Stolen Pixels #182: RE: Your Claim

Stolen Pixels #182: RE: Your Claim

Filing insurance claims in Red Faction is a total pain in the ass.

Read Full Article

lmao...I work in Insurance and I find the bit at the end absolutly hilarious! XD

"...We sympathize, we find those little shits annoying as well..."

Never before has anything on this site made me laugh that hard. :D

Completely right. I remember when I jumped out of my car, ran into the side of an EDF car and instantly three miners opened up on it.

Another great comic. Keep it up!

Friendly AI leaves a lot to be desired.

As does enemy AI. But we like our enemies stupid in sandbox games.

Not that it matters...

*knocks down building with hammer*

What was I complaining about?

Hahaha that was great. The last panel made me lol.

That was hilarious, especially your commentary.

Onyx Oblivion:
Friendly AI leaves a lot to be desired.

As does enemy AI. But we like our enemies stupid in sandbox games.

Not that it matters...

*knocks down building with hammer*

What was I complaining about?

Not sure about the Enemy AI behind stupid in Red Faction considering on higher difficulties they will murder you if you don't take cover, and sadly, like Chris Kohler (i hate that guy) mentioned on Game|Life, it's only on the casual difficulties that you really can enjoy running around with a hammer and blowing shit up.

I REALLY hated the random AI on RFG, Yahtzee had it pretty much spot on with his lamp-post attack comment...

By the way, it is Alec... everyone makes that mistake

You mean Alex Mason can even GET insurance? I would've thought he'd be too high risk.

Hah yeah that happens alot but at least the rebels occasionally drop off vehicles for you when you don't have one so I guess they are usefull for something.

I imagine the EDF have just as much problems with insurance though what with the billions of credits of damage you do.

I like how in the end they don't even say whether they'll pay their insurance. 'We sympathize, but unfortunately you are still fucked.'

And yeah, that's not one of the points in which Yahtzee watchers will laugh at his amusing hyperbole, but one of the many in which they'll nod sagely whispering 'yes'. My biggest pet peeve, though, is that even though you can have squads of people following you, and they are much smarter about seating than your Saints' Row goons (using the back of trucks and vans, for instance), the stupid miners that join your cause aren't considered to be really following you and so even if they don't throw themselves on some bullets you can't even ferry them to where they'd be useful (as distractions).

LOL. "Those little shits are really annoying."

so true this is so very true

I'M WITH YOU SHAMUS YOUNG!

Down with EDF, down wi-HUUUUURRRRK.

LGC Pominator:

Heck, I keep mixing up Alec Mason with Alex Mercer.

DeadlyYellow:

LGC Pominator:

Heck, I keep mixing up Alec Mason with Alex Mercer.

hmm... if Alec Mason and Alex Mercer teamed up they would be unstoppable!

But when you struck that railing you were ringing the bell of freedom!

Ahh, the good days of Red Faction. Kept me going through a bad breakup. Many happy hours spent vaporising the wings off of flying ships.

I'm not a Buddhist but I think the lowest thing you can be reincarnated as would be an NPC in a Red Faction game.

From what I remember of the original all the miners were just cannon fodder to momentarily distract the guards.

the worst part about the friendly ai, if they die, and they will, you lose morale and theres no way to tell them to leave so you automatically have to regain it again

And here I thought the people leaping forward to help Gordon in Half Life 2 were bonking suicidal. I dunno about Red Faction but at least you can send your squad in HL2 to a safe corner temporarily. Or even send them forward as cannon fodder without losing anything....not even a tear.
I like how they word autoregenerating health like it's a preexisting condition.

That's hilarious.

Man, I think I'd have WAY too much fun with this game. I'm the guy that spent half my Syndicate games mentally reprogramming the civilans and then sending them in Zerg-like wave against the enemy agents.

Under-Armed Civilians + Chain-gun Wielding Cyborgs = AWESOME XD

Their tiny, insignificant, meat-shield-based, non-tactical sacrifice will have not gone in vain, considering the point of the game was to smash things and kill police officers.. on Mars...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here