Apocalypse Lane: Episode 42: The Vulture Adventure

Pages PREV 1 2

This is balls to the walls! The end is in sight and it looks pretty climactic. I'm thinking Frank will die by the end, or he and Guliver will get together. Steve is looking to be the next Hicky, and I wonder what is in store for Willy and Monica... guess we will find out next time on the next exciting episode of APOCH LANE!

whats with this shows pure unleaded nightmare fuel

Spinwhiz:
Damnit I love this series. Excellent work Jon!

No. I love YOU Jeff. :)

Gulliver is awesome! This is arguably the best show on the Escapist right now, it should be on the front page. I hope this doesn't end for a while, I'm not sure if the new shows can carry the site yet... at least there'll still be ZP, MovieBob, and all of LRR's stuff.

WastedHero:
They need to kick Game Dogs off of the front page so Apocalypse Lane can be featured there. You guys are much more deserving of it.

Usually Apocalypse Lane is on the front page, but Doomsday Arcade's finale was this week, I think will be back there next week.

Awesome episode, The Rooster is great as always.

What? I don't want it to end! I've recently got into this, its really gotten better over time!
I love it! :D

Also, why is this and Rebecca Mayes all the way down the bottom while Game Dogs still clings up near the top.. seriously?

Love this series. If you ever close out the series you definitely should do another series. Escapist! Jon's work is gold... don't let go of him ;)

Ben Pilkington:
What? I don't want it to end! I've recently got into this, its really gotten better over time!

Also, why is this and Rebecca Mayes all the way down the bottom while Game Dogs still clings up near the top.. seriously?

I haven't watched game dogs since like episode 3... it's not funny.

Yeah, this IS a great series, guys. I don't know who's more awesome, Gulliver or the Rooster.

"What did [the Rooster] say?"
"He told me to go &$*@ myself!"

Apocalypse Lane is hands down the greatest series here on the escapist, it's the only series that I, and I'd wager many others, can NEVER see what's coming next since it's so batshit fucking insane.

The lack of comments compared to other days is a shame, especially since this is the only week it wasn't displayed proudly atop the front page as it usually is, hopefully it'll be back up top where it belongs.

I'm honestly expecting Frank to die very soon, who kills him however still feels like it's up in the air, unless everyone gets a turn at busting his head in with a lead pipe (and I hope so, his character is so very annoying, that's not a complaint, he's just a dick, obviously what was intended for the smarmy little bitch).

I've only ever had one problem with the series that continues to nag at me; the keg stomachs. I don't mean that I dislike fat, I find the implementation hilarious, I refer to the strange way it's drawn, often looking like a strange 2d flap placed OVER the picture (I'm aware that the characters have something similar to "models" so that they always look the same and it saves a lot of time on animation, a choice which of coarse is for the best) which just looks terrible. The worst offenders regarding this issue are Twitchy (I refer to the part where his stomach comes out from the clothes, nothing else)and Big Pete. However it's so minor I'm more than willing to bet that most people would ignore it, but I'm sure that it would be a worthwhile change (if it were a simple change) that would please some people if it were possible.

In regards to the "Game Dogs" Discussion. I happen to love the show and its witty, higher sensibility humor tha- HA, couldn't keep that going, the bullshit was beginning to trickle down my lips. GD is fucking godawful, the only reason it's survived this long is desperation to save the dreaded shitheap that the Escapist has unfortunately invested money, time and a FEW of their talented workers in, not to mention the extremely TINY and more over VOCAL audience that the show has who are making themselves known by sucking the shows proverbial testicles ever time a new episode is released and for whatever reasons are defending it with their every breathe from all criticism, whether constructive or not. Unfortunately shows like AL which have a strong, solid and to say the least, well-sized group of followers who rock up every week with rounds of "It was good, I'll be back next week!" and nary a complaint in sight (I honestly can't remember when I last saw a complaint regarding the show aside from something minor like I mentioned above), now whilst the response is positive and enduring it doesn't make people, site owners, etc, leap up and go "WOW! This is something special! We NEED this to be put up and displayed!". GD however each week (Particularly this weeks) receives 2 constant kinds of responses that the show is getting, unbelievably positive ones like "The Greatest Show Around! I was LOL'ing the whole time! It's Awesome! I'd even pay to see this epic Masterpiece!" and horrendously negative (though 100% accurate) responses like "This worthless piece of vomit gave me fucking cataracts, we need to find the people creating this garbage and launch them into the god damned sun!", which constantly send the Escapist the same message "This show has amazed a few people! There are less complaints by comparison (purely since most people have stopped watching), maybe we can turn this train wreck around! We might be able to salvage this yet!". This sends the Escapist a big message on how to deal with their properties; with the response that AL receives every week the team obviously feels like "Well, the show is obviously stable with a good loyal audience, regarding advertising and promotion we can place them on the back burner (ie. down low, small box, to the side) for a little bit while we try and salvage an audience or re-imagine GD, which must be possible with the slight amount of interest we've gained!". That Means if we, the viewers, want the great shows like AL and others to get the placing and respect they deserve then we need to get behind them, make many a post and really show what we like and enjoy about the material. Give it more attention and praise and we'll get more gold, not to mention that the Escapist will get a better idea of what we like and what they should make more of.

Sorry about the above wall of text, however a new paragraph didn't seem like it would be appropriate anywhere in the discussion.

