, have an occasional lazy eye. Check again, one eye is looking right at the camera.

Actually, someone we were working with did read off camera, once. But none of you noticed it :)
Usually we memorize... I'd love a prompter though...

LeeshaJoy:

Vohn_exel:
Poor Graham, sinus infections suck, or so I hear.

In my experience, sinus infections are characterized by a lack of suction, or indeed of any kind of air movement.

Haha, I was thinking that while I typed it out :D I've never had one but I had a friend that did and had to get gauze shoved up his nose it was so bad.

GrahamS:

Dirk7:

McShizzle:
(axed)

He's not reading his lines, none of us do that.(axed)

Oh no! I AM an a-hole. ADMINS erase my comments quick before anyone may possibly get self-conscious.

ahiddenfigure:
Please, whatever you do, don't ever put an image of Matt on a body pillow. Please?

Bad mental image! Out! OUT!

You kidding me? I would pay for that :D

"I'll be your ballboy anytime"
Hahaha, Hilarious!

And my dreams of a Kathleen body pillow are crushed...

Did Andy just show up at the LRR place and just go "Hey, gimme a spot in your skits"?

Either way still funny, That part of God Of War made me die a little inside.

addeB:

Garfy:

That new guy is a (relatively) great actor :)

Hey your in Iceland! :DD I think...

mip0:

addeB:

Garfy:

That new guy is a (relatively) great actor :)

You mean Andy? He's not "new" he's just not a core member. He have been in a few videos before.

concupiscentcrustace:

dubious_wolf:
Poor Graham. First a cold now an infection in your sinuses‽ Well Take care and drink plenty of fluid.
ANDY!!! he's so cool! I still want to here a song though... That ultraviolence bit was pretty good I really should try out God of War.
HAHA Ryan Quickbender body pillow... ew.
Hey Jer said he was in Iceland. How did he get back to the studio so fast?
Anyway enjoyed the iPhone games bashing. those stuck up people and their apps. (hides his iPhone under a pillow)
Still the lightsabre app would be the first use of bluetooth for the phone other than wireless headsets...

Interrobang!!!!!

indeed.

I didn't get the part between the Quickbender interview and the credits because I laughed so hard about Matt's third hand.
Even on second try! xD

Maybe in the next God of War (it'll happen) they'll let you use the guts as a weapon. I'd totally rip out some intestines and start using a centaur's stomach as a flail. Or snap a skeleton's bones into a stake and stab it into an enemy's eye, or throw it like a dagger.

Yeah.. People keep accusing Sony Santa Monica of excessive gore, but once you start thinking about it as a game mechanic, you just get on a roll.

Or like when you rip off a Chimera's horn and drive it through it's skull, you could pull it back out and then use it as an impaling battering ram and start running through crowds of enemies accumulating an enemy-kabab....okay I'm done.

It was a bit bright in the studio, wasn't it?

You guys didn't quite have your mojo this week but that's ok. I still appreciate it. Hope you all feel better.

i enjoyed the
what comes after "ultra" violence? haha clockwork orange
and the best footage of china you could find i got a giggle out of.

GrahamS:

Dirk7:

McShizzle:
Is that what he's doing? I find it odd as well. I thought he might have a lazy eye but I didn't want to say something and hurt his feelings.

He's not reading his lines, none of us do that.
He does, in fact, have an occasional lazy eye. Check again, one eye is looking right at the camera.

Actually, someone we were working with did read off camera, once. But none of you noticed it :)
Usually we memorize... I'd love a prompter though...

that would be so badass but would that not be hard to carry around?

God of War 3 is cinematic and compelling? Sounds great. The footage of China and 3 hands were my 2 other favorite parts.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here