Alt+Escape: I Can Hold My Breath Forever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Alt+Escape: I Can Hold My Breath Forever

Art game sensibilities meet the terror of the Sonic the Hedgehog drowning music.

Read Full Article

Is it just me, or did clicking lead to last week's game?
Anyway, I managed to find the game, now to play it and get back and edit on how good the game is >.>
Well, the mentioned game for this week is here.
EDIT: Also, just finished it.
I... certainly didn't expect the main character's friend to be... yeah, if you finish, you'll know as well...
An odd game. But a good game.

when I click the screenshot, I get the splunker game.

EDIT: I dont know if they fixed that screenshot, but I found the game. It was good, but I didnt really get it.

Drowning music...so terrifying.

I'd rather not relive it, thanks!

Edit: I just beat it in about 4 minutes...I think. Did I miss a life limit or something?

I remember those days fom the Sonic sound...were you tried desperatly to find that air pocket...

Kinda intresting concept, and instills a whole different kind of fear for sure!

I got Spelunker too... I just don't know what happened...

Hmm it's an interesting game, although I did finish it first try.

Is there's something I need to download to be able to play this? Because it's not working for me... am I behind on a flash update?

EDIT: Oh, I was at the wrong game. Nevermind.

I didnt get it at all, im probably not "Arty" enough to get it.

Did it in about 4 minutes, was quite pointless, ive got at least 10 minutes out of every other alt escape before.

Wow, that's... that...

Calumon: It made me move around soooo much.

Greyfox105:
Well, the mentioned game for this week is here.

Thank you, was about to give Funk a stern talking to there.

I think I finished it.

In fact, yes I get it after thinking over his last note.

:O

Greyfox105:

Yes indeed. I fixed the article, and we'll have Funk drawn and quartered.

I think I forgot to breath while doing that whole adventure. He liked to get stuck on cave walls and die which got really annoying. I did finish though! /gives gold star to self

Virgil:

Greyfox105:

Don't forget to hang first!

Good game, I admit I died 7+ times, but I eventually beat it. Good overall game.

dududf:

Virgil:

Greyfox105:

Don't forget to hang first!

Virgil:

That's a bit cruel. Can't you just have him sketched and halved? *rimshot* *is shot*

OT, I liked it, and it's good to see a game that tries to be 'arty[1]' without forsaking gameplay. But I keep feeling I'm missing something. Are the messages supposed to be read backwards or something?

Also, I was pretty sure you'd have to play as the 'friend' later - you don't drawn but can't see except for where the fish are (so water sections would be easier but air sections would be much harder.

[1] Incidentally, that is the name of all my artificer characters in Dungeon Crawl.

Cute, but not mindblowing and not terribly difficult either.

Okaay...an alright game. The mechanic was fairly good, but that was it. I'm not sure I got the ending though. Perhaps if all of the notes were compiled into one chronological list, then that would probably make sense.

Funk, you always find the most touching and heartfelt games. Keep it up, I love these "artsy" games.

Couldn't make heads or tails of the ending.

The Random One:

That's a bit cruel. Can't you just have him sketched and halved? *rimshot* *is shot*

Yes you should be shot, since a rimshot is hitting the rim of a drum. I think you mean ba dum tish.

Anyways, that ending came out of nowhere for me since I thought

Someone in the comments actually took points off because the graphics were bad, even though it's a personal choice and adds to the effect.

hopeneverdies:
Someone in the comments actually took points off because the graphics were bad, even though it's a personal choice and adds to the effect.

It is a personal choice, as is whether or not he its employment. He has every right to dock points for that.
And I also could not make heads or tails of the ending.

I was confused more than anything by this game. the game play is short and rather meh. And the "artistic message" is lost on me it seems, cause I cant seem to figure out what the message is supposed to be.

Great ending :P
I get what the note meant :)

Also, there were other very interesting games in the place this came from I specially liked the 10 second war(specially meaning the "only other game I tried"), before it broke down on me.

That was interesting. Not exactly challenging or anything, but touching.

nice game....back to C++ practice....it's gonna be a long night T_T

That was rather fun. :)
I kinda missed what the last note said tho. I jumped right past it and finished the game...

Nice but kind of meh. It didn't really seem to have a point to me.

this game is so good, im not sure has the right to exist.

thats right, this game has opened a paradox in my brain O_O

It was very interesting, and left me feeling tense the whole way through. Good game, and quite a surprising ending.

Strange game. I wanna say I understand the ending but at the same time, I'm not sure.

Good game, I think the notes make it. The way it's revealed how much time has elapsed was really clever, as was the slow revealtion of the nature of your friend.

weird game... but I like it :p

Gxas:
Funk, you always find the most touching and heartfelt games. Keep it up, I love these "artsy" games.

You seem to be one of the few people here that seems to understand what the "message" this game was trying to get across. So would you please enlighten me to what it is?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here