Back on Topic though, AL has only been getting better since day 1 and I hope to maybe even see some AL gear in the Escapist shop soon. If I could wear a shirt that said "PRAISE THE ROOSTER!" with a picture of him flipping us off or something along those lines I'd gladly buy it. Hell, I'd even buy a rooster plushie or a full figurine set of every single character in the cast. Do it Jon Etheridge YOU HAVE THE POWER!

"So what're you guys into? =D"

Made my day XD

Always great to see Gulliver.
Knifefight is one clever bitch. But how did she hide that thing in her pants without hurting herself.

LiveAndKill:

Ben Pilkington:

I haven't watched game dogs since like episode 3... it's not funny.

I know, I watched one episode and just thought, huh.. well, what the hell did I just watch..

hickey made me lol i like his randomness also make the vulture a main character he is really funny

Hehehe...Mel's Nails on 42...Episode 42...only just noticed that...

person427:

fishbeinb:
Only 6 more to go Can't wait for the series finale, but i also hope it never comes

What, when did they say this? This has become my favorite show on the Escapist since Unforgotten Realms left. I don't want it to end...

I must buy a DVD of that, thanks for reminding me

WastedHero:
They need to kick Game Dogs off of the front page so Apocalypse Lane can be featured there. You guys are much more deserving of it.

Agreed!! This webseries is the reason I kept coming back to Escapist and getting a bit involved in the forums, and generally looking around as opposed to logging on solely for Yahtzee.

Great work guys! Good to have Gulliver back too.... I suppose.... He terrifies me :P
Hickey was fucking hilarious as always!

Baron_BJ:
Apocalypse Lane is hands down the greatest series here on the escapist, it's the only series that I, and I'd wager many others, can NEVER see what's coming next since it's so batshit fucking insane...

In regards to the "Game Dogs" Discussion. I happen to love the show and its witty, higher sensibility humor tha- HA, couldn't keep that going, the bullshit was beginning to trickle down my lips. GD is fucking godawful, the only reason it's survived this long is desperation to save the dreaded shitheap that the Escapist has unfortunately invested money, time and a FEW of their talented workers in, not to mention the extremely TINY and more over VOCAL audience that the show has who are making themselves known by sucking the shows proverbial testicles ever time a new episode is released and for whatever reasons are defending it with their every breathe from all criticism, whether constructive or not. Unfortunately shows like AL which have a strong, solid and to say the least, well-sized group of followers who rock up every week with rounds of "It was good, I'll be back next week!" and nary a complaint in sight (I honestly can't remember when I last saw a complaint regarding the show aside from something minor like I mentioned above), now whilst the response is positive and enduring it doesn't make people, site owners, etc, leap up and go "WOW! This is something special! We NEED this to be put up and displayed!".

I agree, this is a major concern if the site is actually going to keep going. It's a brilliant site and I think my (somewhat boring) life would be lesser for it.

Nice burn on Game Dogs, by the way :)

Now... I'll admit to chucklingat the occasional joke in Game Dogs, but only in the way I chuckle at a three year old child deciding that ice-cream cones make great hats.

I actually think I only started to be able to take the show seriously after I seriously readjusted my standards. These standards, by the way, were formed by Apocalypse Lane.
Well written, extremely funny, not afraid to shock or appeal to the more twisted side of humour (Mouse Ass had me in tears of joy) and above all... CHARACTERS!! Frank is a prick, but he's hilarious! Willy is irritating, but is interesting... Don't get me started on Hickey and his split personae! :D

Jon, Brian? If you're reading from your Ivory Tower of an animation studio... Don't stop!!! :D Even if AL takes a bow, you can rest assured that you'll have a LOT of people eager to see what you turn your hand to after this.... Provided you write it as well as AL! :D

I know Game Dogs tries hard... but it's a little bit too much of an industry insider, self gratifying little pet project to be as good as AL. AL is about AL. And crazy arse funny shit.
Which is why it works.

Game Dogs needs to be slapped on the nose by a giantified version of the Times, Apocalypse Lane needs, if anything, more exposure.

PRAISE THE ROOSTER!

I agree 100%! AL is the best on Escapist! Its all sorts of awesomeness! I honestly hold AL up there with south park, these guys should be on prime time TV!

...just noticed i use a lot of explanation marks...

Love the show. Too bad it's not getting the recognition it deserves.

[/quote]

Jon, Brian? If you're reading from your Ivory Tower of an animation studio... Don't stop!!! :D Even if AL takes a bow, you can rest assured that you'll have a LOT of people eager to see what you turn your hand to after this.... Provided you write it as well as AL! :D

[/quote]

boys, have you been holding out on me? i never got to record at the ivory tower, just jon's suburban home. grrrr.

xo,
knife fight

I'm gonna miss this when it's gone. :-(

BenzSmoke:
I'm gonna miss this when it's gone. :-(

Do you mean on the break or are we losing one of the greatest shows to ever shine down upon the world?

If the latter then Jon. I'm afraid we can't let you leave. We know where you live now. You told us:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/apocalypse-lane/1156-Behind-the-Scenes

and hes like " I dont need your shit, Blah blah blah." so I killed everybody

Huh... This episode was like "meh" :)

this episode was brilliant!! keep it up, i'd like to laugh this much in the episodes that are yet to come too^^

Man I love Gulliver. And Gladys should have killed her right away, the dumb bitch.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here